Going to be visiting Amsterdam at the end of this month

Going to be visiting Amsterdam at the end of this month,

where should i dine?

Other urls found in this thread:

restaurantdwars.nl/
foodhallen.nl/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Marijiuaners

Reminder these tall jews literally charge for water there.

Also don't go to the 1€ sex shows. it may seem like value for money: It's not

Define 'dine'.

Vlemmincx Sausmeesters has the best fries in town no question.

It's a Dutch tradition to consume copious amounts of sweet pastries during New Years, so look for stands selling Oliebollen, Poffertjes Appelflappen and/or Appelbeignets.

Stroopwafels are also sold by street vendors and incredibly delicious when eaten fresh and piping hot.

As for regular food, I've heard good things about the Bierfabriek, a beer, chicken and BBQ-themed restaurant without a lot of fancy trimmings.

Whenever I'm in Amsterdam I usually just eat Chinese food at the Zeedijk, though. The Chinese food there is usually tip-top and also eaten by actual Chinese people, not the usual take-out trash.

>Reminder these tall jews literally charge for water there.
>Also don't go to the 1€ sex shows. it may seem like value for money: It's not
Tourists are THE dumbest people around. We have some of the worlds best tap water so I don't know where they charged you for drinking that. Also >peepshows are you 11 or what?

Amsterdam has a huge 'hip' food scene so just look that shit up on Tripadvisor etc. Also you absolutely have to get a McKroket at the Mickey's but avoid the one on the Kalverstraat as it's crowded and expensive

Go for a surinam roti at roopram or try some indonesian food it's bretty good in Amsterdam

Dutch food is bad, Amsterdam can be good in high end restaurants but its very expensive.

Try out fresh stroopwafel, kibbeling freshly made of markets and you will have tasted their best stuff

t. French guy living in the Netherlands for 5 years now

if youre into really white people shit, go to coffee&coconut

I had a great meal in Amsterdam over the summer at a place called Restaurant Dwars.

Great fresh food with a beer pairing for each course. It was a little pricey, like 40 euros for 4 courses and probably another 25 for the beer, but overall not too bad.

restaurantdwars.nl/

Most traditional Dutch food is akin to German food with a bit more emphasis on fish. Mostly just meat, veggies and potatoes.

For comfort food or fancy shit the Dutch have traditionally pilfered other cultures. This means that they have plenty of top-notch Surinamese, Indonesian/Chinese and French/Italian style restaurants.

Not to mention access to Belgian beers, waffles fries and chocolate.

Follow 's suggestion and check Tripadvisor.

And don't forget to try some oliebollen/poffertjes/stroopwafels from street vendors.

In my time in Amsterdam I found most restaurants suck. The markets are very good though and you can get great bread and cheese, veggies etc and make terrific sandwiches.

>Reminder these tall jews literally charge for water there.
Did you go to the turks again?
There are water fountains around that provide free drinking water. Even in Amsterdam.

That said, look up the bananabar. One of the very few worthy places to go around if you have the buck.

whats with all the "argentinian" restaurants there?
I found funny that most of them just serve american style steaks and BBQ and call it a day, but it made me curious about why are there so many of them

>where should i dine?

foodhallen.nl/ to try a bunch of (hipster) stuff. Including bars. Especially the Gin bar.

Beats me - I'm a native and I've never been to an Argentinian steak house in my life.

They must be good at attracting dem tourists, though. Maybe they make all their money on indecisive/confused foreigners going 'Oh, steak! I know what that is!'

It's run by Turks.

Money laundering operations, just like the Shisha/lounge bars and notKFC fried chicken places.

degenerate pot smokers kys

I went there just out of curiosity (I'm an argie btw)
they were really not good...

I loved the herrings and all the pastries and syrup pancakes though
IIRC the best food experience was always around the street vendors and markets, restaurants were kind of a letdown (although I didn't do much research about them beforehand and just went to the ones I felt like going)

pancake bakery near anne frank's house

>I loved the herrings

No shit, the fermented ones? I love 'em but there's no denying it's generally an acquired taste.

> Amsterdam
Mooie touristenval, flikker.

If you have a day take a visit out to Den Haag, it's gorgeous and less crowded than Amsterdam. Also Den Haag has one of my favourite restaurants ever, Spijs, in the Scheveningen area. Some of the best food I've ever eaten in my life, plus afterward you can stroll on the beach.

In Amsterdam I liked the Albert Cuypmarket for a variety of food and trinkets.

