Do you know any book-themed youtube channels that aren't absolutely horrible and only about shitty Fantasy YA?

Do you know any book-themed youtube channels that aren't absolutely horrible and only about shitty Fantasy YA?

Pic related: Better Than Food, covering some texts with actual value.

youtube.com/watch?v=bAsMYhmuyhU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCD6tRUX8z7C4HdxVzpxdOQQ
youtube.
youtube.com/channel/UC8H8yTqvudLIUJphj5M6yvQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

his videos are worthless two bit summaries plus brooding plus begging. the only reason why you'd watch them is cause he's a semon demon desu

sometimes i like listening to his reviews in the background, but he is unbearingly pretentious at times.

DADDY DIDN'T GIVE ATTENTION

It's just readings of poetry but the guy has a great voice: youtube.com/channel/UCD6tRUX8z7C4HdxVzpxdOQQ

>is seemingly unemployed yet still manages to jet all over the globe
>spends his time making 'short films' on vimeo and cultivating his pretentious youtube channel
>"How the hell does this guy feed his habits?"
>reveals in a recent video that his girlfriend is 15 years his senior
>"Ahh, that explains it."

Sounds like he's banging someone in some industry who supports him.

It's irritating that he's the same age I am and has done infinitely more than me. He also comes across as the kind of person who would blow me off for not being an intellectual of his caliber, not having attended college, and generally being a quiet person. I would bore him, he would view me as low class. Perhaps I am, but it doesn't hurt any less.

Like this guy said, he's always going around the world, lives in LA, working on film, constantly making connections and talking to important people and going to nice places, screwing an older woman who I'm assuming pays for most of his shit, either that or he's living off inheritance or something.

He shoehorns in his amazon links so he can get kickbacks, it just comes off as awkward. I wish he'd just mention it and get back on point rather than pretend to be embarrassed because he's essentially begging. I don't even mind his little tangents about coffee or whatever, because that seems a bit more natural.

In summary, a pretentious twat who is better than me.

i dont care really. All i want to know is, are women overwhelmingly oppressed in western society?

bump
i'm interested too.

Making connections in LA really isn't as glamorous as it might sound on paper. People talk big, dress themselves in money, fill your pockets with business cards and your head with fantasies. Next thing you know, the project you got huckstered into supporting is going belly up and you're stuck in shit creek without a paddle.

People are coming and going every second of every day in LA.

And working on film? Yeah, every barista, waitress, retail zombie and McDonald's manager is 'working on film'. Seriously - have you checked Clifford out on vimeo? His shorts are genuinely awful. The kind of dime a dozen nonsense that every dick with a liberal arts degree shits out before their dreams fizzle.

And he actually spent -money- getting them made. What's worse -- he spent his girlfriend's money getting them made.

His girlfriend, who supports him.

His girlfriend, who he owes everything he currently owns.

damn, rekt

Seems likely that he's living off a combination of inheritance from his father's passing and financial support from his (41 year old) girlfriend, who probably has a career of some sort.

No lie, I'd kill to be in his position. He clearly isn't making the most of it. The guy's been all over the world, has no doubt met some very interesting people, and he still hasn't evolved as a human being.

>What's worse -- he spent his girlfriend's money getting them made.
>
>His girlfriend, who supports him.
>
>His girlfriend, who he owes everything he currently owns.
it is not worse. it is smart form his part. what he does is called displacing the risk and financial effort on somebody else

Wisecrack is a good channel desu

He talks about good books, but the things he says aren't meaningful. Just look at the Stoner review where he basically read off a passage and ended the video.

>itt Veeky Forums gets mad because one guy is living the lifestyle they have aways wanted

also, not really defending the guy, I don't even watch his vides, but lets see this comment:

>his videos are worthless two bit summaries

if ANYONE here on Veeky Forums had the courage to make a channel I bet it would be exacty like you say, including you nigga, you know why? because if you aren't a scholar you probably won't have anything amazing or new to say about a great book that haven't been said before, probably most of the "deep" knowledge you have about a book you got from a professor or from internet

I just want a relaxed, chill book channel where the person talks about books without sounding pretentious, sadly I haven't found one yet, not even close

btw, if anyone here speaks portuguese check this channel
youtube. com/playlist?list= PLxI8Can9yAHfwU1xgIgN2QLh6SuYsV2gG
its actually a great place to hear some professional opinions/analysis about some essential books/authors

Fucking this.

Go to bed, Cliff.

Fuck off Cliff, I can read Wikipedia just fine.
Also, while reading for a review, you can easily take notes and go from there.

like I care about this shit channel
I just like pointing how pretentious you all are and seeing you getting mad in the face of truth

do you think he smokes transcendental meditation or takes it intravenously?

