Monthly reminder to stop neglecting your eyesight and get contact lenses...

Monthly reminder to stop neglecting your eyesight and get contact lenses. It's one of the biggest life improvements you can make. You are probably not aware just how bad your eyes are because you got used to it.
Do it.
The first week of wearing them sucks, just wait it out.
- Reddit spacing -
For extreme autists, the place you get them is called an optometrist.

Attached: contact-lenses-500x500.jpg (500x333, 14K)

I do, they're a pain in the ass. They get dry as fuck when I'm driving or on the computer. I want to get lasik

>restricting airflow to your cornea
Are you fucking retarded? True Chads wear glasses when needed and take them off when not needed.

Get laser eye. Its even better. I had it done after wearing contacts, and now my eyesight is godlike eagle tier. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Well worth the money

Lasik master race reporting in

Contacts are for soyboys. Glasses are much better.

contact lenses fuck up your eyes, the pharma company puts chemicals in them and when they touch your eyes it makes them worse over time making you buy more contact lenses....

>Not wearing rigid gas permeable

Not going to make it

True chads get lasik. My vision went from 20/400 to 20/15 (better than 20/20)

Had minor rainbow vision in one eye but it went away after a few months

how much?

$3000 USD

Look at the after effects of Lasik surgery on the cornea, the pictures are online - find the high magnification ones. Todays lasers are way better than the ones ten or twenty years ago but still not perfect. Lasik is a last resort

>not wearing ultra breathable lenses

Attached: AIR_OPTIX_NIGHTANDDAY_AQUA_Box.png (624x602, 211K)

eye doc here. its a good idea, but whatever. its your vision

if contacts make your eyes dry lasik will make them feel like a goddamn sand dune

yes but dont sleep in them. or get a better lens retard

nice i support lasik for the right candidate but its not for everyone. i would say about 50% of people only considering age

technically yes but whatever its your choice

ur retarded. and your Rx influencing genetics sound rearded too

those are uncomfortable as fuck unless you have keratoconous. in which case get a scleral lens fucker.

night and days are old as fuck. dalies total 1 are where its at along with acvue vita

this guy gets it. wouldn't call it a last resort tho. if you got the money and fit the parameters go for it

Can you recommend a good toric lens that doesn't turn around in your eye?

this. contacts lower test and keep you soy-ed. glasses are best choice if you are a cripple. plus people automatically think you are 10% smarter just from wearing glasses.

depends on your corneal curve. B/L ultra torics generally fit tighter making rotation less of an issue but from my experience its less comfortable and the quality of vision is not as good as the others even with the same Rx

if its because your Rx is higher Biofinity XR toric has worked well for me but they tend to be 50 bucks more expensive depending on where you go

The market isn’t bottoming out. The stock market has been at all-time highs, and still is. The crypto market, on the other hand, is bottoming out because everyone is realizing that every cryptocurrency is more useless than the next. FOMO was the only thing that soared the prices, but that’s gone now. People realized that they weren’t missing out on anything. If you’re planning on making money in the crypto world, good luck! You’re going to need it.

Yes, don't try to look "cool" by not wearing your glasses and straining your eyes to see. It will just make it worse. Wear eye contacts if you don't want to wear glasses

Thanks a lot, I'll check out both of them

no they don't. no they aren't. and no most don't. athletes wear contacts. every soy boy ive examined wanted thick rimed square glasses and are too pussy to touch their finger to their eye

wont make them worse per se. your prescription is what it is and mostly genetic factors are what determines when it moves. the only condition that makes you more nearsighted is reading and near work in high prolonged periods of time (years). this is called adult onset myopia seen in people around the 20-25 range. it levels off usually until about 40. but generally squinting and eyestrain will only give you a headache and make your lid muscle sore (obicularious oculi not the orbital recti)

hey eye doc what about the prk or methods other than lasik. i've thought about it but i read so many eye docs don't like it and i am creeped out by lasering out a chunk of my eyeball.

i'm probably not going to do it anyway, just wanted to hear your own opinion

What's the path to becoming an eye doctor by the way? It seems like a very interesting job.

My vision is perfectly fine. Get fucked eyelets

it ALWAYS depends on the surgeon in the end. prk in my opinion is slightly better than lasik. this is because the main advantage is you eventually regrow the top layers without leaving as many scars. this can reduce some post op symptoms and the potential vision from my experience is greater long term than lasik. it is a bit harder for most surgeons to perform and many shy away from it.

