Saw this on /b/. Is it legit science?

Saw this on /b/. Is it legit science?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_AirVOuTN_M?t=16
youtube.com/watch?v=Oc-HhxEY7zk
atrainceu.com/course-module/1473410-76_statins-controlling-cholesterol-module-2
pcrm.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/health/Nutrition-Fact-Sheets/Eggs-fact-sheet.pdf
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4861752/
nhs.uk/news/2011/09September/Pages/eggs-in-diet-prostate-cancer-risk.aspx
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18557469
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Eggs contain a fuck ton of cholesterol. I wouldn't eat them more than once a week. That goes for mayonnaise, too.

A Big Mac has 75 milligrams of cholesterol, an egg has about 300. I don't know why would they say that they have the same amount of cholesterol. Eggs are terrible.

I thought the whole cholesterol shit was debunked as junk science? I don't know what to believe any more.

Cholesterol isn't nearly as bad as sugar, please, fuck off with your disinformation for the shake of shilling in favour of the sugar pedalling soul vampires.

>food humans have been eating for hundreds of thousands of years is bad
Why do people even believe this shit?

Eggs are among the most healthy foods you can eat. Eat eggs and you will feel better.

kek it was years ago

the only people who still believe it is a problem are fox news bimbos, celebrity magazines, and soccer moms

>dietary cholesterol becomes blood cholesterol
>dietary fat becomes body fat

>Not removing yoke with a 20oz plastic bottle.

youtu.be/_AirVOuTN_M?t=16

100x 0% is still 0% dummy

You mean CNN/MSNBC lib tards

>saw this on /b/
"The stories posted here-"

>humans domesticated chickens hundreds of thousands of years ago
Kek. No.

>Implying we didn't successfully forage for eggs.
Kek. No.

Daily reminder dietary cholesterol is essentially uncorrelated with blood cholesterol
Daily reminder that caloric density never makes a food itself "bad" and it comes down to total calories and portion control

idk about the disease risks but they seem spurious and i dont see refs

There is no link between dietary cholesterol intake and cardiovascular problems (unless you have diabetes but that is a more complex problem).

That used to be the theory back in the nineties but the studies were flawed and these but these days we know that dietary cholesterol is simply broken down and our bodies synthesize their own.

This.
Statins work by inhibiting cholesterol synthesis

youtube.com/watch?v=Oc-HhxEY7zk

>I don't know why would they say that they have the same amount of cholesterol.
"Good" cholesterol vs "bad" cholesterol.

Pretty sure statins work by some other method entierly. Ive heard most people with heart disease dont even have high cholesterol.

Debunked by studies funded by the National Association of Egg Farmers.

...but yeah, you really can't tell who to believe anymore. Money has kinda killed nearly all nutritional science, in this respect, among other aspects.

So I'll just defer to However, also take into account that eggs are in pretty much every fucking thing - not just mayo.

>statins work by some other method entierly
I double checked out of respect, but no.
atrainceu.com/course-module/1473410-76_statins-controlling-cholesterol-module-2
Maybe you're thinking of ACE inhibitors or angiotensin-II antagonists?

Don't forget to add the difference between trans/cis and saturated fats, as well as LDL and HDL. Eggs are good for you.

increase the risk of diabetes BY 68% ?? You know how many eggs I already ate in my life? That would mean my risk of diabetes is like 99.98% now... which it clearly isn't since I don't have it... Images like these are pure bullshit. Like if you say "there is more bacteria in the egg then there are start in the unvierse"... I hate when people say stuff like that. it pretty much means nothing...

Sweets will win, sweet troops rock

So one of those Egg Council creeps got to you too, huh?

Hi, are you a political prisoner too?

I wasn't referring to stains method of lowering cholesterol, i was referring to its method of lowering the chances of heart disease entirely.

>not joining the Sweets and Snacks Aggressive Majority
baka

Reads like fear mongering and undermining of common life and man's interactions with nature.

That image pretty much implies that Big Macs (man made) are okay to eat, but eggs (nature made) are not okay to eat.

That source URL is also incorrect,
pcrm.org/sites/default/files/pdfs/health/Nutrition-Fact-Sheets/Eggs-fact-sheet.pdf

All the citations seem to point to overeating of these foods. Which means fuck all really. You can overeat anything and kill yourself doing it. This is more "SCIENTISTS SAY!" bullshit.

>undermining of common life and man's interactions with nature
Get the fuck out Kaczynsky

>trusting nutrition "science" about anything that was published more than ten years ago

Pretending you are separate from nature is what causes disease, kohai.

Odd, then, that life expectancies were decades lower before modern medicine.
>kohai
I will fuck your ass

>Odd, then, that life expectancies were decades lower before modern medicine.
Human lifespans have not noticeably increased. More people are making it to longer lifespans, but this is different from the implication you're attempting to make.