Marc Arimini produces the smartest Veeky Forums content I've seen on youtube: youtube.com/channel/UC8H8yTqvudLIUJphj5M6yvQ

He's only covered Gene Wolfe so far but his analysis of Wolfe is genuinely original and groundbreaking. He didn't just skim the wikipedia page like the asshole in your OP. And if you like his video essays his written ones go into even more depth, and he's also written a book on Wolfe's work which i think I'll buy.

I swear I'm not Marc Arimini.

>implying he's an intellectual
>has to beg for money on youtube
>cringe as fuck
>neutered
>better than you
I hope Cliff himself posted this.

>I swear I'm not Marc Arimini
That was a good day.

>not the complete dream

yes

Will he ever come back? It was nice having someone smart on Veeky Forums.

I'm pretty sure me 26 going on 48 melting face goblin man works as a film editor or something, or for TV maybe. Anyone else think it's weird his gf is 41

Maybe he never went away.

You're seriously doing the "let's see you do better" argument?

No, of course we aren't scholars. That's why we want to learn more about books and would like to see an actual informative youtube channel about them.

If a doctor fucks up your surgery do you just say, "well, I'm not a doctor I can't complain"?

Shit, Veeky Forums is all about non-writers complaining about books they've not enjoyed. Everyone does that.

He left but visits intermittently. (I might be Aramini.) Need to finish the last 7 essays for my project and take care of some other life issues, so I am not around often.

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

my argument is
>you shit on someone for doing the exact thing you would do in his place

since english isn't my main language maybe I can't really pass my gripe with the relationship this board have with books

>Veeky Forums is all about non-writers complaining about books they've not enjoyed. Everyone does that.
Yes, I agree, but have you seen the complains? have you seen the arguments this boards uses to shit on someone? I'm not saying everyone should waste hours making a point on why they hate Pessoa or Lorca, but every single post is basically variations of:
>shitty edgy author
>X is just a dumbed down Y
>waaa im a X, t-that's deep right?
So we have topics shitting on Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Dante, etc etc, 100 posts and sometimes one post worth a damn

so it isn't what we do, but how we do, this board (just like /mu/) is mostly bad memes and shitty topics. Also most people doesn't want to discover or learn new stuff here, they just want to sound cultured, and then they shit on a channel like the one in the OP, that while the guys doesn't add anything new and comes out pretentious and cringe because all the begging he at least offers more when it comes to books than this board

>you shit on someone for doing the exact thing you would do in his place
If user doesn't have his own youtube channel this is beyond retarded.

>he at least offers more when it comes to books than this board
citation needed

>>you shit on someone for doing the exact thing you would do in his place

What's wrong with this though? You're right in that this board sucks, but does it make us wrong about a shallow youtube channel?

Veeky Forums honestly offers more. People here know their authors like no place on the internet, honestly. It's a reliable source of information on what to read for xyz. Where else would I ask for contemporary thomism and get 4-5 great authors?

Everyone saying Cliff Sargent's channel isn't good seem to be going two directions. They seem to be saying he's either too pretentious, or he's just not trying hard enough to describe the book. Look, he said that he made the channel - and he reiterates this a lot - because he's happy to introduce people to new books. Do you want to listen to a fucking 40 minute video about a book, or a 10 minute one that tells you just enough about the book for you to be interested in it? God, it's like you want him to do a fucking report on the book so he can impress you with his knowledge and understanding of the book. No, he's just doing a video of the book where half of it is saying how good it is, and the other half is just giving you an idea of what you're in for. I've bought almost every single book that he's done a video on, because I think that the way he describes the books makes them sound interesting enough for me to be convinced that they're worth reading. It's really frustrating being smarter than everyone around me sometimes.

This.

Meanwhile, all Clifford is able to say about a given book is, "This was really fucked up and dark, just like my favorite '90s grunge bands. Let me tell you this pointless anecdote about when I saw Death Grips live."

why can't there be a lighearted channel where people just talk about the books they like, with some passages and with a decent funny, but not trying to hard to be funny, persona?

I wish someone that have gone through literature school and failed at making "it big" made a literature channel, something like Mike and Jay did in RLM, where they review great books but from time to time shit on retarded "hot right now" releases

I just want to chill and hear people talk about why Gombrowicz is amazing

>10 minute one that tells you just enough about the book for you to be interested in it?
He made Stoner look dull. Nothing he says makes me interested in the book. It's a drawn out wiki article with an annoying dude doing a performance.

I think cliff's old videos fit this bill