I never really been into mushrooms, which I think is a pity. How do we gently get me there?

I never really been into mushrooms, which I think is a pity. How do we gently get me there?

Buy a book or two... Go in a forest. .. Don't pick up, just look... If you found one you think is good talk it with you and show it to someone do knows... never eat a mushroom.if you are not 200% sure

pussy

Wanna get herpes?

pussy

where are you from? do you mean hunting them or eating them?

If from eastern north america and you want to hunt, look up the basics of finding these mushrooms. don't eat them until you're more sure about it than anything you've ever been sure about:
Spring: morels
Mid summer to early fall: chanterelles
Early to late fall: hen of the woods, black trumpets

There are plenty more out there to find. Get some good books, find something and try to identify it. it will get you familiar with identification and what grows where in your area

northern europe. so just outta season. we got places.. but people keep the good spots for themselves, not sharing.
1st I should probably buy some books.

>pussy
>dying after being poisoned by fucking mushrooms

That's the pussiest way to die, user.

Honestly I would suggest having it in something like an omelet or pasta. Hell, even hashbrowns if you lightly saute them. White button mushrooms are great. Then try them individually in the dish before.

Marinated mushrooms are fucking choice too, but that is probably too bit a leap if you already admitted you aren't a fan.

Try them incorporated in sauces/gravies. Beef Stroganoff is choice. Mushroom gravy with meatloaf and mashed potatoes is also good stuff.

Find random mushrooms and eat them.
They are all delicious.

>hunting for mushrooms
>not just buying them in a shop

Come to think about it how are mushrooms farmed?

Italians hit blocks in a warehouse.

why do cooked mushrooms taste like cum

in big cinderblock buildings that you can smell from anywhere in a several mile radius on certain days of the week. it's this really intense decay smell, but it lacks the burn of a sewage treatment plant so it's intense but tolerable while commuting.

source: i live near a mushroom grower.

You can grow your own. Get spores off the net, put them in a cool, sheltered area and spray with water regularly. Works really well with coffe grounds.

I like you.

If you're starting off go to a decent restaurant and get stuffed mushrooms. They're usually stuffed with enough seafood/sausage/cheese it can hide the mushroomy flavor. Maybe eat stuff with sauces or gravies that are flavored with mushrooms.

>talk it with you
Note to all mushrooms; don't let strange men talk you into following them out of the forest.

Simple, make it taste like something you like: Steak!

Grab a few large portobello mushrooms and marinade them in the following:

worcestershire sauce
soy sauce
teriyaki sauce
onion powder (or onion)
garlic powder (or garlic)
salt
pepper

Bake them. Pan fry. Grill. Either way, they come out tasting like steaks with an asian flare. Great way to introduce yourself into eating mushrooms. Many other methods attempt to amplify the earthiness of mushrooms. This recipe takes it in another direction by mimicking the taste of meat to fool the person eating it. This method of 'fake meat' is often highlighted in monasteries in the Easy where sects demand vegetarianism, but their followers can never forget the savory taste of meat. So for the sake of nostalgia they come up with recipes like this to attempt to re-capture those days when meat was plenty and bountiful. There's a word for this style of cooking and I wish I could remember what it was.

where can i find these the cheapest? i live in the southern states

Most grocery stores should have them, probably even Wallyworld. Portobello aren't really that exotic.

I finally got into Mushrooms by starting with Enoki Mushrooms at a hot pot place.

The weird for it is dumb. Giving up meat just to try and recreate it with something that isn't meat for spiritual purposes is cheating.

I don't know if that's real or not, or poisonous or not, but goddamn if that doesn't look delicious. Seriously looks like a honey dripped pastry.