Tfw get a 20 year-old cast iron skillet from grandparents

>tfw get a 20 year-old cast iron skillet from grandparents

It's been used so much it's smoother than a mirror. Absolutely based grandpa cooked eggs and bacon on it every morning, and grandma made all sorts of shit with it for both supper and dinner.

Also I got a cast iron roasting pan that looks pretty new. Wtf do I make with it? Never been a fan of roast chicken.

maybe some pork loin?

Corn bread, beans and ham.

Bacon and egg. Grampa had the right idea.

>tfw my Mom sold my grandmother's cast iron in a garage sale
>tfw she made probably 3 tons of bacon in it in her lifetime

I am truly sorry for your loss

Make some roasted char siu pork, shit's good with stir fried veggies and rice or noodles.

You can also make bbq pork buns with the leftovers.

>tfw the last of my grandmothers died some days ago
Gonna raid that kitchen before my greedy uncles get their way

>tfw my grandmother promised me all her cooking shit when she dies

plz dont die gram gram

YOUR GRANDMOTHER WILL DIE AND ALL HER RECIPES WILL VANISH UNLESS YOU POST

"Cook tight, Grandma"

IGNORING WILL BRING 7 YEARS OF BURNT FOOD.

This guy knows.

>tfw grandma was a great (albeit rather filthy) cook
>just got into cooking myself recently
>went to see her, gave me a couple of tips but she doesn't really work in recipes
>now she's fucking dead
lazy cunt fuck your cakes

>bought a 12" cast iron pan as a family Christmas present a couple years ago
>nobody really used it because we couldn't get the hang of cleaning it so it sat for a year or so
>I finally decided to start using it since it wasn't doing any good sitting in the cupboard
>now I have a decent season on it and stuff rarely sticks

I have embraced the Fe.

>implying grandma uses recipes

Roast chicken
Roast turkey
Roast goose
Roast hen
Roast duck
Roast pork
Roast beef

>he doesn't get the recipe box that grandma has memorized over 50 years

Have fun making shit chicken and dumplings.

>grandpa cooked bacon and eggs every morning

Shepherd's pie

Bruschetta, roast beef, ham, can be used to pan fry eggplant or smaller vegetables in bulk

Grandma used to make me help her with cooking and such. Even making a bloody brick oven for pizza and things with just basic materials and vodka.
God I miss her. Her cooking was better than most high end restaurants that good actual tasty food instead of garbage you pay 13x for because it was made there.

yfw user throws it in the dishwasher by mistake

Don't worry, I let it soak overnight in Dawn detergent before I put it in there ;^)

My grandma already taught me the most important technique for good cooking.

Taste shit while you're making it.

>Cook with cast iron pan for a year
>It gets a decent seasoning, although I never treated it properly so it was basically just good enough to cook eggs
>Leave it with my parents for 4 months because I move and can't take it on the plane or in my luggage
>Come back and it's all gray
>Feel like I abandoned a child
>Currently in the process of re-seasoning now.

I have a newfound appreciation for this pan. One time I even took it to a show-and-tell for one of my college groups because it was the pan I used when first learning to cook and be independent.

She already lost her sense of taste and her soups suffer. Everything else is alright but my mom perfected her recipes.

Cook tight, Grandma.
[spoiler]
"Cook tight, Grandma" [/spoiler]

She makes a FUCKING DELICIOUS Pierogies plate.

what kind of heartless soulless bitch of a mom do you have?

My family cooks everything in a cast iron skillet. Everything. Including things like tuna helper or spanish rice. And washes it in a sink with hot soap water.

It has no seasoning or nonstick surface at all. I worry about the health consequences.

I have three cast iron skillets. One is 8 inches in diameter or thereabouts, and fried eggs slide around in it like a brand new teflon skillet. I probably shouldn't eat fried eggs every morning, but it takes no time at all.

I add a dab of butter, and light the stove. Put it on medium-low. Just as the butter starts to sizzle, crack in an egg. Turn the heat up until the egg starts to bubble, then flip it, and do the other side just to set any remaining white. Add a piece of bread to soak up the butter, and breakfast is served. Perfectly over-easy eggs and toast.

I rinse it out with warm water just to remove debris, and then put it back on the burner to boil off the water and burn any remaining fat. The seasoning on that thing is priceless.

Cook tight, Grandma

I know you're gone, but cook tight, grandma.

please do not fuck that up. you cant buy something like that, so dont go soaking it in soapy water after frying up some chicken

My grandma raised 6 kids, she didn't have time to cook well.

My other grandma got shock therapy and hardcore barbituates in the 50s for depression and was too mentally fucked up to cook much of anything.

>show and tell
>college

>bing bing
>Go ahead, user.
>"Why are most millenials living under crippling student loan debt?"
>Judges say that's correct, congratulations!
>Thanks, Alex!

I agree it was silly. It wasn't for a class at least, and it was before the semester even started.