Crowdsourced Morality

For those who like trolley problem memes, you'll like this site.

moralmachine.mit.edu/

Here's an example problem I had. All the questions you get will be scenarios created by other users.

Other urls found in this thread:

moralmachine.mit.edu/results/-783783381
youtube.com/watch?v=ridS396W2BY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>assigning agency to a car

Why doesn't the car just stop? It shouldn't move faster than the stopping distance (from the farthest point its sensors reach back to the car) allows it, problem solved.

t.nigger smoke degrasse tyson

If the pedestrians are walking over a green the car should be well aware of an upcoming red light and would stop in time. This is not a well thought out issue.

moralmachine.mit.edu/results/-783783381

Fuck fat people

jesus fucking christ READ THE FUCKING THING

Why doesn't it just reverse?

>switching into reverse from a high gear while going 60+ mph

This is why we need to teach auto mechanics to kids in high school.

The car should protect those in the vehicle first and foremost.

Why? Those people in the vehicle bought the car and should assume the risk if something in the car goes wrong. No doubt the people in the car should be killed over innocent pedestrians.

Squash the males because the females can have kids and replace them.

>le female can go find a male to have a child with
And the male can go find a female to have a child with, are you literally or figuratively retarded?

But males can bring more progress to society and fertilize a shit ton of women.

>drive car toward a crowd of people
>turn autopilot on last second
>car runs them all over instead of putting me down
it was le car's fault xD

Which is why, faced with a crowd of 21 men and 21 women, it is better to kill 20 men and 1 woman than 20 women and 1 man.

this. you buy the thing because if whatever futuristic reasoning dictates that you can't just drive the thing, you take the hit if it fails, not the innocent people unfortunate enough to share the environment with your dumb ass.

but as a STEMfag I gotta say autopilot is a stupid idea without a fail-safe braking system. Like a low-low gear the transmission can dump into to slow it. The car can sacrifice itself to save a few people.

DON'T YOU GET IT WE ARE ALL GUILT SIMPLY BY BEING STUCK IN BECOMING: "DID I ASK THEE TO MOULD ME, MAKER," NO, WE ARE CONDEMNED FROM BEFORE THE MOMENT WE BREATHE ALREADY WE ARE CONSUMING IN THE WOMB THE FLESH OF OTHERS AND WE ARE TAUGHT THAT IT IS GOOD BUT WE CAN NOT RECONCILE THAT WITH THE FACT THAT THE NUGGETS WERE LITTLE CHICKS TOO, BUT THIS WE ALSO FORGET IN THE BANALITY OF EXISTENCE AND ITS FLUCTUATING YET PERMANENT CONSCIOUSNESS

Yeah, because a man can spread his seed on 20 females at the same time, while a woman can't receive another successful cumshot without waiting 9 months

Why would anyone have a self-driving car? Why even have a death machine? I walk everywhere (and live in a rural area so city and suburban fags have no excuse) and I haven't killed anyone.

>buying a self driving car
For what purpose? Driving is fun.

The car should do whatever it can to protect the lives of the passengers (unless it's animals vs humans).

I would never buy a self-driving car knowing it would rather kill me than swerve into a few people.

There is a crosswalk, so obviously they are in town. The car most certainly would not be going 60+mph

Also doesn't the car have an emergency brake? Do people forget you can use the emergency brake in an emergency and not just to park your car??

Switching into reverse while moving at all will completely fuck your car and you will lose control. Going over 15mph you will no longer have control of the car. Speed was not the point here.

RIP me

It really just can stop.

I mean, they have invented emergency brakes that literally stop a semi-truck on a dime.

youtube.com/watch?v=ridS396W2BY

Do you really think a self-driving car of the future wouldn't have similar technology?

Then don't buy a self driving car.

This might in some twisted way make sense if the human race was near extinction, but there are 7 billion of us and there are talks over overpopulation problems. You opened the ethical black box by mentioning that, and unfortunately for your argument it would make sense to kill 20 women to not speed up population growth.

For a very long time now "emergency brakes" have been only intended to be used as parking brakes. They usually have a small drum attached to the rear wheels. You might be able to get your car to stop if you pull hard and long enough, but it will be way slower than your main brakes.

the passengers of the car should assume the risk and fault of anything going wrong with the car. the pedestrians in the cross walk are innocent in this matter. the gender of anyone involved should not matter whatsoever.