If I have a GPA below 3.0 should I just end it?

If I have a GPA below 3.0 should I just end it?

>GPA
What is this American meme I keep hearing about?

Absolutely not. Solve whatever problem is keeping you from getting good grades.

It's pretty much equivalent to the make and model of Mercedes u can afford in ur track-pants-suited country

Grade point avarage. So just an average of the grades. Somehow they manage to turn something like [math]\frac{3A + 1B + 1C}{5}[/math] into a rational number between 1 and 4.

Take an off year and work. when you get back into the classroom you will be 1000x more motivated to do well so you don't have to work shit jobs anymore. I had bad grades, and knew that a good education would let me go where i wanted to go but blew dicks in school because lazy fuck. An off year was a dose of reality that kicked my ass into gear. Also it gives you spending money to blow

The exact opposite is true when you get a good job.

Finished an internship at Stanford and I struggle to go to lecture since it seems so moronically slow.

Luckily I dont need to unless theres a quiz...

You had a party hat when you where little, maybe if you wear a party hat now you'll have a happier life.

No, just study more. GPA isn't representative of how much you understand the content more so than how much you study.

It's only representative of the former if you study a lot and still don't get it when the test comes, which in that case, just got to tough it out. I pulled my GPA up from a 2.7 in 1st year to a 3.95 in 2nd year, (my cGPA is still shit though) so it's definitely possible.

Grade Points

A = 4
B = 3
C = 2
D = 1
F = 0

multiply the number by the "credit hours" of the course and then divide by total number of credit hours and you get a Grade Point Average.

Yeah, what this guy said. I had a 2.3 GPA and now have 3.7. Living the shit life that poor people live will motivate you to do well.

No, gpa isn't really that important unless you want to go to grad school or professional school (med school, law school, etc.). Then again, after a few years of work experience gpa begins to mean less, and generally the standardized test (GRE, LSAT, etc.) is more important.

>Have a 2.4 GPA in the chemistry department
>Work stockroom
>Best worker there, boss loves me
>2nd year into a research fellowship, professor loves me
>Name on two manuscripts so far
>Professor begs me to stay for grad school
>Whole department behind me if I want to come

GPA is a meme. Just show that you're a good student and do good work in the end when it really matters. In my case, my GPA is shit because I didn't give a fuck for my first two years, and had to play catch up ever since.

Can you actually kill yourself?

>staying in your own shitty school for graduate education

jeje

Good placement rate, and with my shit GPA I'd say an M.S. is better than no M.S.

Plus, I'm currently deep into my Japanese language education, and with an N2 and so many publications, nobody will really care which grad school I went to.

>3.0
That's about average in our department.

Internships and Research is gong to matter way fucking more for grad school/getting a job.

My department's average gpa was below 3.0. That's what you get when you do a hard major in a school with grade deflation.

>mfw I just found out I'm a 4.0 student heheh XD

dude what hell, my gpa is pretty low too.

I bombed my physics II exam today too and I need to clean up shit studying habits. Any tips or routines you guys follow? I can't afford to keep being a shitter.