The biggest issue is the heal time. lasik its 5 min and most of the healing is done in about a week and you go about your way.

prk however takes months to heal.. cuz you ablated tissue rather than making a flap to laser. this process sucks for everyone. you cant see as well initially and it could take weeks to months to years see better than you would have with lasik but overall the end result is better.

honestly doctors don't want to deal with the bitching for weeks and months and asses charterer and commitment/condition before recommending a procedure and for most impatient retards today its just not worth the pain in the ass to manage.

is LASEK better?

4 years college with about 80 hours of pre rec classes (bio degree will fill em all)

then take the OAT (mcat without the psycology portion) and interview at schools

then 4 years of eye school (2-3 in classes depending on school and at campus and 1 year rotating at hospitals, offices, etc)

costs about 150-200k for the whole 8 years.

but the job is easy, laid back, always in demand. i work at a hospital 2 days, small office 1, and add/drop a couple days at a mall for fun or if i want 800 extra bucks for the weekend.

nobody really does LASEK anymore unless under certian circumstances. and at the places (where i am) that still do LASEK its pretty much the same as LASIK. realistically the only difference is how they make the incision before the laser. one is with a blade or laser, the other is with a chemical. the laser and blades are more stable accurate and have less complications but w/e. i aint gonna tell the surgeon what tool to use

>Get laser eye
It amazing. Some procedures can be a bit costly, but I would also do it again in a heartbeat. You feel like a new person.

I wear glasses and contacts and for some reason it's way easier for me to concentrate in contacts. My prescription is just fine in both so I know it's not that. So yeah i'd definitely recommend them to anyone with shitty eyesight.

Thank you very much!

I’d rather use glasses.

My main concern with lasik is the long term consequences. I REALLY don't want to have eye problems in 20 years. I still wanna do it but I'm a pussy.

Unironically genius post iv been at it for so long it's at the point when I look at things in real life everything is ugly.

I have the same experience. I can't drive in glasses for example, or catch a ball. For simply reading or writing glasses are nice though.

I have genetically great eyesight, 20/10 even now (28). No one in my family gets glasses until 50+.

Poor eyesight at young age (

generally if you are myopic contacts magnify the image opposed to the optics of glasses.

if you are hyperopic what you may be experiencing is a relaxation of you focusing system or accommodation which is due to there being more power by nature in the distance of the Rx to your retina.

or you got a shit pair of glasses. i donno i dont got your numbers

To be completely honest this should be said way often in media. Lots of people have shitty vision. My uncle has had shitty vision for 40+ years.

>tfw really shitty eyesight, can't see shit without glasses, but too scared to get laser eye surgery

>He isn't planning to get bionic lenses when they go commercial
Tears

Attached: 1490268961619.jpg (460x461, 35K)

delet

Attached: 1451181430831.jpg (535x577, 40K)

put it to you this way. in 20 years everyone will have eye problems. this is due to presbyopia. your ability to focus starts to go to shit at 40. just human design. this is why bifocals and reading glasses at a grocery store exist. if you don't get lasik, great, you stay the same and you get an addon to your glasses. if you get good lasik you only need readers. but you dont need anything for distance. about 40% your eye heals itself like an asshole to make you need a small prescription but if you have a big Rx its still a good change.

plus unrelated to lasik if you have diabetes, hypertension, glaucoma, etc. its gonna give you eye problems anyway and show its ugly head around 40 too.

its good you are not taking it lightly and you need to find a place you feel comfortable at with a good surgeon. that mainly what it comes down to now a days.

What you are comfortable with generally is the best. because scared people tend to be hypocondriacs and will have regret even if it turns out good.

yeah i'm myopic and have astigmatism as well. That's a pretty interesting explanation, thanks

Have you tried hyaluronic acid eyedrops? I have one called Hylo-Gel, and it's quite good.

>if contacts make your eyes dry lasik will make them feel like a goddamn sand dune
could you elaborate on this? why would lasik make the eyes dryer?

it correlates only because in younger years your cornea is very flexible and people who read alot tend to but not always get steeper corneas needing glasses.

having good vision is also genetic so koudos to you

if your eyesight is that shitty get an eval, nothing wrong with seeing your options.

lasik takes multiple visits for even the preop to see if you can handle it. if you get the eval and back out at least you know

Ask your opto for something called a Prevue lens. It lets you preview what life with a 6mm optical zone is like. Go out at night and stare at the halos and starbursts that infest your vision and which you'll have for the rest of your life if you get lasik. Not to mention the potential for flap complications and dry eyes later in life. If you try them and decide you're OK with all that, then and only then should you get LASIK. There's no takebacks, you need to be SURE.

