So Veeky Forums, im basically trying to start eating "healthier" and lose a few kilos even...

So Veeky Forums, im basically trying to start eating "healthier" and lose a few kilos even, so i need your best risotto/fried/boiled/etc rice recipes.

What my dinner consists now mostly is a chicken breast garnised with some kind of veggies/rice and i wanna make it more interesting.
I usually buy either some frozen risotto mix or just pure white rice and throw it with frozen veggie mix in a pan with some olive oil, but i seriously doubt the quality of those frozen vegetables in first place.
What are some easy, tasty, idiot-proof recipes that I could make quick-ish every evening for a dinner?

Other urls found in this thread:

simpleseasonal.com/recipes/kohlrabi-risotto-roasted-tomatoes-pancetta
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But how fired rice would be healthy ? Or even normal rice ? You'd better add veggies.

If you put less than a tea spoon of olive oil, its not bad for you user, just dont put 2 liters of fucking palm oil or whatever and ull be fine

>tea spoon of olive oil to fry anything
>frying with palm oil
>eating meat when you're trying to lsoe weight and be healthy

what the fuck mate

>IMPLYING EATING A LOT OF LEAN MEAT ISNT THE BEST WAY TO LOSE WEIGHT

LET ME GUESS YOURE A VEGAN RIGHT?

>white chicken meat isnt the best option along with fish for losing weight

Wtf?

fuckin retard

rice is for chinks

>Literally 0 fiber
>Good for losing weight

They aren't terrible options but to claim meat is the best option for losing weight is silly.

Its good because its not caloric, it fills you good and mostly because most of the people are too used to eat meat on a daily basis and its a good substitute for greasy pork or beef, not everything thats good for a diet means ut has fibers

>It's not caloric

I hope you mean that in a relative sense. Chicken and fish certainly have a significant amount of calories, although much less than fatty red meat as you mentioned. I would agree that for people that have been eating shitty diets, chicken and fish are one of the best options to lose weight, because it's a food they will actually stick to. If you gave the average red meat-eater a diet full of beans and greens they would probably shoot themselves instead of losing weight.

Well duh, its not fucking water, but compared to other meats, its pretty good.
Ofcourse, we are talking aboit breast meat, not dark leg/wings meat ot the skin, you migjt as well eat a pork chop at that point

Huh?

I was replying to your forst sentence senpai

>So Veeky Forums, im basically trying to start eating "healthier" and lose a few kilos even, so i need your best risotto/fried/boiled/etc rice recipes.

This is the dumbest shit ever

1. count your calories per day
2. do some exercises to burn excess calories and fat

Eating "healthy" doesn't do jack shit for your weight if you are over eating portions without properly burning off more than you are taking in.

So tired of people who think eating healthy = losing weight. Eating healthy can overall make you feel better as well as being more healthy, but if you burn 2000 calories a day, and ingest 2100 calories you will still gain some weight

Get sauerkraut
fry up half a big jar
put a lamb chop on top

voila
a fat plate of food with hardly any calories but shitloads of flavour

Depending on the meat, it can be the best amount of protein and other nutrients per calorie out there.

simpleseasonal.com/recipes/kohlrabi-risotto-roasted-tomatoes-pancetta I usually make risotto according to these advice before the recipe, really helped with overall taste of the dish. After you roast the rice, start adding cream, stir it, let it soak in, add more, repeat until you feel like that's the texture of rice you need, then you add some grated cheese - some cheddar will do, wild mushrooms, chicken, oregano and you're good. That's the kinda combination I go by.

Literally just don't eat shitty extra-sugar crap like coke, whatever juices, ice cream, etc and you'll lose a bunch of kilos just from that

Train yourself to eat an apple whenever you get sugar craves instead. I lost 2kg (from 63kg, manlet) just from that. Dark chocolate is ok, as long as it's at around 25-30g sugar/100g chocolate

And what many other anons said: work out, even basic stuff like push-ups, pullups, regular (no extra weight) squats

You can eat 3k calories of healthy food every day and you won't lose one single gram of weight. Read a bit and stop falling for shitty media crap about herpa derpa "healthy lifestyle"

For me, its the McChicken, the best diet sandwich

>OP specifically says he wants to eat healthier

>forget eating healthy!!!

Barley is GOAT.

No, the way he phrased it, he's correlating eating "healthy" with losing weight. But I get your point, it's just that you need to try and read past the few first words of his post

I also gave constructive advice, as opposed to passive-aggresive green texting the last post in the thread

Notice how useless this is:
>Barley

Yes, you can theoretically lose weight with a diet of burgers, fries and cola.
But you`ll probably be hungry all the time and get ANOTHER meal. Which puts you above your calorie restrictions. Not to mention your fats are all sub-par and you have not enough protein.

However, if yu diet consists of lean meat, seafood and fresh vegetables, you`ll easily meet your protein needs AND gorge yourself on delicious food all the day while still being in the same calorie bracket as a burger guy.

