Visiting my white family in Peoria, IL (so flyover other flyovers make fun of it)

>visiting my white family in Peoria, IL (so flyover other flyovers make fun of it)
>go to mexican restaurant
>order
>"uh yeah can I get the enchiladas verdes with beef and a side of guacamole"
>brown waiter nods and turns to sister
>"yo quiero una quesadilla de bistec con salsa verde por favor"

Why do people do this? I would only do it if I were a native speaker and the menu wasn't written in English. It must be annoying as fuck to these guys

Peoriafag here, which restaurant did you go to? Because there are only two good Mexican restaurants in this town(Mi Familia and El Mexicano).

Anyway, as to your question, your sister is a pretentious twat.

I don't remember. They moved there when I went to college so I don't really know much about the town besides that Caterpillar is based there

Was it in a shitty little building in a bad part of town, or in a strip mall?
Is your sister hot? What bars does she go to?

No, there's not.

>Go to American Steakhouse
>Asian date orders
>They bring her chopsticks without asking and are overall rude as shit

Not sure if it was racist, but I laughed. Tipped big though, didn't want to perpetuate stereotypes.

What do you mean by that? That fucking Jalapenos, Los Jimadores, Los Cabos, and Blue Margarita are actually good, or that Mi Familia and El Mexicano aren't?

There are no good Mexican restaurants in Peo..however you spell that retarded redskin word.

If your sister is fluent or close to it I don't see the problem. If she was just looking for an excuse to practice her high school level Spanish I agree that's annoying.

I live in a Mexican neighborhood, and many of the best places are staffed by folks who speak English, but not all that well. My Spanish is just good enough to order and make small talk, but I'll jump into it if I see the server is having a little bit of a hard time with English. At the Mexican stores I speak English unless I'm greeted in Spanish. When I walk into the butcher shop and the butcher says, "Diga me" I order in Spanish.

Have you ever been to either of the restaurants I mentioned? Because I used to live in Denver, and they're just as good as the little taquerias there.

>be native spanish speaker
>fluent in english to an almost bilingual level
>visiting LA
>80% of shops and stores are staffed by mexicans who barely speak english
>after several repetitions and "que?" say fuck it and start addressing every brown looking person directly in spanish
>they give me the stink eye

fuck you, you fucking garbage
learn how to speak if you're going to be such a pretentious cunt

It was in a strip mall and hands off my sister

>Good Mexican restaurants in Denver

Oh, you're just shitposting. Got it; carry on, friend.
It was probably Jalapenos, which is garbage. Your family sucks. Post a picture of your sister.

>Be native Spanish speaker
>They give you stink eye

Cuan blanco eres?

I live in Washington state and order in Japanese from a couple of sushi/Japanese restaurants if i know what I'm actually saying.

The only reason i do this though is because I've been going to these places for years and know the owners are cool with me basically practicing with them.

I've ordered in japanese at a sushi bar and the server was korean. I stopped trying to be cool after that embarassing shit. God, I feel dirty thinking about it.

argentinian tier white of course

My sister is well short of fluent. I don't think she could hold a conversation lasting more than 4 lines of dialog

And yeah I also at least try and speak the language if I am addressed in it but that only really applies to spanish. Most of the phrases I know in other languages are lewd

That post was the epitome of flyover rage, glad to see you really are from Peoria.

Okay pal, whatever makes you feel better.

I have a colombian friend who is white as the dickens and this shit happens to him all the time

>Most of the phrases I know in other languages are lewd
I've got that problem with German. I'm American, but mostly of Germanic blood, so when ever I travel to a German speaking country people look at me and just assume I can speak German. And unfortunately I can only swear in German.

them mexicans are a salty bunch with a huge inferiority complex

I'm white and live in gritoville, know just enough Spanish to laugh when some spic tries to talk shit about me. Those old abualitas are vicious racist cunts.

They have an inferiority complex because they've been looked down upon all their lives. Literally. Because they're short.

Trying to get my girl to teach me the racist words for white people in her native tongue, but she says they don't exist. Starting a relationship built on lies.

>mexicans, when will they learn

>And unfortunately I can only swear in German.
Isn't that like 50% of the way tho

spanish language lacks the PC filter the english seems to have
there are no specific "racist" words, you just call shit like it is and no one gets really offended because of that
i.e; every asian is a "chino" (chinaman)
every black/brown/somewhat tan person is a negro (as in black, not as in nigger)
every jew is a judio (no kike or anything like that)

if you want to attack someone in particular, you just use that and add "de mierda" at the end

interdasting

Eh, phrases and words are different things, muchacho.

>spanish language lacks the PC filter the english seems to have
Ain't it the truth. You can call girls "chicas" in Spanish, but most English speaking girls get offended if you call them chicks.

that's the point
there ain't no words, you gringo de mierda

Wait, I just saw what post you were referencing, the language I was talking about isn't even Spanish, culo.

what language?

I live in Denver and can confirmbthat this guys is full of shit unless he's been to the run-down places just south and had to order in Spanish.

>I've got that problem with German. I'm American, but mostly of Germanic blood
How much of a pretentious fucking cunt can you be?

I'm just saying I look German because that's where my ancestors came from.

Here in America we have to distinguish our ethnicities because they are not the same as our nationalities

t. Scottish-American

Vietnamese, pls no bully.

This. Part of how you identify yourself in an immigrant nation is by where your ancestors immigrated from.

I need to know what Caprice scene this is from

I just call myself a Texan.

Sorry about that.

Germanic isn't the same thing as German. You can't look German because Germans can look like Swedes, Russians, English, Italians and yes, like US-Americans too. How will anyone in Central Europe be able to know that you're an Americunt and can't speak the country's language?
When will the "muh heritage" meme end

interestingly, southerners who are not black or Mexican tend to identify their ethnicity as "American"

I wonder why that is tho

I knew it was going to be asian

When I go to Germany, Switzerland and Austria most folks look like me. That's not so much the case in Spain, Italy and France. That's my point. And I do feel like an idiot when I'm in a German speaking place and can't speak German.

You should learn it then.

it's important in forming a personal identity. My family is heavily Norwegian so we celebrate that a couple times a year with grandma and grandpa because it's fun to pass down those cultural traditions. How my mother was raised has also had a huge effect on the way I interact with the world. Italian Americans are loud. English Americans are reserved. African Americans beat their chests and climb trees

Besides, the cultures we come from have a heavy influence on our current surroundings. Wisconsin has beer gardens and a lot of sausages because it's full of German descendents who grew up liking that stuff because it was already there

It's weird you people get all bent out of shape about something pretty normal

Between English, French and supermarket Spanish I feel like I'm doing well enough. If I had a chance to live in a German speaking place I certainly would learn it. But it's not worth the trouble when I just pass through every now and then, and pretty much everyone there also speaks English.