Which author had the toughest life

Which author had the toughest life and why? How did it impact on their writing?

Pic related is my answer: me and my diary

Wow that's some next level embarrassment

Me

What faggot censors his first name?

its a rather uncommon name so if anyone i know browses this shit board theyd be able to infer it was me immediately so no

The person you texted will be showing it to everyone you know so they'll recognise it anyway.

Did they reply back?

Bukowski. German-born, went to school during WW2. Lasted a semester at college. Extremely ugly, virgin until 25-26 (first girl was a fat chick). Daddy issues. Shitty and degrading job. Started to write quite late. Alcoholism and Veeky Forums lifestyle helped him to write, copied some of his style from guys like John Fante, who also had a shit life.

Kafka. the impact is obvious enough that i don't feel the need to write it out here.

nah shes in one friends group from long ago with no mutuals with my current uni friends so its g idc about her friends in another city

yes, with three crying smiley faces and then 'all good'

Dostoevsky
>death penalty
>exiled in siberia
>watching his kid die

Yes, I think Kafka was suffering a lot. But don't forget he had a PhD (Doctorate) in Law, he had an easy job in insurance, probably well-paid. In his free-time he used it for inspiration to make fun of bureaucracy. He's been dating several women, was just sad he could never marry

Bukowski is a great contestant here. But recently I read Hunger by Knut Hamsun, in the long run he probably was a normie compared to Buk, but what he tells in Hunger is pretty extreme. He was so starved that chunks of his hair were literally falling in his 20's. When he made a bit of money, he would eat and then throw up, his body couldn't take it. Like those starved children from Africa.

>watching his kid die
story?

That user is probably referring to the death of his son, Alyosha, at 3 years old due to an epileptic seizure. He also had a daughter die in infancy of pneumonia, though.

The three months old baby died of pneumonia , and Anna his wife, recalled how Dostoyevsky "wept and sobbed like a woman in despair"

oh, that's eric clapton -tier then.

Nietzsche, no contest.

Congrats on handling the death of your child better

maybe look up eric clapton.

No such thing as "toughest" life. Hard is hard.

I think this, unironically.

Read his biography, and his daily life was fucking hell.

I know without looking that his son Conor died age 4. It came across as a pretty dismissive comment.

Conrad Aiken - Aiken was the son of wealthy, socially prominent New Englanders, William Ford and Anna (Potter) Aiken, who had moved to Savannah, Georgia, where his father became a respected physician and brain surgeon. Then something happened for which, as Aiken later said, no one could ever find a reason. Without warning or apparent cause, his father became increasingly irascible, unpredictable, and violent. Finally, early in the morning of February 27, 1901, he murdered his wife and shot himself. According to his own writings, Aiken (who was eleven years old) heard the gunshots and discovered the bodies.

And it makes it even worse that he was a better poet than TS Eliot and he was confined to obscurity.

Kys mong

At some point Bukowski confesses he's lucky he was a college dropout during WW2.
because most fit males had been sent to war
that's how it was rather easy back then to do dozens of odd jobs, talking back to the boss and quitting after a few days
that being said, he lived awful stuff too

>he lived awful stuff too

Well, true to form, he wrote awful stuff as well.

hello Veeky Forums

the Marquis de Sade spent half his life in prison, including in Bastille prison