I want to read books (fiction/non-fiction) about solitude, alienation and inherent inability to connect with others...

I want to read books (fiction/non-fiction) about solitude, alienation and inherent inability to connect with others. I've read Steppenwolf and liked it, and Book of Disquiet was recommended to me several times. Other recs?

go out and meet people you lazy fuck

my dairy moo

The Pale King

/thread

It's not laziness, I have a genuine feel that no one is interested in interacting with me, wether they're close friends or people I happened to talk to in a bookstore, a concert or whatever. I can have an hour long discussion with a person and even if he appears to be enthusiastic and enjoy himself I'd still feel like I'm bothering him. As if everyone has their own lives and it's impossible for me to enter any of them. I know it's really autistic and arbitrary, but I can't make myself think otherwise. Maybe it's the result of self-hatred combined with a naive ideal of human relations caused by poor social life and longings for real company.

Read Thomas Bernhard's The Loser.

Also Hunger by Knut Hamsun.

Trafficking and Sexual December.

mine cam pef

>solitude, alienation and inherent inability to connect with others

Blindsight by Peter Watts fits all three of these.

Franz Kafka.

Not sure how this is regarded on Veeky Forums but Catcher in the Rye is a lot like that OP.

inb4 One Hundred Years Of Memeitude

No Longer Human is literally what you're looking for

Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh. Catcher in the Rye. Lolita (sorta).

>autistic

No, it's not. You have social anxiety, and you just think about more than some instead of just feeling anxious. Being autistic would mean that thoughts such as that would never enter your mind because you honestly couldn't think socially

sorry i like ma novels finish'd

Why would this make him want to meet people? Knowing the world is full of sellf-righteous douchebags like yourself?

well its still really good
and it deals a lot with boredom and the inability to feel connection with people

you don't find it the least bit interesting to see into? there's no doubt it would have been better and a lot more substantial had he ever been able to finish it. i'm sure he would have hated to see the state it got published in. but in all honesty i doubt he would have kept writing had he survived, the book was just too taxing on his soul (pun slightly intended)

You know to be a "true" Veeky Forums "patriarch" you have to actually read things from time to time. Or, at least have a basic idea of what the fuck a book is about because calling it a "meme". Just reading the back cover alone would tell you that, "100 Years of Solitude" isn't the kinda book OP is looking for.

>he thinks underage pseuds in Veeky Forums read

Quick question, is your Mother,Father, or guardian a narcissist?

narcissist as self-centered and unable to show love? Well, yeah, I guess, they claimed to love me though, when they weren't busy making me wish I hadn't been born.