How do I stop being such a boring person? I bore others

How do I stop being such a boring person? I bore others.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ipHcuh_1uVo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

become funny

become *fun

No, funny.

Unfunny pedant detected.

Wrong. Funny people are boring.

Boring "funny guy" detected.

Most people cannot (and don't necessarily want to) tell the difference between funny and interesting.

Okay there's at least one samefag in here.

Experience more life through art or with actual interactions. Interactions is a game played by both sides to see who can become the most boring first until you tire of them. The more life experiences, viewpoint and random trivia you know, the slower the process of becoming boring becomes.
If you bore others, it means you have nothing interesting to tell or to teach. Or you don't have a fun personality to counter your lack of knowledge.

1. You can't become funny.
1.1 Funny people are interesting only when you're young and/or stupid.

What if we're always young and stupid? wtf really makes u think now huh

Why did she do it ;-;

>You can only be funny when you're stupid

Really makes you think, huh

>she

Travel, have sex, do drugs, read fringe and read for fun. And by that I don't mean genre fiction.

I love Virginia, but she's not the way to stop being a bore

>doing drugs
>having sex

how does that make you interesting?

>travel

this I can see, I've traveled to a few different countries like russia and Kyrgyzstan, but honestly it doesn't make you interesting. most people's idea of traveling is going to venice and taking lots of pictures and that's it.

If you aren't inherently"interesting" than you just gotta fake it man. Just Get really offended at bullshit that absolutely no one else even considers opinion worthy. Also, when someone questions any of your actions or beliefs (which from here on out have to make no sense to you), start explaining yourself in a very rapid and spergy manner then just stop halfway through your autist freakout and claim that it's "best fit for another time and place". It'll also be to your advantage to choose one drink that's not water and stick to it, and only eat once a day,

there are different types of interesting. sometimes frivolity is interesting. just being able to bullshit around and be in the moment.

you don't need to be someone who is always "switched on" all the time. relax.

Exactly, user. You need to do the typical normie stuff so you can say, "I've been there too. Look at my cliche picture." This is how normal people form friendships.

Just find people that are interesting to you.

"Boring" is extremely relative, and trying to fit some preconceived notion of what people should be is just boxing yourself into being a living meme.

You bore yourself because you're only interested in yourself.

If you became interested in others you'd be less bored.

there is something to this. you can't think yourself better than the "normies" and "degenerates" and also simultaneously expect them to like you and find you funny/interesting.

you can't have your cake and eat it too.

want to be an elitist sperg? then stop also wanting the approval of all the others you now think yourself better than.

Disagree with people. They'll be challenged and find you interesting that way.

And since most people think the same thing, mainly what you hear in the media and in the mouth of politicians, have the opposite opinion and defend it. You'll find it easy too because what most people believe and what is constantly repeated by politicians makes no sense at all.

Take me, I have a negative view on ANYTHING a normal person considers a progress. I'm still working on things like medicine and surgery. Otherwise, I am the absolute reactionary and I can defend my stance in a way that'll at least make normal people think "at least he has a point".

Suicides always an option

It may very well be that you're not boring but the people you happen to interact with are generally not entertained and rapt in attention by what truly moves you.

The best thing is to not feel too disheartened about your dislocation and just continue pursuing whatever it is that interests you.

There are people who can speak hours upon hours about different types of chicken feed and somewhere out there, there's an audience for them. In the same vein, there are major blockbuster movies that you probably think are absolutely boring.

lol you sound so fucking draining to be around.

not only that but you are clueless. people aren't the complete idiots that you'd like to think them. they can innately apprehend past that specific disagreement in that moment to the greater realization that you are the kind of person who simply likes to pursue disagreement as a sport. everyday people can intuit the type of character that they are talking to in ways that you are too naive and arrogant to afford them.

Man, I was bored reading that.

How do you know? Have people told you that you're boring? Does everybody sigh when you enter a room?

Become wacky and C-R-A-Z-Y, like trevor from Grand Theft Auto V the video game by Rockstar North or the recent movie "Suicide Squad" starring Will Smith and fridge

I don't know, I don't have many friends and I can only assume that's why. Brother and sister say so as well, and sister even compared to the guy from notes from underground (she is literate too) which is horrible. I want to change that

To elaborate, I don't do "fun/interesting" stuff, I don't have any social media, I don't drink/do drugs (because my family has a history of mental illness, brother is schizophrenic, I don't want to trigger any illness I might have), I'm generally asocial. Pretty common for the most part but still not engaging to most.

