Says he's completely sincere in his words and actions

>says he's completely sincere in his words and actions
>kills self
So basically he proved life isn't worth living?

No, HE was convinced.

His life, yes.

yap

anti-natalism is the only sensible approach to life.

Is Benatar the greatest living thinker?

He probably sincerely changed his mind while he was swinging. They say most people do.

How would "they" know?

People aren't particularly good at killing themselves.

Sure, but hanging? How often does that fail while allowing a period of swinging for reflection?

Incompetent selfmurderers aren't necessarily representative.

I'm not really a fan of the felo de se viewpoint on suicide. Pro choice baby.

>his own subjectivity applies to all because he was (or presented himself) as sincere

Explain. How does something being sincere make it right?

He was clinically depressed.

Just by the nature of your post you are basically admitting that you're one of these people who think depression isn't a disease, and that it doesn't exist.

People don't commit suicide for the lulz.

It doesn't, but it is one of the greatest steps one can take in his own life. Shaping your own sincerity comes next, and that's where I'd argue he failed.

I am a black folk and I dont agree

I do think about killing myself every week. but actually going thru with it seems silly. I'd miss out out on alot of stuff I do enjoy.

Same reason why I don't see the point in christianity's "heaven" the whole place sounds lame tbqh

>depression
>disease
This is even worse.

Why can't people just accept the fact that not everyone is happy and shit all the time? Sometimes bad things happen that make people sad, and sometimes people get really depressed as a result. This happens to everyone.

"But oh no, that's unnatural and you need to pay for a bunch of a pills or else you're some crazy loner who should be put on an arbitrary watchlist."
t. psychiatry

>depression = being sad
meme meme, mempai

Depression is just a meme

>"But oh no, that's unnatural and you need to pay for a bunch of a pills or else you're some crazy loner who should be put on an arbitrary watchlist."
>t. psychiatry
t. 15 years old

Wow you sure are an edgy warrior for truth

Why are you responding to bait?

>muh bait maymay

Don't try to give us your uneducated opinion on a subject about which you clearly have no understanding, you will just come out sounding retarded like you just did.

Clinical Depression is not just "feeling sad". Actually, "sadness" is often not even reported by someone with depression, the feeling of emptyness comes up much more frequently and is much more serious.

he was a bad person and he knew that he was a bad person and that he deserved to die.

bit rude innit

Truth

>no discernible talent

He knew it too. A charlatan of the highest order.

You're only empty because you have no GOD

then how come nobody died of depression during the Roman empire?
checkmate atheists

Those who aren't convinced they want to go through with it, no. Those who really want it, succeed.

Yes, but it's up to someone else to finish what ever the fuck he tried to do, I might try, to avoid the suicide part. screen cap this post

>the whole place sounds lame tbqh
based on what source

The only way to end shitposting

You cannot shape the chemical imbalances or balance of your own brain.

I feel like I would have a twinge of embarrassment if I killed myself like that. I don't really know why.

I've never been suicidal but suicide is pretty morbidly fascinating. I'm convinced if I ever attempted to kill myself (in a non instantaneous manner like hanging) I would immediately feel regret and embarrassment when the pain sets in. Also I think the feeling of realizing you're past the point of no return would be pure terror. It would probably be the strongest feeling of helplessness you would ever feel.

But who knows, perhaps people actually do feel bliss as they approach oblivion.

But DFW didn't like or care for Harold Bloom.

You're supposed to break your neck when you hang yourself but a lot of people just end up swinging while choking and someone finds them.

Try to talk to someone with a bad case of depression. Their condition tends to override everything else, they lose their ability to think or feel straight.

Also, isn't exactly "sadness". More like emptiness, tiredness, so on, maybe in a mild way if it is a mild depression, maybe in a totally incapacitating way.

You're kinda right in how people are sometimes overmedicated, but this mostly applies to the less severe forms of depression, or certain other conditions. With real psychosis or clinical depression or other serious things, medicine tends to achieve real results (such as lessening the likelihood of violence directed either at self or others).

In every story I've ever read of people killing themselves unsuccessfully, they say that the instant they stepped off the ledge/jumped off the chair/whatever they felt extreme regret, fear, and a desire to live.

Complete sincerity is impossible and anyone who asserts that they are being completely sincere is delusional.

I've always disliked DFW because he struck me as full of his own shit.

>People don't commit suicide for the lulz.
Yes but livestreaming it and giving a link to Veeky Forums is really something user. A lot has changed here.