Personally I would never recommend anyone get it done, but they're your eyes so do what you will.

its a long ways away bud. possibly not in our lifetime. bionic implants are only on trial for retinitis pigmentosa and macular degen patients and that took over 10 years to develop. if were lucky it will be commercial in 50 years since trials take over 20 years to finish and get approved by the FDA

don't wear contacts
just wear glasses

PRK was the most painful thing I ever did in my life, but I am glad I chose it over LASIK. I would have done neither if I could go back in time, but I can't imagine how much more fucked my night vision would have been with a flap to catch glare in. I already need brimonidine drops to drive at night. Ugh.

It's so worth getting it fixed.

is there any way to fix a lazy eye?

is the cause that one eye is weaker than the other or is it genetically predstined...

if you have dry eyes is generally because you either don't have enough tears to wet the eye, you don't have enough lid and skin oils to lube the eye, your corneas are over sensitive, or you have an autoimmune disease/ overactive immune system producing too many inflammatory factors.

when you get lasik or any lasker eye surgery it ablates the nerves making them dulled but also more prone to give off the feeling of mild discomfort mimicing dryness. if you dont treat the underlying problem before or dont manage it then the ablated nerves will amply the fuck out of that dry feeling

thanks eyebro. had no idea of the implications, I thought it was just eye magic they way they market it.

the vision-redpill the jews dont want you to know about
endmyopia.org

I looked at the night sky after getting lenses for the first time and realized that I haven't been able to properly see the stars for years. Now I'm a regular stargazer with binoculars and everything. Try it if you get yours.

Want to get LASIK one day but my eyesight is so fucking shit, and it keeps getting worse. They say you gotta have stable prescription for at least a year. That seems bloody impossible for me. Fucking hate glasses.

Attached: 1515571584849.jpg (1280x1920, 655K)

What's with all the bad eyes on this board? Born with 20/20 vision. Sorry about your shitty genetics

47 year old reporting. Focusing went to shit about a year ago. Wife is 48, also went to shit at about the same time. I'm nearsighted (-3.5) so I have built in bifocals, but I used to have built in microscopes. Lasik would have been a mistake for me if it worked, and I read about when it didn't, so I noped on it. I use contacts sometimes, mostly glasses.

the purevue lens is great for bad situations. which it sounds like your surgeon did to cover his/her ass.

yes it sucks and yes i can almost gaurntee it would have been worse with LASIK but again it sounds like you got a bad surgeon.

lol brimonidine is used to bring down eye pressure bro. it also mildly dilates the eyes. sound like you have either post op pressure spikes or they watching you for glaucoma not related to the PRK.

I spent 4k to get my eyes zapped, best INVESTMENT after wearing contacts for over 20yrs. OP is a fag as always.

This

well if you drop 3000 and your Rx changes its gonna suck and you need another dose of laser, and no1 wants to deal with that

That's true, wish my eyesight stops deteriorating even further.

if it works for you great, cataract surgery is what you get to look forward to next. that shit BTFO lasik any day at your age.

but for folks around -4 with astigmatism lasik can be life changing even at 50 since they can drive, exercise, etc and only need glasses to read. depends on lifestyle too. but for most if they get 20 years of freedom without glasses for 3k its worth it to them.

opps clicked wrong number see

My eye doctor wears glasses.

it will with time, and if not you most likely wont be a candidate for it anyway

>PRK
You choose wisely. That's the preferred method for air force pilots, for example, because it actually heals rather than leaving a flap that doesn't really.

Personally, I'm happy with glasses. The fact that polycarbonate shields UV is a nice bonus, along with deflecting shit heading toward the eye.

yes. vision therapy. i may improve it but may not elim it.

essentially you work the bad eye to make it on par with the good eye. its generally a bitch and like exercise its up to you to follow through with it but it can yield some amazing results.

I spent like 6 - 8 hours in front of screens each day. I'm 22 and fucking shit eyes keep letting worse. Pieces of shit. When the fuck will this shit stop already. I'm so fucking sick of these garbage genetics. Fuck my dad and his fucking myopia. I wish I did not have to burden his fucking mutations.

Now I read I have to wait until 40. Just in time for my eyes to get worse again.

FUCK YOU ALL. And fuck eye doctors for not finding a better solution to an issue that 50% of people have now and instead milking it. Good eye sight should be a human right. It severely effects my life quality.

interesting, thanks eyebro

Is it true by the way that reading in bad light (or reading a lot in general), or lots of time at the computer makes your eyesight worse, or is it just a meme?

chill bro. 1000's of years of evolution wasn't ready for computers and excess near work. were only a few hundred into trying to reverse it and quick fix attempts have only blinded people. ur only 22 wait 3 goddam years and you most likely will have an option. by 40 my bet is on better contact lenses to help the presbyopia

is it true that once you start wearing glasses your vision will keep deteriorating and you will need stronger and stronger glasses?

