Has a book/work ever changed your life in a way significant/noticeable to you?

Has a book/work ever changed your life in a way significant/noticeable to you?

No matter how you answer this question you're a tryhard pseud

Catcher in the Rye reignited my love of books in high school after not reading for a few years

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas made me realize that books could talk about some real taboo and crazy shit and be as much fun as anything else

James Joyce in general elevated me to understanding what real artistic perfection is, and solidified the yndersranding in my mind that geniuses more often than not are never understood in their time

The Brothers Karamazov made me be nicer to others, even though I feel like there was a lot I missed

The Egyptian made me realize there's good literature out there. Had I not read it early enough, dunno what would've ignited the interest.

It only made me "want" to be nicer to others. I wish it actually had changed my life.

Reading too much Hemingway made me an idiot for rather long a period and Hesse messed with my head when I was 17.

>Hesse
how exactly?

I completely changed my life direction after reading Steppenwolf and Siddhartha in quick succession.

I may catch flak for this and called a pseudo intellectual pleb but I'd have to say The Dice Man.

It didn't make me want to throw dice and throw away my personality but discussing all of our superficiality in such a fun way struck a chord with me. it's a book I find myself going back to often. It also has one of my favorite epilogues of nonsensical bullshit that fits perfectly.

Which directions were those?

I was on my way to doing a PhD and realised staying in school forever was stifling, boring, and made me miss out on a whole range of other interesting experiences, partly to appease what other people expected of me.

What do you do now?

Notice the lack of response

Narziss und Goldmund, made me see that true beauty lies in being truly free.

Sophie's World and Catcher in the Rye.

Reader the Stranger got me hooked on reading and changing my major to literature. so yeah i guess so.

Posts on a Moldovian microwave-repair image board.

no matter what the words "image board" are never changed. be more creative next time

>changing my major to literature

kek, Camus trolled you from his grave, that's next level shitposting

does the bible count?

Aside from a few cliche, juvenile moments (Catcher in the Rye moving me toward reading, Leaves of Grass making me more empathetic and atune with nature, On the Road making me a faggot), most of my reading causes inter-referential transformations or, rather, changes in respects to how I view art. Like first reading Hemingway and seeing what a clean-cut sentence could do. Or, first reading Bartheleme, who blew the doors off of my conceptions of traditional narrative/plot convention. I can think of a few others, but it's a little lackluster in comparison to having a personal experience with a book. The last moving experience I had was binge reading Tolstoy in the pits of major depression and general dissatisfaction with my life, and realizing I was basically being a little bitch in comparison to Ivan Ilyitch who was writhing in pain, and it was better to live and have occassional moments of despair than it is to be fucking dead.

tropic of cancer. pic related; ugly guy bangs a lot

How fucking new are you?

what if i told you infinite jest was my real tipping point.