Hey, my family slaughtered one of our sheep's, I want to cook it's heart. It was slaughtered like 10mins ago

Hey, my family slaughtered one of our sheep's, I want to cook it's heart. It was slaughtered like 10mins ago.
My question is how long should I wait before cooking. I'm going for minimal seasoning because I mostly want to taste the sheep

Throw it on the grill now and serve with a mint jelly

Chill it for 24hrs.

Should be good to go after that.

I will consider, but it's fine to eat right now?

This. You can age the meat, but why bother?

I'd roast the heart for a long time on low heat. It's a tough muscle. Beef heart is best in stews because of this, I've found, but you said you just want the full mutton experience.

Yeah, it's fine. Just consider stewing strips of it in minimal spice instead of cooking it dry so it's palatable and less tough.

You need to leave it a little while to bleed out properly and chill it a bit so the muscle tightens.

If you eat it now it will be tough, unless you actually cook it to mush.

When I get a deer, I cook the heart and liver as soon as I finish butchering and storing the meat.

feed that shit to the fucking animals dude

thats a heart

The liver I would eat right off, not so much the heart.

Lights are great eating.

>Lights

no lights are made of glass and u put them on your roof

i said thats a heart
you should throw that shit to your animals

Yeah, and meat comes from the freezer cabinet at Kiddiemart.

no it doesnt it comes from inside the animal

>not eating heart

what a faggot

This.

Usually I have friends over and grill the heart on skewers and the wife fries the liver in butter, with a decent quantity of beer consumed and raggedy ass fishing and hunting "stories" told.

Liver is one of my favourites.

by the way, OP, anticuchos () are a great way to eat heart, although it's usually made with beef rather than mutton

clean it from all the membranes and residual fat, cut in small strips and marinate to your taste and preference
then skewer them and grill them without letting them get too dry

shit's dank yo

Ty for the idea guys, imma let it chill for the 24 hours, might rap it in some thin sliced belly but I will see