You had a friend in the past that this post reminded you of, or even worse, there's someone in your life right now who you want to say this to. Faggot

I'm not the OP you were responding to but you're being a hypocrite here. Being a contrarian doesn't make you interesting by definition OP. Very frequently people will come to despise you.

And then there's you who responded to the autistic contrarian. You're trying too hard to sound intelligent. You're using those words correctly but you come off as a try-hard pretentious faggot. Sorry but that's just how it is. There's no shame in talking plainly.

youtube.com/watch?v=ipHcuh_1uVo

do exactly this. this is what the people want.

Find something you're interested in and pursue that. Be curious about the world and the people in it. Try not to give too many shits about what other people think of you. Boring is relative. What's more important than other people finding you boring is whether or not you bore yourself.

I'm really saddened by this. I can't give you any tips, but I hope you'll find a way.

>What's more important than other people finding you boring is whether or not you bore yourself.
This 100%

Most people dont even know what the fuck they want to do with their lives, so worry about yourself first.

>introvert even more

Great advice!

>You're trying too hard to sound intelligent.
..it was only a few sentences?
>You're using those words correctly
okay then?

and the sentiment behind my post is the complete opposite of try hard pretentiousness.

whatever you decree, spergking. go get 'em.

That has nothing to do with being an introvert if you actually read what I'm saying.

Besides, going up and talking to people does absolutely nothing if you already feel you're boring. The better thing to do is find what actually stimulates you and carry from there. The people will naturally fall in line.

Being an introvert and being "interesting" to other people is not mutually exclusive. Did you forget that you're on fucking Veeky Forums? Plenty of authors for example we're introverted as fuck yet people still find them interesting because of what they wrote. Hell I know there are plenty of musicians who get off on entertaining people on stage yet off stage are some of the most introverted recluses you will ever meet.

I understand the sentiment of your post and I apologize for coming off as a douche. All I'm saying is that sometimes when you're trying to connect to an audience you should tailor your speech to sound more colloquial. Of course write how you please but personally the way you write irritates the hell out of me.

i am not trying to connect to an audience.

i am shitposting on Veeky Forums.

Fair enough. It just sounds stilted is all.

Harness very superficial talents and qualities; compile them into something that you can list off upon first interaction and continue to ride. For example: pick up an instrument that makes you seem unique in some way, i.e violin/harp/piano/orchestra instrument. Mention what you write, if you do - women especially will fall into a deeper interest with you if you say that you write.

Other than that, try to find some fundamentally 'cool' activities to build upon that aren't entirely niche.

>Besides, going up and talking to people does absolutely nothing if you already feel you're boring.

That's true if you talk about yourself.

>I said introversion was bad.

Calm down.

shit, I don't know, but here's the little bit I do know

it helps to not be afraid of being ridiculous. drink a little more, talk a little more boldly, make crappy jokes and laugh at them, etc

a ridiculous person is much less boring than an introverted snob. you can't go through life afraid of looking like an idiot, because frankly, you are an idiot, and people can't love you for the idiot you are if they never get to know you

the next thing you need to learn to do is have fun wherever you are, and if it's really not possible, come up with a quick fix. if you act bored, you will bore people. wherever you are, that's the place to be. if it's really not, go somewhere else.

Oh lemme guess, let the other person ramble about themselves instead?

lol. Its all a fucking joke. Better to find people you can actually have a dialogue with on various interests - best if they require skill - but that cant happen until you find what stimulates you. Do that and you can talk shop all day with people on your level.

Thats how this thing works. It all starts with you and what you want.

>introvert even more
>Great advice!

In your comment you implied that being more introverted was detrimental to people finding someone interesting. Unless I read that wrong. Feel free to clarify your statement.

You mean I shouldn't start with someone who has no interests like mine?

Very insightful!

Thank you for giving me permission to clarify myself. I feel less bored now.

Because it demonstrated interest in me.

I'm not sure if you're even reading my posts, but you shouldn't be in such a hurry to make these passive-aggressive quips. Post something real and maybe we can have an actual conversation.

Well, you're not boring. I would say you're paranoid. That's worse.

best advice tee bee eich.

Round & Round we go

No, just you. I'm multi-tasking.

>wherever you are, that's the place to be.

