Why/how is "institutional money" actually going to enter crypto? I'm genuinely curious, not trying to b8...

Why/how is "institutional money" actually going to enter crypto? I'm genuinely curious, not trying to b8. We know the normies came and went. They got dumped on. So now we are all speculating that the next wave will be by institutions. Ok.

But how or why are they going to enter? Sure it is a new emerging asset class. It has a lot of technological implications, but the volatility of the market is insane.

Look at BTC. We see that some Mt Gox Trustee jap can singehandedly ruin the market. Why the fuck would institutions put a lot of their money in, only for 1 fucking guy to completely ruin their portfolios? I mean, when it came to USD, they've spent decades hoarding it.

However, there are NEET faggot whales who premined a shitload of BTC, which is now worth a lot. It's not the same as institutions who have hoarded decades of U.S. dollars.

Also, how are they actually going to do it? Unless GDAX opens corporate accounts, they are just going to have a rep from their company open a retail account, reach out to a rep at coinbase, to get the limits bigger?

Also, I've downloaded Circle Invest and the Abra app. They're cool. But they're normie friendly, and the normies know coinbase already. They search "buy bitcoin" on app store and boom they use coinbase. Those normies got rekt.

Stock market has been around for decades. WHY would institutions come into a market that is UNREGULATED and they could easily get pumped and dumped on? For internet coins that have no real world application but MUH technology potential?

Also, they can't just hold the private keys for all their clients. That's a huge cluster fuck. MAYBE it can happen with futures on these coins, but we all saw the futures trading didn't pan out well; you don't actually OWN the coins. So it's gay and worthless.

I mean, we're all sitting here hoping they usher in the next bull run. But I'm trying to logistically see how that will happen.

Attached: thinking.jpg (226x223, 7K)

Im guessing theres going to be a few weeks at least of sideways action.. wouldnt be surprised if we went lower, had some choppy weeks, and then sat still. Just my thoughts though, maybe theyre being directly from exchanges at a discount? maybe theyre not buying at all.

Bump. I think institutional investors see crypto as penny stocks.

Someone said it perfectly the other day:
drug dealers and all that underground shit is the institutional money

I think people misunderstand what is actually happening when they talk about big money coming into crypto they aren't coming into it to buy your shitcoins they are investing in their own tech and research into what makes sense its like owning a website that talks about videogames in 1991 and thinking the big money coming into the internet is going to dump it all on your site

"why" to make money for someone
"how" - lock up a bunch of btc in a trust/ETF that's listed on a stock exchange. when normies buy, they aren't actually buying BTC directly.

i'm not saying it WILL happen but if it happens that's why and how, it's always for the benefit of someone rich.

Attached: biz conspiracy.png (1304x754, 236K)

Crypto in general doesn't need regulations. ICOs do. Once that happens, which is likely, then you'll probably see. More investment in that direction.

I guess that makes sense. So they're pretty much buying and locking it up because...pretty much BTC has a well known brand name apparently
So then what will happen to all our shitcoins? Big money is going to come into established companies who will build their own private blockchains?

They're coming in to win. They're not coming in to buy your bags. They won't play fair and they're good at what they do

Institutions like the 24/7 world wide market and auditable blockchain.

They come in by crashing the price, scaring as many people away as possible, then creating massive moats around barriers of entry

You’re assuming institutional money is not here already. I am 99.9% folks at Goldman Sachs has a war chest full of crypto they bought >1 year ago

yes, if institutions buy in they're buying for the network of users and the potential network of users.
say what you will about multi-level marketing, but one thing they understood very well is the network effect. a site like facebook is useless, its network of users is what's valuable.

nobody knows what's going to happen with alts. all speculative. the best advice Veeky Forums gave is not to buy and hold alts... they have no liquidity and most of them bleed to nothing. if you truly believe in an alt's moon potential then you might as well hold, keep the ones where you see a use case, and more importantly ones where you see the team shilling hard for its adoption. hope for the next bullrun around the corner.

It's becoming hard to get any return on investments due to low interest rates and volatility. From everything I read it seems institutions are willing to put 1-5% of their capital in the blue chip Cryptos

all the news has been focused on boutique hedge funds (basically rich guys and their play money) or rich guys from silicon valley owning bitcoin. like that story of the trader from chicago who stole private keys from his employer "Consolidated Trading LLC." and we don't know if they already liquidated their positions or are hodling.

no news about goldman or investment banks holding any. regular banks and pension funds don't hold any.

Goldman and JP hold and buy as much as they can we've had plenty of insiders talk about this in detail

Can anyone provide any link or article institional money plan to enter or it is just a meme ?

