Can we consider that antimatter is already discovered?

Can we consider that antimatter is already discovered?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positron_emission_tomography
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes of course, since the 50s.

time is linear, anti-matter can not exist by definition

>time is linear

How much effort does it take to remain this ignorant?

prove that time is non-linear then, einstein.

wtf?
doesn't antimatter differ only by charge?

>The Feynman–Stueckelberg interpretation states that antimatter and antiparticles are regular particles traveling backward in time.

>what is relativity

short answer YES
long answer it have been made but by atomic amounts

I think not. Its been predicted, but not found experimentally. At least, not directly anyway.

It would be like considering the higgs boson to be discovered before they found it at the LHC

wasnt time not being linear an assumption made because implicitly it was assumed for a while that time was linear and that led to some weird shit that couldnt be accepted/

Really all of Einstein's work was done implicitly. In his mind he just worked out the only possible solution that worked.
But its all proved to be correct so far

I do not believe annihilation following pair production wouldn't work if that were so.

>Feynman–Stueckelberg
We'll know whether this is right when we find out whether antimatter falls up or down. But I think experiments have already confirmed antimatter falls down like regular matter.

~would

CERN produced it twenty years ago for the first time.

Its not really a discovery unless at least one person knows about it. And that's using the loosest definition of 'discovery' possible

What?

Just because you didn't know something happened doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Let me rephrase that:

Just because you can't use Google doesn't mean it didn't happen.

>Just because you didn't know something happened doesn't mean it didn't happen.
that is exactly what it means as my consciousness is the only real thing that exists, everything else has been created in my mind

No, everything was created in my mind.

You're just a manifestation of my mind trying to trick me.

That's still boggling, shouldn't they go up, we all go down, I want my damn bizarro matter

wew lad

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positron_emission_tomography

You're autistic

Maybe you meant dark matter, OP?

There is no problem with time being linear (though whether or not it is "linear" is more a statement about coordinates and even in curved space you can transform to a coordinate system where everything is flat at one point) it just doesn't accommodate gravity.

>The system detects pairs of gamma rays emitted indirectly by a positron-emitting radionuclide (tracer), which is introduced into the body on a biologically active molecule.

wat. I thought gamma rays are the highly energetic particles that give ionizing radiation to our DNA and fuck everything up.

it would, its just particles changing its time direction at the same location in spacetime.