I'm glad I could provide such a service to the trolls that lurk Veeky Forums in the wee hours. I'm not sure what you get out of these empty conversations but you're welcome.

Well, in your case, shitty (attempts) at writing.

>a ridiculous person is much less boring than an introverted snob. you can't go through life afraid of looking like an idiot, because frankly, you are an idiot, and people can't love you for the idiot you are if they never get to know you

Good line.

one of the better things ITT, but overall i just find the whole idea of "being interesting to others" distasteful

If you're just doing your own thing then you dont have to worry about that shit; dont be some fucking jester just because you want to feel liked. Let it actually be you.

Interesting Veeky Forums phenomenon:

Like a news story where a neglected toddler in a playpen highrise apartment watched cranes building outside, and moved his arms like them as a way of communicating. Of course it stunted his chance of getting on with the real world.

Same here. Veeky Forumserarians get into meme culture so much, they talk like memes and don't know any better.

kek you feel me

>sub-taking the bait

ya dun goofed

nothing wrong with laughing at a fool

Thank you. May I have another.

Can you two just fuck already

Does user like build a wall around himself? Why doesn't it work?

I legit thought he was the other user lol, i dont understand why he's just looking for fights like this

He finds me interesting. I find it interesting that he finds me interesting, even though he's not that interesting to me at all.

OP i think you came to the wrong board for that question. Just read every comment here, they are as clueless as you are. At least you are in tune with reality.

>on no. le disagree

That IS boring: conversational safety habits. yawn.

Very uninteresting, btw.

Honestly tho drink water, ask questions, be sincere, point to a picture of an enourmous soft serve ice cream cone and say 'that's hilarious, that's out of control', bring fruit and offer it out, don't show youtube videos off yr phone, listen to pop music once in a while (cultural literacy is an important part of being 'here' rn, also beyonce is hilarious and goes hard), read some neruda outloud by yourself, be honest about your experiences, understand that social fear is ubiquitously felt or whatever, leave early if u want, be honest but be nice

>cluelessly in tune with reality

Impossible. That's a coma, maybe.

>drink water

KEY.

>drink water
good advice in general but no so much socially unless you have problems with low energy

>don't show youtube videos off yr phone
yes, absolutely

>also beyonce is hilarious and goes hard
beyonce is a fake as fuck product and an insult to human dignity, plus her music hasn't been good for years

>read some neruda outloud by yourself
fuck off. read some Robert Burns out loud by yourself! or Shakespeare

>be honest about your experiences
can't 100% get behind this, sounds reckless

>leave early if u want
ideally don't, but don't stay if you'll be pissy

>be honest but be nice
And yet it's sometimes it's
". . . difficult to find
Words at once true and kind,
Or not untrue and not unkind."

Though this makes it no less necessary to do so.

It's good to remind people to drink water because they might forget.

you could say that about literally any of the thousand things that a person should do

btw don't forget to floss tonight bby

I like how the best advice in this thread is literally to drink water.

Thanks user

but even if it's always true and always helpful, it's not always the best advice

>Hey Veeky Forums it's the first anniversary of my wife's death, having a hard time coping... anyone have any advice? Any literature that helped you through a hard time?
>Here's some advice: drink more water. You're probably neglecting to do so and it's making your bad mood worse.

You're pretty boring, if you ask me.

You're like a virtual Ambien.

The best advice to not be boring is to drink water?

Guaranteed it won't change that unless you choke.

Committing suicide will make you interesting. Guaranteed.

At least you'll be hydrated.

Don't be this person
I used to be and people hate it
Just be yourself and listen to what people have to say and respond, if you disagree, in an understanding way
But be nice

lmao, so you become interesting after you are dead and people can fetichize you, really good stuff there

>tfw when user calls me pretty

A hydrated person doesn't interest others.

Note thread topic. Stay on course please.

>Everybody should be ___ way.

That's a stupid thought because it's never going to happen anyway.

Plus, everyone acting the same would be ... you guessed it, boring.

>fetichize

Interesting spelling, but people do tend to get interested when someone commits suicide. I thought you knew this.

Veeky Forums here

i used to visit Veeky Forums when i was an idiot

I just came back to see what is going on

you people are clueless

probably got laid because of pure naivete

you wouldn't last a second in a group of gopniks

enjoy your snobby groups while you can, they all grow out of it after 25+

>petty
>boring

crack that dictionary, user

>Veeky Forums here

I'm already bored wit you.