They're going to use binance to buy chainlink. 1000$ eoy

Do you really think you'll get a rational response here? /Biz is for nolambos and get rich quick fags, not real investors, who deal with real world issues, and understand how institutions work. They believe someone at Goldman Sachs can just buy a billion dollars of Bitcoin without having to go before his bosses with a proposal and a business case for making the investment. (All it would take is one look at the chart for Bitcoin for over a year, and that person will be cleaning out his desk within the hour) They want to believe that, because they're desperate. They will believe anything, that gives them hope that their lambo is coming. If you tell them Area 51 has aliens who are going to invest in Bitcoin, they'd believe you. Because they have to - because without their fantasies, they have to go back to being NEET losers with no hope. Bitcoin was a brief shining moment for them to escape their mental illness. They've even managed to convince themselves that having a job is a bad thing, and some plot of the vague, boogeymen JOOZ. That's serious mental illness, right there.
Crypto has been a grand experiment, that failed. Institutions have investors and employees and customers to answer to, crypto serves them no purpose, and as BoffA said, it's detrimental to their industry. They can't just throw billions of dollars of customers money on an asset that can lose 10% of it's value in 5 minutes - if the stock market was that volatile, they'd be out of business, as nobody would trust their money with them. Institutions sell percentages. Relatively stable percentages. Crypto is not stable. Institutions are definitely sniffing around the market, and exchanges seem to be where all the action is, but Goldman Sachs and Citigroup and all the rest are not making a huge buy-in any time soon, if ever, because there's no business model for it, and their customers would sue the living shit out of them if their 401ks were suddenly holding cryptocoins.

Google "Novogratz cryptocurrency"

To finish my thoughts, because fuck this ancient technology based forum code, if anyone is telling you "big institutional money coming" is either irrational, or they're selling you something, like that multilevel marketing scammer Marius, who wants to sell you his crypto hints and strategies for the low, low price of $20 USD.

They will use QASH and the worldbook which are designed specifically for institutional investors.

ETFs

They already HAVE the network. And they control all of it. Why would they put their money into a network they don't control, and by it's very design, can never control unless they change the very essence of the network? If they were to buy in and take over, they're locking YOU out, which is what you don't want.

This is why I laugh at the "institutional" money thing - why would they throw their shekels into a system they don't own, when the one they do own works perfectly well, and EVERYONE uses?

It's common sense.

institutional money usually has a portion of its funds in volatile assets, crypto is perfect for that once regulation is up and running. Mind you that is a relatively small amount of money but still trillions collectively.

jury is still out on crypto being an experiment moron.

Attached: dumbjak.jpg (645x773, 56K)

Once they have some sort of way to link their legacy systems to the blockchain world and securely validate and feed off-chain data into smart contracts

The "insiders" are full of shit. You believe because you want it to be true.

institutional money is already accumulating, they bought in at 6k and 7k

LOL. You're fucking ADORABLE.

>premined
No

The fantasy is strong with this one.

They're not, it's a dumb meme created by desperate people who got in late hoping to get the same ACTUAL moon mission that early BTC adopters got.

But that train came and went. Even IBM is giving their blockchain's away for free now.

This shit is almost worthless bro

big buyers buy OTC
if they try to buy millions of dollars worth of crypto they're going to experience major slippage

I don't know about the whole institutional money thing

That's exactly what I'm thinking and I'm slowly believing this "institutional money is coming" is just a meme.

If no one can provide a tangible proof or info that institutional money are coming, then this is a pure fantasy to make yourself good.

Sigh. This is what I was afraid was the case. I didn't sell ATH couple months ago and now I'm stuck holding these bags. So I'm fucked aren't I? Is there any reason for another bull run to actually happen this time around?

This and they will make me filthy rich doing so

It's obvious. You can smell the desperation, and see the memes get created - it gets posted here, and in less than 15 minutes someone is repeating it in the Bitmex trollbox as "An insider told me..." I proved it to myself by starting a meme, that got parroted over there. It's easy.

The reality is, if institutional money was coming in, they'd be changing the infrastructure to make their investment more stable - like opening the roadblocks to retail, and to making bitcoin an environment that has an actual use for people. If institutional money was looking for a safe harbor, why crypto, and not gold? Or petro dollars? Or diamonds? What makes sense for crypto, at the institutional level?

Nothing.

And, if you're bored, track down the claim of institutional money - it always tracks to some user larping, or scammer like that Marius dude, who's selling his ebook. Guys like that are common everywhere, in real estate, stocks, penny stocks, whatever - they're selling their book, not the actual commodity. Nobody makes money flipping houses anymore, they make money selling books and conferences teaching how, to suckers. This market is now just like any other, and the only action is from the scammers.
Remember, the same people here claiming "institutional" money is coming, are the same ones who claimed "This happens every year", "This is just teh Chinese New Year", "All those Wall Street bonuses are coming", and are still claiming all the tax refund checks are being sunk into crypto.

It's all memes. ALL OF IT. Alt coins are the biggest meme of all, it's the .com scam all over again - create a website with a bullshit business plan, sell it for millions. Link to me is Pets.com - there was a time, people believed in that, too. Or Enron. Or Maddow. Or Beanie Babies. Or tulips. Even if bitcoin crashes to 0, there will still be true believers here hanging on, promising it's coming back, any day now!
I just laugh when they get angry at me.

Welp, this all sounds correct. I'm just sad I didn't get the moon mission as well. I cashed out some decent gains, so I guess it's alright. Alright thanks for your insight user.