ITT: times Ramsay was wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d5h2MNgjH-Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dreadful

>it's like someone's been sick on my plate

Do Americans really do this?

youtube.com/watch?v=d5h2MNgjH-Q

The pizza was undercooked, it looks good but the moment you'd bite into it you'd know.

Anyone who legitimately thinks that pizza looked good is obese.
Not "likely" obese. Not "probably" obese. Straight up obese. You're fat.
Lose weight, you disgusting fat fucks.

The toppings came straight off the fucking dough
That """pizza""" was inexcusable

Wasn't that supposed to be "thin crust" pizza?

It looks edible, but it wasn't what he ordered at all.

it was

You can tell the dough didn't have a chance to sit, which is why it cooked off all puffy. They probably rolled that dough strait out of a mixer which is a huge mistake.

Of course it's never addressed in the show, because Ramsay shows are all about yelling loud and terrible cooks.

Why do people defend this pizza? I've had digiornos frozen pizzas that looked more appetizing, that massive puffy crust and greasy looking cheese is not a sign of a good pizza

Your argument is thin and flawed

I think you're supposed to cut the crust where the toppings meet it and roll it into itself and eat it like a burrito. Some really next level thinking from the chef and sad that Gordon can't grasp that

His knife info is totally off, honing rods are almost useless. The argument for realigning the edge doesn't hold up to scrutiny because a stropping on a piece of newspaper does a better job.

His steak video is off too. Pan frying is a terrible way to make steak. Oil will splatter everywhere, the outside will get tough and rubbery, and the inside will barely get cooked. A grill produces vastly superior results. If you don't have a grill, a broiler is almost is as good.

>make a meatloaf sandwich
>call it a burger
I hate brits for many reasons

You're right about the steak bit. I don't know why you'd fry a steak if you're preparing JUST steak. That's why you sear it at high heat. If you want it done well on the outside.

>when anonymous fuckwits think they know better than a guy who has been a chef for decades and owns multiple michelin star restaurants and made millions off his cooking

>Ramsay shows are all about yelling loud and terrible cooks.

Ramsay *Burgerclap* shows.

In the UK version he'd have shown the guy how to make a pizza base and why it's important to rest the dough, with examples.

>said the skinnyfat faggot

Gordon calm down

he usually only pan fries thin steak
which is fine if you're a good quality piece of meat

>Pan frying steak
>the outside will get tough and rubbery
Have never once had that happen to me and I exclusively pan-fry

look at the comments on that vid. specifically the responses to people criticizing the burger. it's ridiculous. apparently you have to be a world famous chef to make a good burger

He's a psychopath.

this.

>brit

how do you get tough and rubbery outside if you panfry it? i've never managed to do that

Why would stropping on newspaper negate the argument for realigning the edge on a rod? There is a difference between edge conditions and what effect is desired. If you're looking to polish an edge that is in decent enough condition to take a polish, of course stropping on some paper will work better. It also depends on what people mean by "realigning the edge". If they're talking about a poor edge that has a burr and they're not seeking to remove the burr, a course edge that they aren't seeking to refine, or slightly rolled edges, there is an argument to be made.
Most rods will polish an edge to some degree, but of course there are better materials for that.

That grey band area is much thicker on pan fried steaks. I've made a lot of steaks and noticed this every single time. Then again, I've used cast iron and thick SS. It's possible the rubber effect wouldn't be as pronounced if you used a thin pan but in that case, you would run into problems with getting the pan hot enough. I haven't cared to experiment with a thin pan because it would be a trade off at best, and does nothing to solve the other two glaring issues. What I can say is that my theory on why pan frying makes it more rubbery is that 1. the heat isn't just from the surface of the pan, there is a significant amount of conductivity and or radiation. This is a great thing for something like pancakes, try comparing pancakes made in a thick pan vs a thin one, there's a world of difference. This is bad for steak because you only want the surface to be browned. 2. water is terrible for sears, as steak cooks, water is released, if your steak is in a pan, all that water pools. This then means a longer cooking time for the same level of sear and the surface being overcooked.

Stropping aligns the edge just as well, probably better than a steel. Newspaper is virtually free, and you get that polish as a bonus. Steel is useless. Public service announcement for anyone who goes and and tries this, make sure your newspaper is wrapped around something flat and solid like a book. Make sure there is no give in the paper. Try to strop at the angle of the edge. raise that angle a hair for your last few strops and use no pressure, just the weight of the knife

He learnt to cook from classically trained french chefs. I bet that's how they used to make burgers.

>Wasn't that supposed to be "thin crust" pizza?

If your steak has grey edges when you pan fry, you A) aren't turning it enough and B) aren't basting it enough. That said pan sear then finish in the oven is definitely top steak technique.

?

i would reach back as far as i could and pimp slap that pizza

Americans don't know how to make pizza.

>Calling a cheese and sauce pie a pizza

Oh Chicago...

Some ranch would have made the pizza better.

I call it shit.

It looks like something a specially educated child would make if you vaguely described what a pizza is.

If you want to know what it feels like to crave this shit, go on a cutting diet for 3 months. You'll watch this and be drooling out of every pore like I am.

>Gordon doesn't know how to hold a slice of good pizza and just lets it slide off the crust.

ramsay only puts on this character for amerifat dellybision