What is Veeky Forums's non verbal reasoning like

what is Veeky Forums's non verbal reasoning like

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475254213193.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

E,A,D,B,E
2EZ

That is going: top-left, top-right, middle-left, middle-right, bottom-left by the way.
Because you ordered the problems in a retarded way.

This makes absolutely no sense to me

why D and not E?

E,A,C,B,E

>n
Didn't see the the question numbers. just worked left to right.

on another note, I don't think this is a good measure of ability without a time constraint. Anyone can do this.

I cant. Should i turn in my genius card?

E (increasing number of objects at top or bottom in alternating fashion)
C (perfect square number of blocks arranged to the right or downward in alternating fashion)
E (independent opposite rotation)
A (quarter rotation + changing a short line to a long perpendicular line)
B (independent opposite rotation by 45°)

real baby shit

E,A,D,D,E

Q16
Squares:1,2,3,4 (5 is next)
Direction:Down,Up,Down,Up (Down is next)
It's not A because of alignment.
It's not B or D because of direction.
It's not C because the number of squares.
Answer:E

Q19
Horizontal lines:5,1,3,3 (Total: 12)
Vertical lines:0,4,2,2 (Total: 8)
Summation:5,5,5,5 (5 is next)
Most:H,V,H,H
Longest stack:V,H,V,H (V is next)
Longest line:H,H,V,H
It's not B because of summation.
It's not D or E because of visual stack order.
A will sum lines as (H: 13,V: 12)
B will sum lines as (H: 17,V: 9)
Answer:A

Q17
Squares:25,16,9,4 (4-3=1)
Decreased:0,9,7,5 (3 is next)
Align:?,DR,RD,DR (RD is next)
It's not A and E because of alignment.
It's not B and C because of number of squares.
Answer:D

Q20
Thin direction:0,135,90,45 (0 to 135 is next as rotation)
Thick direction:90,135,0,45 (0 to ? is next as unique OR 135 to 0 is next as zigzag)
Answer:D

Q18
Color swapped:False,True,False,False
Positions swapped:False,False,True,True
Flipped:False,False,False,True
Answer:E (as in E then A then 4th picture)

To explain my abbreviations.
H means "horizontal", V means "vertical", DR means "down-right", RD means "right-down" and the question mark means random or unknown.

All are squares (25, 16, 9, 4, 1) starting in top left corner, and flipping direction from vertical to horizontal. E is 1 but in wrong corner.

I realized the questions are in wrong order, I think OP is here to fuck with us.

E, D, E, A, B

how'd I do

16: E
I think we can all agree on this

17: D or E. I think D due to the fact that each 'pattern' starts in the top left

18: E
straightforward enough, differing shades rotate independantly

19: A
every iteration the pattern rotates by 90degrees and 1 lines swaps axis

20: B
similar to 18

you got the second one wrong.

yeah, I noticed. The idea was right, but I had a brainfart and thought 2 was a perfect square

16C
17E
E
B
D

kek real IQ tests dont even use these babby matrix problems

>tfw terrible with directions, cannot even force myself to imagine a simple geometric shape, and have no visual imagination whatsoever

REEEEEEEEE WHAT WAS THE POINT OF SPENDING ALL THAT TIME LEARNING WORDS IF IT WAS JUST GOING TO TURN OUT TO BE A WORLD WHERE YOU NEEDED NON-WORDS? IT'S NOT FAIR.

It's been so fucking long since I took any sort of standardized test that for an instant I thought the bottom row was the rest of the sequence and I had to draw the next one myself. I miss college.

no you retard

Anyone willing to spend more than two minutes looking at this is autism

16: E
17: E
18: E
19: A
20: B

So...what are the answers?

Don't worry, you can solve this by getting vaccinated which causes autism to affect your thoughts into being visual instead of non-visual.

iq test problems are cancer
Q18, 19, 20 are literally the same motive "two things turning simultaneously"
why can't authors be actually creative? this type of question and "XORing pictures" usually make up for half of the questions

E, D, E, A, B

99% of this problem's """""""""""""""""""difficulty"""""""""""""""" is because of it's retarded layout -- learn how to pose a question first :6)

>Q20
>Thin direction:0,135,90,45 (0 to 135 is next as rotation)
>Thick direction:90,135,0,45 (0 to ? is next as unique OR 135 to 0 is next as zigzag)
>Answer:D
Eh, I'm seeing two lines moving in opposite rotations in 45 degree increments. The thin line moving clockwise, and the thick line counter clockwise.

