What is the intellectual equivalent of surviving a fucking plane crash in the Andes mountain...

What is the intellectual equivalent of surviving a fucking plane crash in the Andes mountain? _______ is top of the food chain stuff.

When you get straight As in undergrad until you hit the junior year classes and burn out like a fucking plane into a fucking mountain.

susskind level education

Picking a Ph.D thesis in anything besides gender studies.

Multiple long term health problems, type 2 trigeminal neuralgia, and severe anxiety, yet still getting shit done better than the average person.

Tracing a path through that mess and dealing with that kind of overhead, is real intellectual survival.

I have severe anxiety. I had a presentation and the only person in the audience was the professor and I was still shaking. It was just Thermo 1 too.

To be honest a Ph.D. thesis in gender studies must be hard as fuck. Imagine all the bullshit you would have to come up with, it would burn my brain out.

TDKR

word

Shit is hell. My mind used to lock down, I couldn't think, and at worst my vision would go dark and I'd become disoriented and have vertigo.

Rather blow my fucking brains out than ever experience that again. Not worth living.

Going here for undergrad

Protip: don't do it

I know what you mean. I have adapted to speak clearly, but I go blind and I shake.

I actually enjoy it, that's what life is like. You can't expect what will happen to you, so just keep adapting until you can overcome.

Im transferring here for EE. What didnt you like about it

Have you already been accepted into the major, or just into the school?

Neither, but my grades are excellent and id be surprised if i was turned away. Ill be applying soon

From community college I'm assuming?

You may have been able to skirt around a lot of the academic hunger games BS for your first two years, but they turn down most applications below a 3.8, and even 4.0's when they come from different institutions. The result is that it's overrun with foreign chinese kids that just cheat their way in.

I figured as much. My girlfriend recently graduated from UW's chemical engineering program and complained regularly about the absurd asian population on campus. I've got a 3.9 so far, 4.0 in everything math/engineering related. I hope i dont get turned down for being white and male

also yeah, OC in Bremerton

>severe anxiety

Presentations and team work are fucking hell with that problem.

So depending on how opposed you are to relocating slightly, WSU has a new engineering campus in Everett that's doing some really crazy stuff. They've been beating all these Ivy League schools at various engineering competitions and the stuff that the students are making is absolutely insane. Right now one of the projects the students are working on is their own self driving car implementation. Class sizes are 30 tops and they have a really nice new building set to open next year. They're also setting up a lot of research labs, which I'm involved in.

If UW shuts me down I'm thinking of going to WSU's new EE program on OC campus. I'm a little worried about doing that because its just starting this year though. Might be a shitshow