Where do you guys buy books? I've started reading recently and Amazon's postage & packaging is so expensive it's stupid...

Where do you guys buy books? I've started reading recently and Amazon's postage & packaging is so expensive it's stupid. It costs almost twice as much as the books themselves, sometimes more. I have four books in my basket and the order summary is
>Items: GBP 17.49
>Postage & Packing: GBP 28.00
>Order Total: GBP 45.49

Am I picking the wrong sellers? I tried a couple and there wasn't any difference.
There are no big bookstores or libraries where I live so I have to order online and have it shipped internationally. Am I stuck paying this much?

Other urls found in this thread:

booktopia.com.au/view-shared-wishlist.ep?customer=2147505106&wishlist=2144421184
bookfinder.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no prime
>not looking at thriftbooks or abebooks

I use Booktopia. Here's my wishlist:

booktopia.com.au/view-shared-wishlist.ep?customer=2147505106&wishlist=2144421184

>Agricola and the Germania
Penguin Classics

Just get Everyman's Tacitus, it has all his works

Wow. In the US, the shipping at Amazon is usually either $4 used or free new.

>There are no big bookstores
Have you checked for smaller bookstores? They tend to have better deals or more interesting selections than big bookstores.

That's very strange that you're paying so much shipping, user. Especially if you are in the UL because I've had books shipped from there to California for only $3.99. As for your subtotal of gpb 17.49, how many books is that? If you want to buy more than one used book, find a seller that has all the books you want. It's cheaper to buy several books from one seller than several books from multiple sellers.

If I buy 3 books for around $2 on Amazon, shipping is about $14 if they all come from the same place, so the order is usually around $20 (which is 15.34 GBP according to google.)

I only wanted the Germania desu, but I trust Penguin publishers on giving me an accurate translation.

Alibris has lots of UK booksellers

Meant UK* sorry m8. Dunno wtf the UL is.

Jeremy, Penguin's translations are terrible. Get the Oxford World's Classics which has around the same cost, a better translation, and twice the content.

>Have you checked for smaller bookstores?
I live in a small town in Norway and we have one tiny bookstore which has a very limited selection of English books.

>It's cheaper to buy several books from one seller than several books from multiple sellers.
This is my basket currently if it's any help. I got about the same price when I picked the same seller for all of them. I think it's just the international rates bleeding me dry.

Holy shit. Yeah you're getting a good deal on the books but that shipping, Jesus. And does it default to the cheapest shipping service available?

bookfinder.com/

I don't understand why many people here don't utilize libraries. It's free...

>touching books homeless niggers jerked off on

Despite living very near the main branch of my library, they have a surprising number of books, especially non-fiction, missing from their circulation. But yes you are right, best to check there first.

Bookdepository har gratis frakt til Norge + ingen moms/toll på boker (såvidt jeg vet). Ark har 3 for 2 på engelsk pocket i butikk og ~30% rabatt på nett. Bokkilden tror jeg har gratis frakt over en viss sum.

Ellers pleier Fretex å ha overraskende bra utvalg i de storre studentbyene.

I have that copy of dune. it's quite nice jeremy

I will try to buy oxford from now on but they just don't put out as many books as Penguin does.

cdon har också väldigt bra utbud av böcker.

It says "Please do not throw away trash here."

bookdepository, you mong

Bookdepository ser ut som det beste her ja, lagrer resten av sidene i tillegg. Mange takk.

Tack svenska pojke

awesomebooks is ridiculously cheap

eBay all day don't play ur gay

>He fell for the prime meme

Prime is a scam for ripping off people too stupid to double check the prices. Not every item is available for prime, so whatever you save in your precious prime shipping will just be added to the "eligible" product's actual cost.

Example of typical Amazon book haul

No prime
Used book cost $0.01
Shipping $3.99
Total $4.00

Prime
Eligible book cost $4.00
Shipping TOTALLY FREE WITH SUPER AWESOME PRIME
Total $4.00 (plus whatever you paid for your prime subscription)

Occasionally you MIGHT out-jew the jew and save a few cents, but you'll just lose it all in your prime fees

half.com

you can get used books for like a buck each. usually pretty torn up though