Who are the modern big names? Which modern scientists will still be famous centuries from now just like Einstein...

Who are the modern big names? Which modern scientists will still be famous centuries from now just like Einstein, Gauss and Neil Degrasse Tyson?

Alcubierre

Ndt
Nye
Obama

Hawking
Penrose

Me, for eventual advancements in lossless information compression.

Ed Witten

I'ld put some money on Alain Connes and Pierre Deligne.

Terence Tao.
Andrew Wiles

>Alain Connes
Literally who.
Nice try frog.

This.

>american brainlets keep fapping to their string bullshit and don't know about noncommutative geometry
aylmao

>String theory.
>Science.
>Relevant.

Me

Baez, Abramsky & Coecke

Are you talking about John Baez ? Because I know for a fact that in most of European universities where he did a talk about "Operads and the Tree of Life" he was laughed out and was not taken seriously.

Outside of that he is really good.

Jacob Barnett
Elizabeth Holmes
Stephen Hawking
Bill Nye
Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Carl Sagan
Elon Musk

Some discredited guy researching a subject everyone takes as a joke

>scientists

>elon musk
Get out

Unless string theory is invalidated...

Bill Nye

Mochizuki

The scent of centuries

these + Perelmeme

nice b8 m8

My penis is the best scientist of the era.

Just because you don't want something to happen doesn't mean it's not going to.

Scientists only remain relevant in history through education and they only enter into education curriculums if they discover, prove or theorise something.

So no, the black science guy will not be remembered and neither will most of the meme TV scientists. Hawking will be though.

I think it's time for a another Einstein or a Newton, or a Galileo... A genuine renaissance man, that's what we need. Somebody to ruffle some feathers and stir the pot. I'm tired of this string theory masturbatory bullshit. P-branes, my ass. I'm sick of the standard model's beauty to 30 decimal places. Give me something fresh, something new. Give me a new fucking branch of mathematics. Turn the heat up and really start cooking with gas! Science is yesterday's bagel.

Watson and Crick

>I'ld put some money
there is no wagering on Veeky Forums, Grandpa

> Which modern scientists will still be famous centuries from now just like Einstein, Gauss and Neil Degrasse Tyson?
>Neil Degrasse Tyson

R8 8/8, gr8 b8 m8.

So a memeologist on /pol/?
If so cool, that may be me!

>scientists

>Bill Nye the Engineering Bsc Guy
Get out

>Perelmeme
What did he do outside of solving a stupid problem?

me.

Most all of science discoveries, that will actually affect humanity, have already been made. The next big names for history won't be scientists, but instead will be engineers.

/thread