What does Veeky Forums think about the Book of Ruth?

What does Veeky Forums think about the Book of Ruth?

Other urls found in this thread:

christiancentury.org/blogs/archive/2010-12/reading-bible-sex-and-all
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good shit

bad shit

the book of what

There is literally no reason to waste your time with the Jewish revelations.

Islam is the true path.

Qur'an or bust.

Mohammad just pedalled Jewish fanfiction desu

>The final prophet of the Lord, in an unbroken line starting with Adam, through Noah, Abraham and Moses was a fanfiction writer
Nice fedora desu

>Islam is the true path.

I see you upside down sixes

requesting that christianXmuslim lesbian hentai pic pls

>tfw you won't wake up one morning to find a qt Ruth gf rubbing your feet

Why?

>not reading Ecclesiastes then never giving a shit again

V A N I T Y
A
N
I
T
Y

Ruth. The Book of Ruth.

>woman author

>posting trash man outside of /trash/
there is a Christian thread there fyi

Ruth was probably not written by Ruth. Maybe Samuel, Gad, David, or someone else.

Or maybe it was written by Boaz, to brag about his sexual encounters.

I don't think he would want to brag about a widow who bore him only one son that we know of. Back then, it was all about how many kids you had.

Maybe she was hot?

I always imagined Ruth as hot t b h

It's my favorite book of the bible tbqfwy.

>tbqfwy
What?

to be quite frank with you

obviously

As a theological book it has a small impact in my opinion. I read it as a folktale of the Jews of the first kings of Israel, it has a moral purpose and it is just that.
Honestly, not much to discuss about it.

What about the sex scenes?

They were pretty hot.

What, elaborate?

He can't even get the Torah or the Bible right. Of course he's a fan fiction writer.

David Rosenberg wrote a pretty good translation of it, focusing on the moral lessons learned from vulnerability by Boaz and Ruth.

Rosenberg's "Poet's Bible" is pretty good shit.

>Naomi Instructs Ruth

Then Naomi her mother in law said unto her, My daughter, shall I not seek rest for thee, that it may be well with thee? 2And now is not Boaz of our kindred, with whose maidens thou wast? Behold, he winnoweth barley to night in the threshingfloor. 3Wash thyself therefore, and anoint thee, and put thy raiment upon thee, and get thee down to the floor: but make not thyself known unto the man, until he shall have done eating and drinking. 4And it shall be, when he lieth down, that thou shalt mark the place where he shall lie, and thou shalt go in, and uncover his feet, and lay thee down; and he will tell thee what thou shalt do. 5And she said unto her, All that thou sayest unto me I will do.

And she went down unto the floor, and did according to all that her mother in law bade her. 7And when Boaz had eaten and drunk, and his heart was merry, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of corn: and she came softly, and uncovered his feet, and laid her down.

>Ruth Claims Boaz as Kinsman

And it came to pass at midnight, that the man was afraid, and turned himself: and, behold, a woman lay at his feet. 9And he said, Who art thou? And she answered, I am Ruth thine handmaid: spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid; for thou art a near kinsman. 10And he said, Blessed be thou of the LORD, my daughter: for thou hast shewed more kindness in the latter end than at the beginning, inasmuch as thou followedst not young men, whether poor or rich. 11And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest: for all the city of my people doth know that thou art a virtuous woman. 12And now it is true that I am thy near kinsman: howbeit there is a kinsman nearer than I. 13Tarry this night, and it shall be in the morning, that if he will perform unto thee the part of a kinsman, well; let him do the kinsman's part: but if he will not do the part of a kinsman to thee, then will I do the part of a kinsman to thee, as the LORD liveth: lie down until the morning.

And she lay at his feet until the morning: and she rose up before one could know another. And he said, Let it not be known that a woman came into the floor.

>Both 'thigh' and 'feet' are common euphemisms for male sexual organ.

christiancentury.org/blogs/archive/2010-12/reading-bible-sex-and-all

That's a cute anime girl.

It reminds me of the Lord of the Rings cartoons I used to watch as a kid.

This looks great. Thanks for the rec, lad.

I believe the book is a tale with an allegory for standards of the perfect jewish wife and widow (Ruth, Naomi) which is modest and loyal, and the perfect husband (Boaz) which holds the quality of providing and righteous.

I wouldn't be surprised if back in the days of the first temple, this book were read for hebrew girls after they had their first period as a mean to instruct them of the live that was coming ahead. It is a very feminine book.

Interesting. I think I read somewhere that the Book of Ruth doesn't have a single mention of God, so I've always wondered why it was deemed important enough to be included in the Bible.

I hear it's because she was one of the descendants of Jesus.

That's Christ-tan

It's the jews that got the Torah wrong.

>I hear it's because she was one of the descendants of Jesus.
But she predates David in the geneology

I do not know much about Judaism, but this book is in the Bible because it is in the Jewish canon of scrolls, which are more like a wisdom literature than revelations.
Another book in it that is also very centered in sexuality is the Song of Songs, tho it speaks about the Lord, it is not necessarily about religiosity, it is more like directions to a virtuous living. (at least this is my interpretation, I confess it is highly unorthodox)

Boaz is mentioned as ancestor of David in the book of Samuel, since it mentioned only a patriarchal genealogy. But Ruth is directly mentioned as ancestor of Christ in the new testament. But I'm pretty sure that this is not the reason this book is in the christian bible.

>before one could know another
they never had sex, this phrasing makes it explicit. "knowing" someone is the go-to Bible sex euphemism.

[citation needed]

Genesis 4King James Version (KJV)

4 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the Lord.

17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

>Christ-tan

Eh, I already got my Christian waifu.

I wish I knew girls

Then did "feet" literally mean feet?

>and she came softly, and uncovered his feet, and laid her down
>"spread therefore thy skirt over thine handmaid"
>"fear not; I will do to thee all that thou requirest"
>And she lay at his feet until the morning

im sure you think when jesus washed his disciples' feet he pulled their dicks out huh

I'm not ruling out the possibility.