Hey Veeky Forums, I recently found out about the flat earth conspiracy...

Hey Veeky Forums, I recently found out about the flat earth conspiracy, what do you guys think of these little memes they made?

testingtheglobe.com/quest2.html

whotfetw.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Flat-Earth-Meme-07.jpg

encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBdWKGgKj6AH7zCmLIfmMzadgLNdQyf34IfiFc5s3jJhBP_ZuG

flatearthscienceandbible.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/img_0478.jpg?w=768

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=psbNIyxgRQQ
csicop.org/specialarticles/show/nope_it_was_always_already_wrong
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

what could prevent that smokestack from doing such a thing?

>memes
How come /pol/esmokers don't know what memes are? They are literally worse than 9gag.

...that they're wrong? I don't know how you can come onto the science board and honestly expect anyone to agree with the flat earth conspiracy. This was proven centuries ago with shadows and basic math.

I like the flat earth theory. The effort ot requires to sustain alone exhibits an unusual dedication to trolling and mischievous behavior. The fact that it can even exist at all in an age where you can use a space camera to record yourself flying in a machine near the surface of a giant globe is so incredibly defiant to basic notions of testability, empiricism, whatever you call the act of using your actual senses in the world to verify teuths thereof, that again, it's the pinnacle of trolling. It's overall a neat sociological phenomenon.

These things don't surprise me anymore

I went to a very rich highschool in MA. Kids there got high SAT scores, went to good colleges, etc

There, I met people who thought we currently had a manned moon base, people who thought the landings were faked, people who thought the moon and sun were the same size, people who thought that a meter and 3feet were interchangeable, and people who thought lightening and thunder were totally separate things

There are idiots everywhere

>people who thought that a meter and 3feet were interchangeable

That one's true though as long as you're not being an autist about muh .28.

We were talking about poems though

I'm not kidding

Most conspiracies are true
>There are idiots everywhere
And what if they are right?

Tell me, what is the best way to make truth unbelievable and stupid?
Hint: Make them look like crazy schizo faggots

>I recently found out about the flat earth conspiracy
No, you didn't.
You've been pushing this nonsense for years.

>We were talking about poems though
>I'm not kidding
What rhymes with meter?

There once was a man named Peter,
whose dick was as long as three feet.
He gave it a pinch,
and it grew two and a half centimeters.
And: oh yeah, I fucked your mother.

>Most conspiracies are true
Gigity.

>what is the best way to make truth unbelievable and stupid?
And who's motivated to do this?

sage in all fields, the best thing about this thread is my poem.

youtube.com/watch?v=psbNIyxgRQQ

>It's overall a neat sociological phenomenon.

In the sincere believer it's a great proof of the Dunning - Kruger effect in action

>Tell me, what is the best way to make truth unbelievable and stupid?
>Hint: Make them look like crazy schizo faggots
This is 100% true no matter what you believe.

Crowd psychology created extremely powerful tools. Veeky Forums dismisses psychology and sociology constantly, blissfully unaware that their application is what made most aspects of the modern world. Divide and conquer is an ancient example of primitive crowd dynamics on a mass scale, still very well in use today.

The term "conspiracy theorist" was seeded into the collective public dialogue by the CIA following the Kennedy assassination. Now you must only utter the phrase, and eventually, they will all bow. "Be my useful idiot, liberal class. Would you kindly?"

Yes, and tinfoil hats were invented by the Illuminati to hide its existence.

csicop.org/specialarticles/show/nope_it_was_always_already_wrong

If the Earth is flat how come the theorists haven't found the edge yet

>That one's true though as long as you're not being an autist about muh .28.

the flat earthers think there's a massive ice wall in the deepest part of antarctica that stretches all the way around the earth.

It's being blocked by a massive line of NASA astronauts

Well, its obvious that the people who wrote the dictionary were part of the conspiracy. The plot thickens.

They haven't gone to /b/ yet