Pro-tip: If you have enough time, wander around Schiphol airport. There's a deli in there that gives free samples of local cheese and they are all delicious, although my friend went on a cheese tour of Amsterdam and said she ate more cheese than ever in her life so there's that.

this guy knows his shit

If you are getting drunk, then a kapsalon is a must

>fucking up good herring with onion, pickles, and fucking white bread
kys amsterdammers, herring tastes perfectly fine on its own
t. Dutchfag

>Skipping unions

>he hates the crunchy sweetness of the onions

>ruining fresh sweet fatty new herring with hours old chopped onion
I don't hate onion, but no thanks.

but they dont serve you tap water if you ask in a restaurant

can confirm this as a dutchfag.traditional dutch dinner food (stamppot I guess) isn't even served in restaurants desu. just normal food you can eat anywhere like steak and shit.

Zeedijk has some interesting asian food indeed, including probably the only legit jap 'restaurant' I've ever been to. They have a nice view out of the window and you can watch japanese gameshows on their tv.

Don't forget to eat hollandse nieuwe!

?

if you got the cash 'the 5 flies' is an awesome restaurant

I asked for tap water at every fucking restaurant I went to and every single one said they don't do it and I had to pay. As I said, the filthy dutch jew just fleecing tourists. A shame because otherwise it was my favourite city to visit ever.

The Grand Cafe the train station is pretty fancy. Food is good and the atmosphere is awesome. They also have a cockatoo at the bar that is very fun to watch

jawanese, surinamese, vietnamese
try The Seafood Bar on Van Baerlestraat also
Wok to Walk if short on cash.
the kapsalon experience is uniformly horrid

>Not putting onions on your herring
Mijn land uit.

does febo still exist?

Bigger than ever. I don't think the food is all that good, though - even for fast food. The milkshakes are great, though.

Honor your herring, flikker.

The use of onions stems from the need to cover up any putrid taste in times of sub-par preservation, they've since lost that purpose. You can actually enjoy the taste of the fish now.

There are 117 Michlen starred restaurant in Amsterdam, so you can check the Michlen guide for the top rated ones.
also they have a good reputation for coffee, I'm not talking about Weed Cafes.

F E B O

also this and this

>also they have a good reputation for coffee

Our coffee culture is pretty much lifted wholesale from Italy. Espresso/ristretto for days.

I heard Amsterdam does good satay, is that true?

Ramen-Ya on the outskirts of the red light district

Burger Bitch near the ArenA

Also if it hasn't been said already, you've got to try the McKroket

I want frogs to get out

Venster 33 is pretty good and affordable. Great risotto there

De Kas is one of the best but expensive

Indo's everywhere, so yes. We usually write 'saté'.

Is that the place near the Heineken brewery? There was a waitress with a 10/10 ass working there

Gebr. Hartering, near central station
High quality, not so expensive, menu changes weekly.

De Japanner, south, in the Albert Cuyp market
Japanese style bar, where you can get drunk and have katsu and other shit.

Restaurant at Rijksmuseum is pretty good, but they recently got a Michelin star so it's probably fully booked till next year by now

Mr. Nieges
Shitty food and overpriced, but a nice location to have drinks

Bierfabriek
Beer from tap at your own table and roast chicken

Cafe Loetje
7.5/10 steaks but reasonably priced.

Brouwerij Troost in south
Good beer and burgers

>Gebr. Hartering, near central station
>High quality, not so expensive, menu changes weekly.

Next to Gebr. Hartering is 'Hidden in Plain Sight' one of the best cocktail bars in Amsterdam. And across it is Restaurant Greetje. Dutch and French cuisine. Pretty expensive, but worth your money

100% agreed! The onions were used in the past to cover up the stronger brine flavour. Maatjes are perfect pure on their own, maybe with some onions or bread on the side.

t. Vlaming

Bordewijk

I go every time I go to Amsterdam, I've probably gonna go again in May.

There's a place near the Van Gogh museum called "Small Talk" that does amazing hot chocolate with fresh whipped cream on it

Onigiri Ya is the best!

Loetje. Look it up. Also cafe restaurant is pretty good.

Source: I live here

>De Kas

I have been to De Kas; can confirm it is wonderful, but expensive. Excellent wine cellar, too.

Bonus: it was a group of us and somebody else paid (& expensed it).

There was a nice Burger place near a bar called The Cave. Get there at around 6pm and it'll be kinda empty/chill.