Which social science major is the most useful? Which is the least? Which is the hardest major and which is the easiest?

Which social science major is the most useful? Which is the least? Which is the hardest major and which is the easiest?

And........According to you, which STEM major is the most useful and which is the least useful?

>Most useful
Engineering

>Least
On the grand scale, physics

>Hardest
Probably physics

>Easiest
Biology

Physics?! But then again I knew sci would be candid.

>Which social science major is the most useful?
Philosophy combined with a STEM major is literal god tier. If you search up surveys, Philosophy combined with other majors in STEM or business, is highly valued.
>Which is the least?
Sociology
>Which is the hardest major
Depends on the department, but abstractly I'd say that a good Philo department would be hard if you don't have an intuitive grasp of the fringes of language.
>and which is the easiest?
Communications/gender/race studies

>According to you, which STEM major is the most useful
Nuclear/Aerospace engineering are in high demand and small supply.

>and which is the least useful?
Biology B.S. is uselss.

How is gender and race studies easy?

Not him but:
>Are you a social justice warrior?
>Do you like tumblr?

Then class will be easyour and enjoyable. Just write all your SJW philosophy and you are guaranteed a 10.
However, if you are a normal human or moderately conservative, it will be the most stupid thing ever.
Moreover, it has very few applications.

>Few applications
>Normal human

So social inequality is acceptable?

>Most
>Engineering
>Least
>On the grand scale, physics
What?

Thread fucking derailed within 10 minutes. Nice job fucking retards.

yes. it follows from the fact that people are not equal

Depending on your philosophic inclination. But there many systems (most which are as old as time) that explicitly state that social inequality is natural and should be embrace. There's more scientific and stronger arguments to support these systems than modern liberal systems promoting social equality. Hell, classic liberalism didn't even promote the idea that everyone is equal, but that people should be given equal opportunities and later their natural aptitudes and talents, will balance everything out. After, the whole point of the free market, is that some will fail and others will succeed naturally.

>most useful
Economics

>Least
History

>Hardest
Philosophy

>Easiest
Economics

The problem is that gender/race/something studies does not focus on creating a new, egalitarian world.
Rather, they focus on blaming certain parts of the population and how they have oppressed us for centuries.
>Spoiler alert: It is white males, it is always them

But what if it's not based on aptitude and intelligence, that's the point of social justice.

So you're actually telling me that history is useless and quantitative economics is easy?

So you're trying to tell me that all economics is easy and all history is irrelevant?

This except Psychology is more useful to society.

Who said Psychology is useless?

Cognitive Psychology is in high demand for UI designers, and to shill junk to people.

Philosophy, esp logic translates to math and computer science easily.

History is sought after for government positions in the diplomatic core, for 'international business' majors and anything requiring thorough background of a region so you can shill junk to them to buy.

Economics you can teach yourself, just get a math degree and on the weekend learn finance by looking at any university calendar and getting the recommended books. The hard part is figuring out derivatives (stochastic calc) and other quant like trading math.

Honestly though, physics is unnessarily hard with barely any payoff.

Engineering or bust desu

For any stem planning on grad school or research in general, history of science double major/minor is crazy useful. You will learn how to trudge through hundreds of articles and you will like it

>aerospace
Fuck off, we're FULL

>Nuclear/Aerospace as most useful
lolno. Both industries are stupidly competitive and the majors leave you totally pigeonholed. The only engineering discipline with a worse job market is biomedical and that is only because it is so new.

Yes.

I think econ falls into both the most useful but hardest social-science. It's pretty much a real, mathematical science that studies trends affected by human behavior. Least useful would probably be a minority-studies program of some kind, probably the easiest as well.

In terms of STEM, it's a more difficult question to answer in terms of what's the most useful. Engineering is practical in the sense that there is always a need for engineers, but that logic could also be applied to something like chemistry/biochemistry, as the drug-market is gigantic and there's always RnD going on with liberal funding.

>heh an independent free-thinking intellectual such as myself will never be exploited from higher forces off the basis of wealth or a rigged legal system
>the weak should fear the strong... like me.
>humans deserve to be reduced to purely material parts and ruled over by philosopher kings who know the best for EVERYONE!
agreed

I thought Civil had the worst market?

I thought psychologists had the worst job market?

Civil is alot like Petroleum in that it experiences booms and busts.

its booming right now.

I also was told biological was bad, or was it biomedical engineering?

Biomedical is one of those things that pays bank, but its really competitive. like don't even bother unless you plan on getting a masters.

i don't know much about biology.

Jesus Christ almighty! Is there any engineering field that isn't competitive.

Not him but it depends on your level of education. Bachelor's is complete shit, masters is also pretty bad but the PhD level jobs are decently avaible with a six figure salary especially for neuropsychologist and clinical psychologist overall. The biggest advantage is that the jobs themselves have a very high satisfaction rate.

I don't know about job prospects, but a lot of electrical and mechanical students are pretty shit so it's not hard to be above average.

How can one be a shit electrician and not get shocked?

A bachelors with exposure to cognitive psy combined with some kind of minimal technical skill will definitely land you a high paying job in sillicon valley designing UX/UI. In fact UI/UX designers with proven track records (having designed successful products) are usually paid the most since they all believe that your interface and 'experience' decides if the customer will give you money or not.

A PhD in psych will get you a job at Google or Apple designing marketing campaigns that manipulate plebs into buying their latest junk or SaaS. Also analyzing customer behavior data, to predict when the best time to shill them junk is, ect ect.

A lot of EEs don't work hands on with 120 VAC. Hell a lot don't even work hands on with physical circuits. Besides, 120 VAC isn't as dangerous as most people think. It can kill you, but it probably won't.

Anyone else?

No.