Do you assholes use separate boards for meat and veggies?

Do you assholes use separate boards for meat and veggies?

Of course not, you all just eat fast food.

Other urls found in this thread:

faculty.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/faculty/docliver/Research/cuttingboard.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've been using the same bamboo chopping board for everything for the last 7 years

This will stay up and the janitor will have a hearty chuckle.

Meanwhile, I type the word "nigger" and get banned for a month for "flaming".

Why is the moderation on Veeky Forums so awful? Why is the janitor such a pathetic dumbass? It doesn't make sense.

Are you denying being a flaming faggot? Do I need to ban you again?

I don't even have a cutting board, I just use a flat plate or a big plastic lid

You deserve the ban for racism.
This is a blue board.
Also complaining about the moderation policy is against the rules.
Enjoy your ban.

The only flaming I'll do is towards the janitor. I don't have a problem with others faggots that shitpost.

That works fine for Ikea knives

Fuck off, dumb nigger. I'll complain about the shitty moderation and I'll keep shitposting. Good luck banning me. I'm behind seven proxies and a skeleton.

I wish I could afford Ikea knives

This is the second time I've heard avout someone getting banned for saying nigger and I legitimately don't believe you, nigger.

Yes.
Plastic for meat (or any other dishwash-safe material)
Wood or plastic for nearly everything else.

so you admit to being a shitposting faggot?

is it okay to use a wooden cutting board for chicken and such? how do I even clean one of these up

Faggot.

It's actually better to use wood for raw meat, bacteria lives longer on plastic.

I just wash mine between uses if its even needed.

I use plastic for any poultry. Wood for the rest.

>Do you assholes use separate boards for meat and veggies?

Nope. I clean my cutting board if cross-contamination is an issue.

>and a skeleton

Racism is literally against the rules.

I use these plastic cutting sheets for my vegetables, and a wooden cutting board for meats.

Plastic for chicken to dishwasher it

Wood cutting board or butchers block for other meat

A different plastic or wood (plastic for really wet things, wood for not really wet) for everything else

>Do you assholes use separate boards for meat and veggies?
fuck no

usually i prep the veg first then cut the meat

i wash my boards with soap and water after use though

Moderation on Veeky Forums has always been atrocious. The janny is a fatty female with delusions of being a housewife. A literal teehee landwhale.

I have three different boards. One that gets garlic and onions. The other two don't. One of them is for fruits, the other meat/fish.

I don't eat fish but I got a separate one for veggies, chicken and beef

i have a wood one i use for everything except raw meat and a plastic one i use for everything

I have 4 cutting boards. One for meat, one for large pastry stuff like rolling out pie shells, one for cutting and serving bread, and then my everything board.

This. Just prep veggies, etc. first and save the meat for last.
If I'm being autistic I'll place some wax paper on the board before I cut meat, but it doesn't really do anything.

Also, I usually flip the damn board over (with veg juice still on it) and use the "clean" side for meat. I also use scissors to cut up certain types of meat- the same scissors I cut regular shit with, like my hair.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

He does it for free.

actually I do. Left side is cherry, used just for meat, right side is zebra wood for veggies and fruits. It's all been treated to be food safe (which made it heavy as fuck).

Naturally I went red so the blood could stain the wood without being noticeable. I want to bevel the whole thing and blood trap the cherry side but I just haven't gotten around to it.

I have 2 wood boards that I use for everything. Raw chicken, vegetables, you name it. Havent gotten sick from food poisoning once.

Top kek get a load of this fucking nigger

Wood for everything but meat.
Plastic for meat only.

Oil your wood with mineral oil to keep seasoned.
Bleach your plastic when done using.

Simple stuff.

I use pic related and just keep things separate.
I then take it into the back yard and power wash it.

Shit, sorry.

You stole that from work, didn't you?

No!
I paid two bucks.

Source?

>eating meat

I don't eat meat.

>eating veggies

No, but I use a separate board for onions.

i don't recall ever cutting meat for prep. maybe a breakfast sausage roll

>eating food

This i got banned for calling these nignog toes even though its a name my grandparents told me

Kys suhuman

you suck cock but you don't eat meat. it don't make sense to me!

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

>buy 2/3/4-pack of cutting boards for $10
>only use the red one for cutting meat
Pretty easy.

My mom just used the same cutting board for everything and she never had any problems. If you plan to prep veggies before meat, you won't have an issue to begin with.

I use one chopping board

I barely eat any raw stuff besides fruit and when I do need to cut up something to eat raw I just wash the board before I use it

Separate boards is for germaphobes

My gf gets mad as shit when I chop veg on the same surface as raw meat. I do it anyway.

Neither of us have even once gotten sick from anything I've cooked, yet she still insists on cutting everything seperately and hosing every surface down with antibacterial spray between every knife-stroke.

>Horsecrop.
>Ammo cans.
Veeky Forums.

In this UC Davis Scientific Study of Plastic versus Wood Cutting Boards, Wood beats Plastic every single time.

faculty.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/faculty/docliver/Research/cuttingboard.htm

Bacteria is absorbed into the wood through capillary action and quickly dies. Bacteria cannot survive long in the wood.

Meanwhile, Bacteria can get trapped in the scratches of plastic boards where they get a chance to grow and multiply more easily since it is harder to manually clean and disinfect a scratched up plastic board.

So yeah, I am amazed there are people in this thread who cut meat on plastic boards.

You know that scanning electron micrographs on your plastic boards would reveal that to be a very bad idea, right?

Throw out all your plastic boards and get wooden boards.

Food poisoning isn't a very fun thing to experience.

>Wanting to ruin the forest to shill your wood boards.

