David Hume

What does Veeky Forums think of David Hume?

I tried reading his works, but his outdated English turned me off. Should I give him another chance?

You should hang yourself

Absolutely, Hume is a brilliant writer and you will struggle with Kant if you didn't read him. But even if not too read Kant you should still read Hume, he profoundly affected my life

I will eventually, but not now. I'm still young and healthy and beautiful.

He's only praised because the British have no relevant philosophers so they rally behind that guy

He looks like a fucking toad

Can you explain how he profoundly affected your life? In what way did he affect you?

Anyone read his history of England? I hear it was the standard work on the subject until the 20th century.

He is really easy to read, and writes like a top-notch bloke. Would love to spend a night binge drinking and eating with his fatass

BUNDLE OF PERCEPTIONS O_O woooahhh~~

There are works which are translated into a more updated English. Try an enquiry concerning human understanding

He's dry and boring to read, I don't enjoy him very much. You can read his dialogue on natural religion though, that's fun.

Funny you should call him a toad Pierre

>Empiricism
>not relevant

>Locke
>not relevant

>Bacon
>not relevant

>Bentham
>not relevant

>Mill
>not relevant

>Berkeley
>not relevant

>Ayer
>not relevant

nice list of literally whos that nobody outside of merry old england cares about

Nice post of I'm a fucking retard who knows nothing about philosophy and the evolution of thought and I'm only here to shitpost for quick snippets of attention

oh golly you seem quite agitated lad

>LE MEMED YOU HARD BRO XD
Jump off a really tall building.

Yeah and you sound like a wee faggot who dresses like a little fairy

No fan of Hume particularly but he's piss easy to read. If you're really having trouble maybe reading isn't for you.

>outdated English

but heh? he's a fantastic writer, that's like the best part of reading Hume. second best part is that he was smart af and super well read.

overall I think he's a blockhead, though.

Yep.

>ladposting

Can we unplug England from the Internet because of Brexit?

Neither of us used the word lad or used English lad-slang

You BENDER

>What does Veeky Forums think of David Hume?
I heard he could outconsume Schoppenhauer and Hegel.

His English isn't that old fashioned. There's just a lot of 'tises. He's harder to read compared to Locke, I think, only because of his writing style.

Pretty sure plenty of Americans are obsessed with Locke.

Fucking kys lmao.

Hume is only hard to read if your attention span is too short to handle a frickin periodic sentence.