So, if the thick line is vertical on the first frame, on the fourth frame, it should again be so... And similarly, with the thin line starting horizontal, it should be again horizontal.

So ain't it B?

My hatred for these tests is inversely proportional to my ability to solve them.

>this isn't relevant to anything
>muh creativity

/Aus fag here
>anyone take UMAT?
that shit was crazy

Q16:
Frame gains one dot and flips top to bottom with each progression.
E

Q19:
Frame flips 90 degrees, gains one long line and loses one short line with each progression.
A

Q17:
Frame loses dots in each progression with no apparent rotation.
D

Q20:
Each frame, the thin line rotates -45 degrees while the thick line rotates +45 degrees.
B

Q18:
The dark shaded triangle is rotating clockwise, and the light shaded triangle counter-clockwise, so E.

I coded too many 8-bit games as a child though, so this sorta movement illusion is second nature. Suspect it wouldn't be the case for someone who grew up without puters or at least board games, so I dunno how universal it is as an IQ test. Chess players would also have an advantage - they are the sorta patterns you have to have previous experience with.

>on the fourth frame, it should again be so
*on the fifth frame, rather.

Yeah.

But I also notice that displaying the order of questions vertically is fucking with us non-Chinese folks who read left to right. (Maybe they were originally on two pages?)

E, A, D, B, E

Yeah, you're right it is B. I confused myself by replacing "180" with "0".

It took me way too fucking long to figure out that the top represents the sequence and you are supposed to figure out the next step out of the 5 bottom options.

At first I thought that you have to make a sequence out of all pictures. And pictures from A to D have 2 kinds of representations.

E, C, D, A, B

Same, staring at it cross eyed for awhile. The top-down order of questions makes half the responses in this thread look incredibly wrong as well.

Bad formatting is bad.

That said, they should all be answerable, once you realize that, given enough time. Normally, with these sorts of tests, you're on a stopwatch.

That's part of the intelligence test.

Typo for Q17. Meant D

So, E, D, E, A, B

Over 9000 hours in Photoshop.

Autism

Also boredom.

The fact that the gray areas in Q 16, Q 19, and Q 20 don't line up is triggering muh autism.

toddler level questions, only remotely interesting one was square numbers
harder qs plz before I lose hope in pop/sci/

Now, make a webm, in which each question stays on the screen for 60 seconds, followed by a 2 second highlight of the correct answer, while playing the Jeopardy theme song.

FUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuu...

There:
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1475254213193.webm

Took WebmR about three times as long to compile it as for me to hack it together, due to wooden computer.

...Wait? WTF happened with that last frame? Oh fuck you, this is all yer getting. (Also you'll have to settle for ~30 seconds per puzzle due to the webm limits.)

Someone else can make it into a flash game that also tracks your time.

Q17 was the only hard one here

>C
>A
>E remove 9, 7, 5, then 3 and rotate L|R each time, so at the end it lands on the right side
>B
>E

meant E for first one

Q20 is the only one i thought about for more than 3 seconds, am I smart?

Q17 is gay because of the red herring with the dots flipping.

Plus the sheer number of dots removed could lead you to assume B, unless you assume it's a percentage of the dots that are removed, rather than an arbitrary number. Which isn't immediately obvious, nor something you won't easily fsk up under a ticking stop watch.

>E
You have to look at the direction the dots are taken away from.
From 16 to 9 it reflects over y axis and rotates 90 degrees counter clockwise. If you left the number of dots in 9 alone and repeated that movement the 9 dots would be in the same orientation as the 16. Take 5 dots away and you are left with the proper orientation of the 4. Repeat that movement again on the 4 and they would be along the top starting on the left side, not the right. Take 3 away and you get a dot in the top left. The answer is D.

>9 removed
>7 removed
>5 removed
The next step in that pattern would be 3 removed leaving you again with D

There is no pattern to the percentage

Q17 is not hard you are just a brainlets

>From 16 to 9 it reflects over y axis and rotates 90 degrees counter clockwise. If you left the number of dots in 9 alone and repeated that movement the 9 dots would be in the same orientation as the 16. Take 5 dots away and you are left with the proper orientation of the 4. Repeat that movement again on the 4 and they would be along the top starting on the left side, not the right. Take 3 away and you get a dot in the top left. The answer is D.

see pic

Like I said...

But these questions are normally asked on a timer, and if you simply notice the vanishing dots while in a rush, without picking up the increment or rotation, you'll end up at B.

There is no pattern in your picture.

Though my dyslexic ass did fuck up my explanation, I meant 90 degrees clockwise, and then reflect. I must have been going through the problem backwards in my head for some reason.