Hi sci , which engineering can i study to contribute more to the world? I have to decide in one week

Hi sci , which engineering can i study to contribute more to the world? I have to decide in one week

bump

Engineering is too combined to pick one. If you choosing a discipline for college though do yourself a favor and study Maths and Physics as undergraduate degrees, then take a Master's in the area you think you'd like to study most.

Genetic Engineering

I dont have that one in my country

>The world
Vague...

Africa and the ME will need lots of civil engineers in the next decade.
In the first world we need bio-medical engineers or military engineers.

Depends on what you like. No one field is going to revolutionize the world as a whole, each bit does its part. By choosing a field that you enjoy, you'll be more productive and therefore contribute more to the world.

With that said, if you want to do AE, ME, CE, or any other "materials" based engineering, then you have 2 years to decide, (if this is first year of uni/college) as the first two years for those degrees are the same. Calculus, Physics, general education, and maybe statics.

If you want to do electrical or bio-medical, then you can't go wrong either. Just about everything we rely on utilizes electricity, and bio-medical will continue to grow as people still don't want to die.

Kinda broad generalizations here as engineering is a wide area of study. Really its the practical application of knowledge. So you can always specialize down the way too.

Worst advuce itt

If you want to help the world you have to be good in other areas too, don't force yourself too much bro. Engineering, physics, medicine, computer science, drawing, philosophy and politics is like the major areas I guess, feel free to insert more stuff, but i think these are the basics for our info era.

I personally am in aero. Entered because I thought space was the future. I still think it is, but it's quite underfunded these days and competition for jobs is high.

On the other hand, civil aviation has been quite good for the past years.

I'd say go into what you think is interesting as opposed to what you think will "contribute most" which is a vague concept anyway (according to what metric?)

Same. What school? Competition is definitely picking up, but so is the industry. Asteroid mining will be the tipping point I think. It'll give a tangible effect on the economy, unlike the current trickle down of technology, which'll get more companies interested.

>engineering
>contributing to the world

more like building cheap-ass fans to sell in wal-mart

go math

Terrible idea.
You fucking pure mathfags need to learn there place compared to us glorious engineers. Keep looking for grant money

Mechanical engineering is your best bet. So many possiblilitys

Civil, mechanical or electrical.
>do you like kinetics and energy/work
MechE
>do you like electromagnatism and math
EE
>none of the above
Civil

Physics engineering. You can do most other engineers jobs and you can be a smug asshole while doing it too.

Mechanical or Electrical.

Government Engineering.

Veeky Forums mathfags are funny as fuck KEK

You can find work where you're making positive contributions to the world in any field of engineering. Pick the one you have the most interest and skills in. Getting to choose a job that gives you warm feelings about being a good person is only an option for people who are good at what they do.

I did computer engineering and spent a few years working at a non-profit cancer research center after graduation. Image analysis algorithms to find clusters of mutated lung cells after they'd gone through fluorescent in situ hybridisation. It's led to tens of thoasand cases of cancer being detected in the early stages where treatment is a lot more effective.

The only answer is and ever should only ever be, until the energy crisis is solved, nuclear engineering; fission is now and fusion is the future.

Go for the one you prefer, if you chose something you do not like you will not contribute much.

You can't study yourself into liking something.

H-Hows aerospace guys? Good r-right? I can do everything a mechanical engineer can do they said.