When's the last time you had a nice, rich, relaxing breakfast of Eggs Benedict (or a variation of Eggs Benedict)?

When's the last time you had a nice, rich, relaxing breakfast of Eggs Benedict (or a variation of Eggs Benedict)?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eVgmI-YF16g#t=120
seriouseats.com/2014/06/the-food-lab-how-to-make-foolproof-eggs-benedict.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

December 29, 2014
I remember because we went to Banff on dec 28, then had benny for breakfast the next day

Sunday

Best breakfast.

As soon as I glaze the ham for this Christmas, so maybe within the week?

You have any tips for the hollandaise

Probably 3 years ago, before I realized it was unhealthy and disgusting to eat animal flesh and period.

Watch it like a fucking hawk. Bring the water in the bain marie to the boil, then throw it to the simmer. Depending on how much you're making it should only take about 3-5 mins with constant stirring.

I actually made some yesterday. I used regular thick sliced bacon instead of Canadian bacon still was 10/10. It's my favorite breakfast.

and what do you season it with?
I usually throw in some rosemary, garlic and sometimes a few drops of truffle oil.

what's your recipe for making those taters, OP?

Every morning my mema makes biscuits, bacon, scrambled eggs, and a cup of black coffee.

Does it look like OP is at home, you idiots?

What does Veeky Forums think of this technique for making Hollandaise?
youtu.be/eVgmI-YF16g#t=120

The hollandaise or the dish? The hollandaise doesn't need any seasoning if you do it right. To finish off the actual dish eggs go great with paprika and basil.

>using old hollandaise methods

step up sempai

seriouseats.com/2014/06/the-food-lab-how-to-make-foolproof-eggs-benedict.html

Mum makes eggs benny every so often and I don't even have to spend any gbp to eat it.

That's the same technique as mentioned here , if you want to see it in video form.

Have you done it yourself?

calling him up right now to find out

other anonon but yeah, it works perfectly, you only gotta mind the temperature of your butter

Double boil it to get it nice and hot without burning, perhaps?

seriouseats names a temperature if i remember correctly, so its easy for anyone with a thermometer.
If no thermometer butter is good when its all liquid and the milksolids seperated at the bottom, itll be np if you have it on low heat, o just fucked it up once because my butter was way too hot, did it at least 6 times after that without any problems and without taking temperature.

Fucking reddit garbage

You guys are making it wayyyy more complicated than it needs to be.

>1 egg yolk
>3tbsp of (high quality) butter
>Salt
>1tbsp of water
>Whatever else you want for flava

Cube the butter, throw it and all other ingredients into a bowl over simmering water, whisk until combined and the proper thickness is achieved. You'll never fuck it up. Pic related is my very first attempt I've made it like 10 times since and it's perfect every time.

Fucking this.
It's not rocket science, people.

Dijon will help it from separating, my restaurants hollandaise lasts for an ungodly amount of time

For you

My brother made eggs Benedict a few weeks ago. It was good but I didn't really like the hollandaise, the hash browns he made were cold and weren't cooked all the way through and he used nasty slime ham.

THE MORNING OF DECEMBER 2ND IN VEGAS AFTER AN ALL NIGHT BENDER. IT SAVED MY LIFE.

Eggs are absolutely terrible for you

Cholesterol and saturated fat bombs, with way much more choline and methionine than you need. Not even that nutritionally dense, American Agricultural Board can't even say they're nutritious

Very unhealthy

>(((American Agricultural Board)))

faggot

The exact same board that is supposed to advertise the shit out of and make eggs look as good as possible

They literally were not even allowed to let advertisers say eggs were nutritious

Sorry, (((Egg Council)))

You like sucking eggs bitch, shut up

>Tastes amazing
>Kills me sooner

Where's the problem, senpai?

I care about you