Opinions?

Opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

fliptomato.wordpress.com/2007/03/19/medical-researcher-discovers-integration-gets-75-citations/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd say finance should be higher up because it requires both manipulation AND mathematics

Literature is as important to understanding the human condition as mathematics is to understanding the universe.

fast fix

I find it funny that Veeky Forums ranks math and physics highest even though the most important person in both of those fields basically proved math to be relative to our position in the universe and Newton to be completely off the mark

Newtonian physics are highschool physics

Nobody is thinking about Newtonian physics when talking about physics

I'd say most of the time that's exactly what people are talking about because that's what everyone in the world uses outside of a few scientists and faggots who just read The Universe in a Nutshell.

So if you only know Newtonian physics and not quantum physics you're a retarded highschool-tier pleb?

The very computer you are using right now, you have it thanks to post-Newtonian physics.

Can someone explain how literature can be on par with something as complicated as chemistry?

The only complicated thing about chemistry is learning the million names.

It's not just quantum physics, it's also fields, electromagnetism and relativity.

Philosophy should be equal to political philosophy (not necessarily political science) and it should be listed twice, at both the highest and lowest level.

>sociology above biology and medicine
Holy smokes.

Just like the concept of gravity, those fields are just placeholders for causes we do not understand

Models are not thrown out of the window. Not even the Newtonian model. They are refined.

Einstein didn't come up with his equation out of nowhere. He just improved Newton's.

So it's a work in progress.

>finance on that list, instead of accounting

why is literature comparable to chemistry but philosophy is below finance? literally vitamins vs gummy vitamins

Because besides Nietzsche at least literature has some entertainment value.

>computer science above medecine

also this thread is retarded

Philosophy is not entertaining?? I don't get this at all. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Doctors are being replaced by computers, so yeah

also:
fliptomato.wordpress.com/2007/03/19/medical-researcher-discovers-integration-gets-75-citations/

I think Newton himself would agree with this.
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
Newton might be considered primitive compared with the quantum model, but all future advances in any field have been built on the foundation of previous discoveries.

>exponential power gap
What if the exponent is 0?

Can we stop using useless buzzwords such as "exponential growth"?

too bad we're smarter.

The three most crucial, basic disciplines are philosophy (with theology under it), law and medicine.
Everything else is secondary.

Lit should be bottom tier.
Anything in the arte should be bottom.
Law should be higher.
Psychology and sociology should be equal.

Please, this is before the Veeky Forums split. Veeky Forums of then is incomparable to Veeky Forums of now.

Finance requires one strand of mathematics. Just like Engineering only requires a strand of physics and some mathematics. In no way are they universe changing Pure Mathematics.

Fucking this. The equations were always shit-tier.

>doctors are being replaced by computers

kekin

>implying the smarter ones went to Veeky Forums
have you even visited that board?

When did I imply anything of the sort? All I'm saying is that this place has changed dramatically since then. The split was caused by an influx of people new to the board and they stayed.