Caring about trees that can actually decompose in your lifetime while plastic junk will last longer than your lifetime.

Trees are taken from nature, plastic boards are bought in the store.

Plastic is derived from oil and oil is also from nature.

Thank you for supporting the petrodollar even more.

I wouldn't doubt this. Ive been banned at least three times for the stupidest shit. And I'm one of the people who actually provides content, information, and relevant comments too.
It seems like if you call out a butthurt shitposter, they can report you and then you get banned. Trolls win again on Veeky Forums, who would have guessed?
MODS=FAGS, also nigger toes

Thanks for quoting the whole thread, fuckass.

Also, no one cares. Unless you're an infant, elderly, or impregnated, then none of this should matter if you use proper cooking technique and soapy water to wash your cutting surfaces.

No, I don't eat meat.

Do you not wash your board, OP? Are you some kind of...faggot?

>industry uses plastic fucking everywhere
>people go out to eat all the time and more often than not, don't get sick

WAKE UP, SHEEPLE

>spinach
>half an orange
>kiwi/grapes/strawberries/raspberries (or any fruit you like, everything in moderation though since lots of carbs)
>pumpkin seeds/sunflower seeds (a little)
>no dressing, juice from fruit makes it flavorful
>glass of water

My mom bought me one of these. It has separate cutting boards for vegetables, meat, fish and already prepared stuff.

It was about a year ago, but I once got banned for explaining to someone that fat (in moderation) is part of a balanced diet. I guess this fact triggered someone.

I do but, only on wooden boards. That is, I do not cut meat on wooden boards.

Poly board here. Washes off with ease.
Stews, soups and bakes (where all the ingredients are intermixed anyhow) I dont bother with worrying about cross-contamination

So is shitposting.

Gangster.

Rule 3 is so vague and inclusive that any mod from any board can ban anyone for anything even slightly offensive. It stifles free speech and makes crossboarding a pain in the ass. For example on /a/ I can be as racist as I want as long as I stay on topic but some butthurt sjw mod on /co/ will give me a 7 day ban for saying the n word. I don't even feel safe typing on Veeky Forums. Thank god for the other chan.

Just post and take the lumps, this fucking meta shit has been up for a day. The tallywacker /pol/ shit was up for days.

Well....not on purpose.

For vegetables I use a smaller white plastic board because it's what I chop most often and it's the easiest one to clean.

I have a bigger wooden board for cutting meat or poultry since it's heavier and won't move around and will fit all the work.

I clean the motherfuckers with boiling water anyways.

If you're cooking the veggies after chopping them, then you're good. If you're eating them raw after having them on the same surface as raw chicken or pork, then I'm going to have to call you a moran.

Because it stops you from shitposting on one of the only decent boards left.

>It stifles free speech
Don't like the site don't use it.
See above, it's purposefully vague so you can be justifiably banned for shitposting. So stop fucking shitposting, onions have nothing to do with politics.

I have four separate cutting boards from the same series and a fifth one for bread.

Come at me brethren.

I only cook in wholes so i don't need a chopping board.

Reddit sounds more your speed, kiddo.

Thats where youre wrong, kiddo

Niger niger niger niger niger

>fast food
you mean "good food quickly"

I use the same plastic chopping board for everything, have done for years. Chop veg first, then meat, and chuck it in the dishwasher once done. Easy.

Never had a problem. Maybe I will get a set of nice wooden ones some day for the hell of it but the singular plastic one does the job just fine.

Same

Why would you dishwash vegetables and meat?

>he doesn't wash his ingredients

I have a big wooden one for stuff like bread and cheese. A little thin rubbery one for vegetables and a big plastic one for meat.

Of course, don't be stupid.
>Corian cutting boards for meat, poultry, fish
>wooden cutting boards for vegetables, fruit, etc.

I do also have a large wooden bbq board, but that's for a specific purpose, and was a wedding gift, I didn't buy it.

I use the same wooden board for everything but I chop all my veg before meat.

I have that same set and 2 really thick ones. These scratch super easy....or its cause my knifes are sharp as fuck. Think it's the sealer they used is shit. The thick ones are fine but they've warped a little over time

Congratulations for one of the few slightly informative posts in this thread.

I use a large bamboo cutting board and a smaller plastic one if I need to cut something and don't have time to wash the big one.
I've always wondered why professional kitches use plastic boards. Maybe it is because their cleaning is so much better that bacteria cannot survive it anyway, but no one seems to be able to give a definitive answer to that.

Your kitchen looks like it fucking stinks to high heaven, to be quite truthful.

I'm moving right now so it is in disarray. Doesn't smell bad though.

Please ban this man !

I have two chopping boards. One is small, the other is large. I do so much cooking every single day that to be a pedantic faggot and get worried about this shit would drive me insane. Therefore, I mix and match

Occassionally if I cut chicken I may wash the board between other ingredients. Most of the time just wipe with the kitchen towel.

>people use wood at home
>people get sick from eating out instead of at home much more often
Not helping your case

Who the fuck is such a filthy person that their own cooking makes them sick?

Mind you, I got diahrea from eating at a mates place the other month. Cunt has kids... children = wasted space and infection

yellow board for fowl
red board for red meat
green board for veg

>Why is the moderation on Veeky Forums so awful?

its not just Veeky Forums moderation on this entire site is dog shit because hiro legitimately does not care about it as long as he cant get retards to buy Veeky Forums passes and sell ad space about fucking fruit. literally every single board on Veeky Forums hate their janitors on moderators and complains about them constantly. hiro has even been in a lot of these threads and refuses to acknowledge to problem

How does Bamboo compare to wood?