Hey, Veeky Forums how do you personally see Humanity's relationship to God? Is there anything to compare it too?

Hey, Veeky Forums how do you personally see Humanity's relationship to God? Is there anything to compare it too?

btw, pic-related somewhat unrelated. I heard it was some kind of angel or something but I'm not sure how correct it is.

There is nothing to compare a God to, so no.

No, I mean the actual relationship between God and man

We are His slaves.

Assuming you mean the omnipotent, omnipresent judeo-christian God, it's a Master-Slave relationship because God can do absolutely anything and humans have no recourse for it.

Start with the Mesopotamians.

that's an Ophanim from the Book of Ezekiel.

Once in my religious studies class my professor made a cool illustration of how the Hindu view God, I thought it was a cool representation.
Basically he said God is like a light- a candle- within a paper lampshade. We humans are like holes poked in the lampshade where God shines through, yet we do not subtract from him and we can be created(theoretically) ad infinitum. when we die we go back to the source that is God, thus covering the hole back up.
The illustration, however limited, depicts man as a 2 dimensional iimpression on a wall from a 3 dimensional source, connected, yet unfathomable(from the 2 dimensional perspective)

God is the concept of perfection. Everything we call "better" casts out a notion of divine perfection, which is why gods are so often paragons and heroes for specific traits and techniques. Hence Christ's disappointment in human nature. The myth goes that God becomes Man in order to descend to us, but also to lift us up to him. Yet Christ, or perhaps just the divine part of him, is continually disappointed in us, as exemplified by the disciples falling asleep while Jesus prays, or Peter's cutting off the soldier's ear, or Peter's sinking.

Where God is concerned we are always below, looking to ascend, while He, somehow despite his perfect knowledge, is at a loss as to why we are so weak.

I see it as everyones god is seeing everything because we say so.

>Its God? = the rings remind me of the sun, and sun has been an archetype for god.

>See's everything? = Eyes, but more importantly multiple eyes.

> Everyones god? = difference in eye color and size.

>Because we say so? = the foundation of the painting is two rings. Rings are things weve made to make us (Humanity) feel important. The same way we made god to make use feel important.

Just a shot in the dark.

It's an Ophanim. A class of angel. Also called "Thrones".

if you read into it you'll have a pretty hard time convincing yourself it's not a goddamn spaceship.

>circles are thrusters
>wheels-within-wheels design
>contain Cherubim(different class of angel)
>Carry aloft the Spirit of God

>Ophanim

Where do the higher angels come from Veeky Forums? are they all created by God or can anybody that has a genuine desire to be close to God as possible ascend the ranks? is this a bad question to ask?
I'm not sure how to translate that analogy, are you saying the Hindu view God as everything?

God damnit you're right.

I have a hard time seeing it, having thrusters everywhere would seem pretty akward to me

you need thrusters in literally every conceivable direction in order to travel in space. You need to be able to dampen your inertia.

For the most part they're said to be created by God, but some sources say certain angels like Metatron were originally people (some traditions hold that Metatron was Enoch in life).

Yes, God created all the angels.
they are a separate "system" than man, you can't "ascend the ranks" and neither can they. But their ranks aren't like ours, like a hierarchy. More like a body.
Lucifer was highest, he was different from the rest and ruled in heaven before his betrayal. I think Archangels are the highest? Then Seraphim, Cherubim, Oraphim, etc.

Unlike humans, angels don't have Grace. They have free will, like us, but unlike us if they choose to rebel that's it. Like that's a wrap on their whole existence. Obviously their relationship with God and their understanding is immeasurably different from ours.

But no, they're not humans. Although they have come down to fornicate with our women. That's what kickstarted the whole Noah's flood deal, man/angel abomination babies

>Hindu view God as everything?
Yeah, but that's not the point in that context. All men are part of God in Hinduism. Reflections of the whole.

>Metatron
that will never not remind me of Transformers

So what's the point to the angels having free will if they can't repent or have grace or anything?

I don't know.
I don't know if it's as bad as all that- eternal damnation and everything, but they definitely have a higher understanding than we do and are held by a standard we wouldn't conceive.
The Bible says a lot of weird things like that.
Like Jesus one time curses a tree because it didn't bear fruit for him.
In the book of Enoch(non biblical canon) Enoch saw nine(?) stars that were imprisoned(literal fucking stars) for disobedience.
maybe that's something for angels, trees, and stars to understand, it's none of my business, but it's definitely a weirder dimension to the Abrahamic God

So what do the souls of the people do after they die? What's there to do if all of the "deeper understanding" work is done by angels?

How do the relationships of people, angels, and God play out in the afterlife?

bumpo

that of children to a father

Humanity enjoys agape from god

Reason or the ratio of all we have already known, is not the same that it shall be when we know more

Therefore

God becomes as we are, that we may be as he is.
\

If you can't compare a God to anything you can't accurately compare his relationships.