What kind of rice is good to eat on it's with nothing else on it?

What kind of rice is good to eat on it's with nothing else on it?
I went to a Mongolian place recently and they had this amazing complementary rice that was slightly sticky and i had 2 bowls of it with nothing on it, no soy, no sauce, just plain rice.

I'm on a slight budget and i'm getting tired of beans and I'd like to pick up a giant bag of rice that's half decent to just eat on it's own or maybe with some soy sauce.

Brown rice has really good flavour. I don't know if this is within your budget.

Wild is even better.

Basmati is pretty cheap, also good.

Is "wild" a type of rice? I don't know much about the different kinds of rice out there. I walk down the isle at the store and it feels like there's about 90 different kinds of rice on the shelf.

As far as brands go I like Nishiki.
What kind of peasant eats plain old rice though?

It probably doesn't matter. Try them all.

Wild rice is a type of grass seed. Its really popular in Minnesota. Its quite good, but not cheap. Lots more texture/flavor than rice, give it a try. Sometimes its sold as a blend with other rice.

Any brown or par-boiled rice.

White rice is for plebs.

You're talking about "sticky" rice if you're after what you had at the mongolian place. It's called "short grain" at stores so look for that.

My vote is for wild. It's definitely not the cheapest, but the taste is good and it's amazing for you. It's the trail mix of rice.

don't get a big bag. unless you can keep bugs out.

bout a fucking 20lb bag of jasmine rice. fucking delicious rice. mmm man did i pig out when i first opened that shit. ate it 3 days in a row. hadn't even put a dent in it.
next week i think, damn that rice was good i want some more, lets get fucking asian in here.
>opens bag
see several bugs in my bag of white paradise
FUCK ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!
throw the fucking shit out. made me want to puke because they were still fucking moving.

see little did I know, rice is shipped with iddy biddy little baby bug eggs. and endospores. and a fuck ton of other reproductive anomalies.
for fucks sake, all i wanted was some fucking rice.

>not washing your rice six times through
you deserve all ya get pal

JASMINE

Honestly, the way to make rice tasty is to cook it properly. The biggest thing you need to do for that is rinse it. There is some technique to rinsing it, so look that up.

wash the rice and then put it back in the bag? is that really what you are supposed to do ?
>teach me senpai

all 20lbs of it? 6 times?

The long-grain shit you get in 10 pound bags, except you actually cook it right instead of being a dipshit.

Who gives a shit, really. Just pick out the bugs and anything discolored. Its like cutting the mold off of cheese. No harm done to the bulk of the product.
I bought an "organic" cauliflower a few weeks ago. Had the damn thing in my fridge for nearly 2 weeks before I got around to using it, and when I cut it up there were two live earwigs inside. I was like, meh, tossed out the bugs and discolored shit stains, which were very isolated, and cooked it as normal.
Don't be such a goddamn faggot, we live in a world of chemistry and biology, we eat insects, germs, and feces all the time without knowing it. The chef at your favorite restaurant uses the five second rule when something falls, and so did your mom. Unless you literally have AIDS, there is nothing to worry about.

LOL, i hope your ass lives in my city. ill see your ass in the ER big boy when the staph you ingest makes its way out of your GI tract.
=literally half the people coming into the ER

>rice is shipped with iddy biddy little baby bug eggs
It was the Jews wasn't it?

I live in a fucking first world country and if i can visibly see shit crawling in my food, no sir, ill video myself throwing away 20lbs of rice and send it to a starving african child. and then proceed to the store to buy another so i don't have to fucking ingest what i don't want to.
>decides to get technical "we live in a world of chemistry and biology."
no motherfucker, the world IS chemistry and we are biology. fuck yourself to back freshman year of college.

Don't buy rice in bulk if you're worried about insects. Buy it as you'll use it. This is easier if you live near a grocery store, of course. Wash your rice.

Or buy a big ol box of white minute rice. Add a little rice vinegar, and curse yourself for falling for the Jasmine Meme.

>PRO tip: "Jasmine" is french for "Sandnigger"

keep yo rice in the freezer and it's not an issue
>inb4 I don't have freezer space
if you're buying shit in bulk then you should have a deep freeze

I think there are different short/round grains. Sticky/glutinous rice, arborio and venere for risotto, etc.
Sticky or glutinous rice, in Asian shops.

>Aladin's gf is sandniggers
That's in India, street shitting is the associated racist stereotype.
You're right that bulk rice is shipped with some bugs. Not a problem unless you're a vegan or don't have tap water to wash rice (how would you cook it otherwise?)

Good way to kill insects, larva, pupa and most eggs ; it's what vegan recommend for silk worms (before boiling).
You can take the bag out after a while, as long as it's closed well they shouldn't come back. Still wash rice to dead bodies and shit.

Korean way:
short grain rice, wash toroughly, put it in a pot and add same volume of water. let it sit for 30 minutes.
if you are going to eat it with salty sidedishes dont add salt, otherwise add some and get it to a boil on medium heat. always keep the lid on. after 10 minutes turn the rice over with a spoon or whatever, cover again and let simmer for 10 more minutes.
remove rice, some will be burnt to the bottom, lower heat and put pot with burnt rice back on with lud for ~2 minutes then add some drops of water, cover again and let it rest for a minute on liw heat.
scrape out your crispy rice, add some water and bring to a boil over low heat.
so you got some nice rice, crispy rice and rice tea