Is it feasible to fry in water if the atmospheric pressure is altered...

Is it feasible to fry in water if the atmospheric pressure is altered? How compressed would the vessel have to be before it would work and would that pressure have effects on other elements in the vessel i.e. potato, meats, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_fryer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how is this different from using a pressure cooker?

According to the table.

Over 1000 PSI would be needed for the water to be able to heated to temperatures somewhat reflective of temperatures oil can reach at atomspheric pressures. I would imagine the pressure would have consequences on other matter in the pressurised compartment.

Basically I have a very general question. Is it possible to achieve the same cooking effects of deep frying without using oil?

>forgot table

oh, I didn't really understand how high the smoke points were for common cooking oils.

I shit in your mouth.

Water and oil are 'immiscible', meaning they don't mix.

Oil heated over boiling point of water cooks the potato like a frying pan that permeates every surface.

Super heated/pressurized water would mix with water in the potato and you wouldn't get fries; you get something else = probably something like a potato broth.

back @ you

Is there anyway that would be able to achieve the outer part of the fry? The crispy shell. I think the middle could be achieved by separating the cooking into two segments and slightly boil the potato in the first step (par boiling).

Just use oil and eat less you fucking lardass.
No, high-tech engineering won't make you lose weight, not stuffing your fat mouth will.

I avoid oil. But imagine if you could have obese people queuing up for healthier food enmasse.
You could have a much healthier society with less impact on the healthcare systems, etc.

Healthy food is a fucking meme you retarded lardass.
Eat fucking less.

If you fucking care about the fucking healthcare system, then advocating for the sterilisation of anyone using it would be the only fucking thing of value you would be doing in your fucking worthless life, since behaviour is fucking 100% genetic you fucking bitch.

>imagine if you could have obese people queuing up for healthier food enmasse
imagine.... just image the profits.... obese people are retarded afterall. Theyll surely slop up my nasty potato broth if I tell them its healthy and 'oil-free'.

Do you guys represent Big Oil or something? Just let us discuss oil-free solutions.

>Healthy food is a fucking meme
>there are people who actually believe that
wew
lad

Eat fucking diverse nutrients.
Don't eat more fucking calories than you fucking spend.
Good job, you're eating fucking "healthy" you bloody dimwitted QUEER.

>Eat fucking diverse nutrients.
How is that not healthy?

YOU DON'T GET THE FUCKING POINT YOU FUCKING FRUIT
There's no fucking healthy food, there's only fucking healthy fucking diets.
You could eat fucking pure lard directly, as long as the quantity is not enormous and it's paired for fruits and vegetables and the cum leaking from the public toilet called your mother, you'd eat fucking "healthy".

You BITCH.

>implying fructose doesn't inhibit the production of leptin
wew
keep drinking the sugary jew

Why are you so angry?
Must be that healthy lard diet

Eat a fruit you google.

>Just let us discuss oil-free solutions.
Why fix something that isn't broken? People have used oils to cook for thousands of years because it fucking works.

Wait, drink ?
WHY WOULD YOU FUCKING DRINK ANYTHING BUT WATER YOU COMPLETE RETARD

>implying fructose is only in drinks anyway

>hurr durr there's no such thing as unealthy food
>OH MY GOD WHY DO YOU EATH UNEALTHY FOOD RREEEEEE
At least we know you're not retarded.

>chips

but it would get wet. soggy fries

>pure lard is healthy food
thanks murrica! that changes everything

Answer is no because you need the water in the food to boil out, plus when you eventually lower the temp and pressure to retrieve the food, the food will get soggy.

Americans don't use lard, they use vegetables oils.

>americans using lard
Ironically the land of meat hates naturally saturated fats

>not frying your chips in animal oils
what a waste
beef oil chips are the fucking best

Peanut oil fries are superior

Sounds like it would be disgusting.

If you want to avoid oil, pretty much everything you deep fry you can just put in the oven instead.

im going to patent this before you user

>Basically I have a very general question. Is it possible to achieve the same cooking effects of deep frying without using oil?

There's air friers.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_fryer

>An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air around the food.[1] A mechanical fan circulates the hot air around the food at high speed, cooking the food and producing a crispy layer thanks to the Maillard effect.

>By circulating air up to 200 Celsius or 392 degrees fahrenheit this appliance fries several foods like potato chips, chicken, fish or pastries

Water and oil are 'invinsible' meaning the dont mix.

Oil heated over the boiling point of water socks the patato with a frying pan that is permeable to all the surfaces.

Superheated/pressurized water would mix with water in the fries and you wouldnt need a potato. You get something else = probly like a potato clam chowder

stfu, you

I agree with you to some extent. Obviously, this overly-zealous post (which is going for funny factor) aside, the truth is that everything is about dosage. A tiny amount of fructose, which is totally a poison your body shits around with, won't do much. But the amount that keeps you healthy is so low that it warrants getting rid of entirely. There just are foods like that. Were the amount that is not harmful is so low you might as well cut it out of your diet. I'd say fructose is one of those according to the science.

how can natural sugars present in fruits be a poison ? the problem with americans and their fat asses is that they eat high fat and high carb foods at the same time . body can't easily utilize carbs and fats in large quantities simultaneously without increasing insulin and causing inflammation so you get insulin resistance and diabetes in the long term

Dude, stop. Please. I'd say you're embarrassing yourself but we're anonymous. At least try to have some restraint and don't take advantage of the bullshit asymmetry principle. Fuctose is indeed inside fruits, but so is fiber. Fiber naturally counter-acts the negative effects of the fuctose. It's just a happy accident that fruits have both and work out for us.

Also please stop the "natural fallacy". Not everything natural is good for you. It's well-documented in those weird vegetarian communities that if you take the "all you want fruit diet" challenge, you will gain a ton of weight because even though there's fiber in them, there's enough fructose at high doses to be unhealthy. So yes, even with fruits you need to keep consumption under control. Stop, for your own sake, this black and white view of everything instead of trying to ask questions, try a parts explosion and research more.