Spend an hour reading Infinite Jest

>spend an hour reading Infinite Jest
>still only 2% through

JUST

>tfw slow reader and while lotsa ppl have read 30 books this year i've read 3

?????????????????????????

2% of infinite is infinite my good man :)

it takes me 2 hours for 2%

When you put it like that, I guess I can say that I've finished it and no one can disprove that. Didn't rate it if I'm being honest, no real plot and the whole thing seemed like DFW showing off his ability to write prose.

>tfw 24 y/o and I've read 0%

>JUST
*JEST

Page 631 here.

>First 250 or so pages were good but I was losing motivation to keep reading it.
>Pages ~250-500 you start to see some semblance of a story that joins the characters together and makes you keep reading.
>Around 400-500 I sort of just 'got it' - or get why this book is so good.

Where i'm at now i'm really enjoying it. Its going to feel so comfy when I close this book after reading the last page.

>read pleb book
>read for 2 hours
>tfw only 20 pages in

i'm reading The Shinning if you have to know

How?
If you can't read pleb books fast, I don't know what to say

i'm very slow. Sometimes I have to read a sentence a few times before it makes sense. Even for pleb books it's hard.

>Decide to read a chapter of IJ
>20 page footnote
>Mfw

>read book in second language
>exhausted after 10 pages

I got to a pretty decent point midway through the book when i torrented it 5 or 6 years ago. Was good but i felt like trash for not owning a physical copy desu

Just bought the pale king and am enjoying it as well. I think ill pick up a copy of IJ next week and maybe something by kesey.

Can someone explain why the fuck this book is so popular to someone who hasn't read it? Why does Veeky Forums fap to it years on end. Honestly my instincts say any book that gets a movie adaptation in this millennium must probably suck.

>Honestly my instincts say any book that gets a movie adaptation in this millennium must probably suck.
This book hasn't been made into a movie, so your instincts don't really apply here.

>movie adaptation

wut, u retarded m8?

Kek

oh... my bad then, i must be confused.

The movie on David Foster Wallace adapted a biographical book written by the journalist that followed dfw during his book tour.