From
>the average has increased
you cannot validly deduce
>the extremes have increased

>From
>>the average has increased
>you cannot validly deduce
>>the extremes have increased
True, but I'm neither using the former to argue the latter nor arguing the latter at all.

>Human lifespans have not noticeably increased.
>More people are making it to longer lifespans

>Saw this on /b/
>Is it legit science?

I suppose it's better to ask than to assume, but still.

Cutting down on cholesterol, transfats and the like are measures speculated to reduced hardening of the arteries and veins among the obese, but this is up to debate.

Everyone purchases large quantities of food and so nutrition has become a target for pseudoscience attempting to prove that food has medicinal qualities, particularly those that need to justify higher prices.

this study shows no correlation between eggs and diabetes
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4861752/

This article from the NHS says the correlation between eggs and prostate cancer does not necessarily mean eggs are the cause.
nhs.uk/news/2011/09September/Pages/eggs-in-diet-prostate-cancer-risk.aspx
>Men who consumed more red meat or eggs tended to exercise less and have a higher BMI, and were more likely to smoke and have a family history of prostate cancer.

The main problem that should concern the average person therefore is avoiding obesity. If anything common foods such as garlic and onion do far more to prevent it than anal retentive attempts to watch for specific kinds of oils and fats. The fact most niche food vendors have largely ignored garlic which can be bought cheaply anywhere I think proves their priority is not your health.

here
I made a mistake
>If anything common foods such as garlic and onion do far more to prevent it
I meant prevent atherosclerosis not obesity

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18557469

obviously reducing calories can solve obesity

This is exactly your implication and every native English speaker can determine it.

niggas ive been eating 2 eggs nearly every morning for years.
I went for a dental check and physical a couple months ago.

still 186cm
still 68kg
levels still "optimal"
dr. says im perfectly healthy

one cavity
dentist says i need to floss more

sure im just anecdotal, but you guys are like overprotective mothers

>inb4 comment on my weight
sorry for oppressing you, not from usa

Stress and lack of exercise are the heart killers. Hydrogenated oils are inherently gross, too.

>praises modern medicine for allowing more stupid people to live until child bearing age

That's the disease, kohai.

Shhh you dont want the unenlightened shitting up threads with now do you?

>levels still "optimal"
why dont you post your cholesterol levels so we can judge your "optimal"

>dentist says i need to floss more
flossing is completely useless

>60% of calories from fat, which is a bad thing!
t. some american bureau that will also tell you grain is a food group and you should consume dairy products whenever possible

Kinesiology major here. Cholesterol comes in two types: LDL and HDL (mainly). These types can be broken down in to "subtypes" but we'll just focus on these two.

Cholesterol is utilized in synthesizing hormones, so dietary intake of it is generally beneficial. With that said, you don't necessarily need it in the diet, as your body will synthesize it own it's own. Needless to say, it's very important.

The trouble comes from "good and bad" cholesterol, or the balance of them. LDL is known as the bad type while HDL is known as the good type. A higher HDL can offset the effects of a high LDL. Coronary artery disease is known to be cause by this balance being out of whack (among several other things).

The thing is, several epidemiological studies have shown that high dietary cholesterol intake does not correlate to higher risk of heart disease. Only for Americans apparently. This is more than likely due to diet beyond cholesterol. Typically, the American diet is low in vegetables and fiber but high in carbohydrates and saturated fats. So, saying egg yolk is the problem is a bit naive. The LDL/HDL issue is from a much bigger picture than simply cholesterol alone.

tl;dr: eat up, just make sure to eat plenty of fiber and veggies for the micronutrient benefits

the anecdotal evidence in my own family is that eggs and animal fat aren't necessarily bad. the all lived into their '80s and ate eggs / bacon / sausage / toast w butter every morning. I don't think dietary fat intake has that much influence on HDL / LDL. I think it's affected more by activity levels and other dietary components like sugar

well said, it always blows my mind that people (americans) nitpick this much about eggs and don't even bat an eye when they scarf down a plate of food with no vegetables on it

>lethal prostate cancer
>one of the lowest risk, slowest growing/spreading cancers
>eggs apparently not only increase your likelyhood of getting prostate cancer, but they magically make it more deadly once you get it

>eating cocaine causes you to be high because the cocaine goes in your bloodstream
>eating estrogen pills (birth control) exerts its effects by going in the bloodstream
>somehow eating cholesterol in eggs doesn't go in your bloodstream and cause health problems

egg council logic

>dogs have four legs
>cats have fours legs
>cats are dogs
Your logic

Thats a meme created by McDonalds Corp.