In I mean, does it cause actual damage to the eye, or is it rather a strain of the eye that practically manifests as a bad eyesight?

eh..depends on age really. young kids, maybe, based on the research. ages 19-25 is inconclusive because you could be genetically determined to become more hyperopic and your reading balanced it out, or your retina will stretch if your eye has a growth spurt like your bones making you myopic. That's why most will say its better to just not strain your eyes in general because at the very least it will take strain off.

but technically since your body has more of its own set of rules trying to come up with a one trick for all is frivolous at this point in time until genetic testing is cheaper and not labeled with the whole "hrrrr i dont want health insurances to know if i may get diabetes, its against my rights" shit

>bunch of faggots complaining about things that are not floaters
Hahaha, wait until you have an eye full of paramecium like things moving around - a snowglobe vision. And that's just mild floaters - the fact that they can be so bad that people even opt for highly risky vitrectomy makes me feel better about those annoying things in my case. Of course, this is in addition to nearsightedness.

no. if it deteriorates usually the eye does it on its own based on a married of factors mostly boiled down to genetics.

most of the time people go with shit vision but the brain tries to make the best of it or the eyes strain. then you wear glasses and you relax/ your brain gets used to it. then people try to take it away and the nervous system gets pissed so you think its the glasses making your vision worse.

specifically damage? no that's a meme

just wait nigga. we use the YAG laser to vaporize floaters in the slowglope people now. i sent one for that 2 days ago and it turned out great. its only a matter of time before we move it to the minor and young ones.

Thanks, very interesting.
And thank you for all the replies, you are sharing some really interesting and useful data here

me

Does this also stand for the opposite case, for not wearing glasses when you would need it? Does that make your vision deteriorate even more?

o cource. i get paid to talk about this kind of stuff mostly (besides mild surgeries n glasses giving here n there) reducing my childhood autism. you sound interested in this line of work and should consider it. its one of the lowest stress jobs in medicine and pays very well... and being honest i bs with patients about life n shit about half the day any way. the shcooling is a bitch but its one of the few degress that i can say is worth it.... also 70% of the classes now are women who get get dick hungry, 30% are asian who are equally dick hungry.

Here's impromptu self inflicted laser surgery courtesy of some fag's new high powered green laser. Some lessons are learned the hard way.

Attached: idiot.png (483x485, 293K)

nope, wont make anything worse really. you just got through the day seeing like shit

looooooooooooool

Thanks! I'm very interested in it, haven't decided yet if it would be something I would want to do as a career or not. I took some online classes and read a lot of books about human vision (more about the brain's visual processing than about the eye though), it's all really fascinating. I might take it seriously one day.

Eyebro, can you tell me if there is any breakthroughs on the way in eye laser? I understand that we have LASIK and PRK but both of those methods are pretty old now. I heard about this procedure called SMILE can you comment on this? I wanna get an operation but there is no chance that I will gamble with my eyesight. "Maybe your eyesight turns to shit or you get dry eyes, thats just bad luck user" no fucking way im dealing with that over contacts. What are the best brains cooking up for new solutions atm?

just keep your gpa around 3.3-3.5 and the door will always be open to you. with your interest sounds like you would ace an interview even if the scores would be sub par.

SMILE is to LASIK as LASIK is to LASEK.

by that i mean when they make a corneal incision to laser your eye they either use a chemical (LASEK), a blade (LASIK) or a laser (SMILE)

technically smile is the newest in the incision technology which has the highest chance of reducing the side effects but you are using new tech to do a old procedure more accurately just like lasik did to lasek.

as for other breakthroughs there unfortunately is not much on the horizon in that aspect due to the same challenges that we run into in current surgery.

in my opinion and talking to researchers it seems the fastest development comes from contact lens makers since the FDA isn't up their ass as much as the laser guys (for good reason). they can make lenses that monitor blood sugar and add nano chips so my bet is on a computer chip modded contact lens that a doc can modify to be more comfortable and give best vision.

and with that i sleep

Thanks eyebro

I never needed glasses my whole life but then I got headaches and eye strain when working. Anyway, went and checked my eyes out and they gave me a weak as fuck prescription but it's great. I can see fine without it but that little bit of strain being gone actually improved my quality of life. Get your eyes checked anons.
I only wear glasses at the PC, so it changed nothing except that I don't feel as shit anymore on a daily basis.

Hey eye doc, I have a question for you. Is there anything I can do about being stereoblind? I have a lazy eye but it's not visible and I only found out about it late in life. I used to think that everyone couldn't see out of their left eye, like being right/left handed. Basically just normal eye but zero focus.

This. Also parallel parking and hackey sack. Basically anything with coordination