Ok Veeky Forums ive been a vegetarian for 17 years now and for some reason today i woke up and decided enough was...

Ok Veeky Forums ive been a vegetarian for 17 years now and for some reason today i woke up and decided enough was enough. Ive decided to go for either fried chicken or hot wings for my fist dish but there are so many techniques and styles of cooking it online i dont know where to start. What is your guys opinion. Soak in salt water or vinegar? Milk or butter milk or neither? Flour or bread crumbs or both? Good herb/spice mixes? Best oil to fry in? Fry hot and fast or slow and cooler? Im full of questions, ive cooked for years but have never cooked meat!

Pic unrelated, it was the only photo of food i had on my laptop.

Other urls found in this thread:

thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/chicken-and-dumplings/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't cook it yourself if you don't wanna fuck it up get some fried chicken at a comfort food restaurant

what would your spiritual guru think about this behaviour

i'm your guru btw literally posting here to keep your body pure

Im pretty good at cooking, everyone says its great when my girlfriend makes it but she's away for a few weeks an dim convinced ill be able to do it better than her with trial and error.

God damnit, ive decided to try for a few months to see if it improves my health and energy levels seeing as i never ate meat in my adult life i dont know if im missing out without it. Im going to stick with chicken and fish though.

you sound like some college slut breaking up with your long term boyfriend because you want "experiences"

fucking faggot, stay vegetarian
if you have to eat meat make it prawns or fish

t. guru

Weakling

Im detecting that may hav been what happened to you.

Does anyone on this board actually know how to cook fried chicken or is this just going to be a shitpost fest, because that is exactly why i didnt post on /b/.

Im in pretty good shape, hopefully ill be in even better shape with the easier availability of complete proteins that comes with meat eating though. Does anyone have any experience with this?

f-fuck u bumhole

Does anyone know how to cook on Veeky Forums? I just checked the front page and there were 2 threads about fast food joints, 2 threads about alcohol and several other non cooking related threads... whats going on in here?

No, not everyone is weak willed like yourself
You have to be almost deliberately avoiding protein to have an issue with not getting complete proteins.

The fuck is wrong with you how is being a strict vegetarian for 17 years weak willed, i doubt you have been one for nearly as long on account of you acting like a 12 year old.

Fuck no ones knows how to cook here everyone seems to be here to bitch.

Its self righteous pretentious hipsters like you that make all vegans look bad.

>i-i-i want chicken!!!!

Weak willed.

It's also 3 in the morning in the civilized world, and do you expect any board on Veeky Forums to be 100% about the intricacies of cooking?

No, it's just dumb idiots like you that make yourself think like that

15 year old vegan racist, you must be a real fucking hit at parties, and yeah, /auto/ taught me how to fix my regulator so i assumed Veeky Forums would be able to advise me on cooking a simple dish.
Changing your mind after nearly 20 years about something is far from weak willed.

>dumb idiots that make them selves think like stuff

>vegan racist

Kek that would be a good sitcom

It must be pretty fucked, the right would belittle you for being a vegan and the left would hate you for being racist, i genuinely dont know who youd hang out with.

I got bad news for you, former vegfag, Veeky Forums is nothing BUT shitposting nowadays

Honestly, just go grab a sandwich at Chick-Fil-A

Vegcucks get out.

They tried that, it didn't work, it was called Heil Honey I'm Home

Since i'm not seeing any recipes because it mostly looks like shitposting and I stopped reading, here's a recipe.

thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/chicken-and-dumplings/

Yes, its a chicken and dumpling recipe, but just follow the first part, where she cooks the chicken. Just use leg quarters instead of the breast. And then when it's brown, just pop it into a preheated 375 degree over for about 20 mins.

if you haven't touched meat in 17 years you need to ease back into it, don't just go out and scarf down 3-4 pieces of fried chicken, your body will revolt.

This, I would ease myself into it, like maybe a chicken and noodle soup to start with, lots of vegetables, some pieces of chicken.

Get yourself a McChicken (It's the best fast food sandwich)

Dood, if youre gonna get chicken or wings or anything you gotta try some Honey BBQ wings from Pizza Hut. Shit makes me cum dood.