Convince me to read books

Why should I read books when all the information I could ever want is easily available on the internet?

I'm reading that.
Good shit.

I don't care

Why should I listen to music when all the sounds I could ever want are easily available on the internet?

Why should I have sex when I can see it on the internet?

I never thought of that, good one mate.

Why should I have a life when I can see other people's on the internet?

Because books are art, not a collection of facts

Define art.

i'm struggling with this question at the moment

Why should I be on the internet when all the information I could ever want is thoroughly described in books?

if you want to read, do; if you dont, dont. the only argument for reading is that you like doing it.

Because you don't know what you need to know.

Because on the internet it's just 1 click away

if all the information you could ever want is on the internet you can't want a lot of good information

because what you're getting on the internet are small fragments of information. bytes. if you want to have any real indepth knowledge on anything, just browsing on the internet isnt enough. you have to read whatever sources you can, sometimes in books, to form indepth and knowledgeable opinions about certain topics.
and for fiction, this question doesn't really apply. reading about harry potter on the internet isn't the same as reading harry potter. same thing applies to any fictional book

OP, have you ever been interested in something, read all the wikipedia articles covering the topic, dug up whatever other links you can find, and then found yourself still wanting to learn more about it? Maybe all the information you found on webpages rehashed the same few points.

If not, keep browsing until you find something you actually want to learn more about. But when you do, you will almost certainly find a book or books covering the subject (and related background material you might not've been aware of), which you should then read.

pic related

Because you're an idiot.

Not an argument

Do you walk into churches, walk up to the priest, and demand that he immediately explain God to you? If it's chess night at the local library, do you walk up to two people playing, interrupt them, and ask them how to justify why they're playing? Do you buy tickets to baseball games and walk around in the stands, tell people you think baseball's boring, and then ask them to justify why they're watching such a boring game?

Basically, fuck off.

>Do you walk into churches
Not since I reached the age of reason.

r u really bill cosby?

>Do you walk into churches, walk up to the priest, and demand that he immediately explain God to you?

I don't see why he wouldn't if I did

>If it's chess night at the local library, do you walk up to two people playing, interrupt them, and ask them how to justify why they're playing?

I would ask why I should learn how to play chess

>Do you buy tickets to baseball games and walk around in the stands, tell people you think baseball's boring, and then ask them to justify why they're watching such a boring game?

I'd ask them why I should get into baseball