Just boil that shit and add some spices senpai

stuffed bell pepper

with some minced pork, herbs, eggs and milk

mmmmmm, its not exactly "healthy" but its god tier

>wants to eat healthier and lose weight
>carbs with butter and cheese are a good idea!

>butter
He didnt say anything about butter

bump

problem with this thread OP is that you think rice is healthy

thats a terrible starting point you should reduce rice in your meals as much as you can

make the stir fry with vegetable base

Yes there is such a thing as eating healthy without assuming excercise. I think excercise is key, but eating foods that help with proper brain and body function is a no brainer, no pun intended. Cholesterol, and saturated fats are great for this. Carbohydrates should be avoided at all cost

Whats wrong with rice

White rice is empty carbs. converts to sugar and fat fast with low fiber and nutritional value. White simple carbs (rice pasta and bread) are on par with sugar for causing weight gain.

if you wanna be healthy cut 80-90% of those kinda carbs (that means rice) out of your diet unless you are working out that day. brown rice and whole grains are better because they break down more slowly into sugar.

basically you straight up arent "eating healthy" if you're having a substantial/filling amount of rice at a meal. fucking bummer, i know.

anyway, my go to meals are stir frys because im lazy. Chop up an onion/garlic and cook them down until caramalized, add white meat chicken or fish, add a green vegetable (spinach, kale, broccoli whatever) or an asian mix with water chestnuts/cabbage for crunch.

once its cooked mostly you can add whatever sauce you want for flavoring. rice vinegar and soy sauce are good and low calorie. sriracha and black bean sauce are also good options,'' you can also mix curry paste with a couple tablespoons of water and dump that in there for flavor

you can mix in a small amount of rice but you really do not want that to be your base because even a smaller amount can easily be 500 calories on its own. you won't lose weight that way.

ok not only is this ignorant but it's also dangerous. Do NOT fry stuff with olive oil. It won't taste bad but the olive oil burns at a very low temperature so it can give you literally cancer in the long run. You can at most put some olive oil at super fucking low temperature to add a little bit of taste to something that has already been cooked. But ffs don't fry. anything. with. olive. oil.

>cut 80-90% of carbs out of your diet
Are you retarded or what
If you're eating 2000 cals of the shit every day yeah, but most of that "empty carb" from rice and pasta and etc goes to just running your body daily, not everything you eat needs to be nutritionally dense.

Tell that to Greece, literally the lowest cancer rate in whole of Europe amd they use only olive oil for cooking

literally make a pot of rice and dump salsa innit

By far the best sources of fibrous, slow burning carbohydrate are beans, pulses ans legumes; they also have a substantial amount of protein (arguably not a complete protein like that of meat but still very useful.)

Other decent sources that won't spike your blood sugar too much include barley, bulghur, buckwheat, quinoa and oats. On the other hand, just before and after excercise, a spike in blood sugar is a necessary thing especially for high intensity; short duration efforts.

Couple those sources of energy with good sources of lean meat protein and seasonal fruit and veg and you have a diet fit for an athlete.

Get yourself some decent glass bodied tupperware and cook all your lunches and dinners in batches of 3-4 days and eating well and cheaply is easy.

No more excuses user, get to it.

There is literally nothing wrong with rice

Your trying to lose weight but you want recipes for risotto a grain that adds belly fat

>don't fry with olive oil

I don't get this at all. Mario Batali, back when he wasn't a tool and doing Molto Mario, even used olive oil for deep frying.

>people itt actually believe that olive oil is bad for you

wat?

Pure concentrated fat that disrupts endothelial function

Frying at extremely high temperatures with olive oil is bad, yes, but medium-high temperature is fine.

>t. A brain consisting of pure concetrated fat.

Nice strawman, retard

>our brain runs on glucose
>CHUG THIS BAG OF SUGAR, YOU'LL GET REAL SMART

Endothelial has to do with cardiovascular function, not cancer

That's a bit extreme. There's honestly not a lot of good evidence either way to support whether or not frying extra virgin olive oil past it's smoke point will release a deadly amount of carcinogens in the long run. What is an absoloute is that olive oil heated past smoking tastes absoloutely fucking awful. But there's no harm in using it for frying, even at medium-high.

Don't count your calories. Just learn what it feels like to actually be hungry, then feel it before you eat. Only eat until you're full. It's not rocket science.

bad advice for a beginner who thinks eating rice based dishes is the epitome of healthy eating.

this eventually becomes true once you understand the basics and apply new healthy habits for long enough to understand what it feels like but someone who is just beginning needs more guidance than that.

definitely do count your calories every day for a week or two just to fully understand the caloric value of the foods you eat (most people guess wrong.) after that it's fine to stop. shoot for 2k/day and adjust based on how active or inactive your lifestyle is. its hard to not eat mostly carbs.

even if it's just when you're hungry, you will easily pass 3k calories daily since shitty fried foods arent going to be particularly filling.

im not saying never have any fun ever, im just saying you need to form a better idea of what youre eating and what a healthy balanced diet looks like

good post