Worked as a sushi chef for a year at a ok conveyor-belt place

>worked as a sushi chef for a year at a ok conveyor-belt place
>left to be a electrician for my uncle when they cut all the non-management staff to part-time to avoid giving us insurance
>got tired of being an electrician and applied to red robins for FOH or chef

>1st interview: Most of your shifts will be on line cook but we can do some busser as well

>2nd interview: Oh a lot of shifts will actually be as a dishwasher, but you'll still get time on the line

>3rd interview/orientation: Yeah you're going to be a dishwasher full-time for the first couple months at least

What really did it for me was the other 3 people at the orientation were teenagers with a lot less experience that were all starting in FOH roles. I was the only dishwasher, and it was going to pay minimum wage. Walked out the door. Why do places do this ruse of "Yeah, totally, we'll give you that job". Just be honest about what you need.

It's corporate culture. It basically exists only to break your spirits by giving you the runaround at all times.

It's liberal culture. Corporate culture would be quite upfront.

Liberal culture is about giving all the best jobs/pay to your friends so you can slack off and circlejerk while on the clock.

No one would ever take the job at the pay being offered if they were told the truth up front. They hope that, since you've invested time in them already, you'll say fuck it and stick around long enough for them to recoup the cost of the time they wasted looking at you. Get the fuck out of the service industry and learn a skill. Good luck.

Why do people take service industry when they can do trade construction?

The only requirememt is showing up on time and working your ass off.

>Quit being electrician to be a cook

lul kek your doing it wrong as fuck

My uncle kept fucking me over and I don't really enjoy the work. I'm working at Nintendo now so its probably for the best that red robin tried to honeydick me.

>"Liberal" is a catchall for anything and everything even slightly disagreeable

Nice alt-right may may back to your containment board, trash.

How's that new Zelda?

wow fatshaming, how terrible

It's OK when they're flyovers.

>back to your containment board
I'll tell you this for your own good. We have been getting raided by /leftypol/ and they even managed to get janitors and a mod on staff who keeps deleting threads he finds disagreeable (this isn't a conspiracy, there is plenty of evidence if you want to go look)

what I'm trying to get at is we are perfectly happy shitposting over there, but if your people keep making that difficult and delete our threads, expect us to bleed out all over the rest of the site.

choose your future

Its a fucking cooking and food board you autist.

so be it

Or, could it be that you people are simply shit and the rest of the world is moving on around you?

He probably works in customer service and can't answer anything beyond what they give him.
It's Veeky Forums, dipshit.
>rest of the world is moving on around you
Trump is getting voted in tomorrow.
What was that about moving on again?

>brexit
>trump
>italy voted NO!
>right wing candidate in france is winning
>trudeau is being impeached

I know you dinosaurs are afraid, but we are the future

>All my flyover friends and family love Cheeto Hitler!

And everyone outside of Shitwater, Arkansas know he's a joke. Especially the rest of the world. All the more reason why the world is moving on. The small-town baby boomers who voted him in will be dead soon.

>Dinosaurs

kek this is who voted Cheeto Hitler in.

I'm perfectly happy if you continue to refuse to take us seriously. It's making our takeover that much easier.

>OUr takeover

You're not in the fucking club. Not by a long shot. Trump has already about-faced on so many issues. He used the dimwitted to get elected. His reign will be a new dawn for big business and corporate interests only, at the expense of the brain dead flyovers who elected him. You think he will do fuck all for you? Oh my sweet summer cuck.

>Trump has already about-faced on so many issues
no he hasn't. You are believing the MSM when they say "sources tell us". That's what they say when they are literally making shit up but don't want to be sued for libel since it allowed them plausible deniability when the "facts" are wrong
there is a reason even CNN is willing to admit less than 10% of the public trusts the MSM
remember, these are the people that showed you polls every single day with clinton double digits ahead, gave trump a less than 2% chance of winning.

and then big surprise he won by a landslide on election night. Wasn't a surprise to me, only people like you who believe the lies you are fed.
>His reign will be a new dawn for big business and corporate interests only
that makes even less sense since clinton is the one that was backed by big business and global banks, not trump

>wahhhh everyone I don't like is Hitler, abloo bloo bloo
When he starts firing up the ovens and gassing Muslims, maybe I'll start listening, but right now Obama has killed more muzzies than Trump ever will.
>the world is moving on
Which is exactly why world leaders started calling Trump to congratulate him and set up improved US relations right? You're a fucking joke.

>working at nintendo
Doing what?

If your uncle was shorting you you're probably very easy to take advantage of.

or maybe just a really shitty uncle

>leave being an electrician to go back to being a cook
>now I work at nintendo

I don't believe you

Moreso for the first part than the latter.

give me a second, il post proof

>Get the fuck out of the service industry and learn a skill.

>left to be a electrician

HUUURRRDUURRRRHURHURHURRRDURRRF

I don't have proof of my time as a sushi chef, so you'll have to take my word on that.

Find another job to be an electrician in instead of working for your uncle, working at a restaurant chain is one of the worst moves you can ever make

If I was in an apprenticeship (read: not an actual electrician) and they screwed me like that before I was too far down the pipeline I would bail too.

Your nephew keeps talking like he's hot shit about all these video games, you should have a talk with him and set him straight.

I applied at a bakery the other day, over 4 years experience under my belt. I was going to be baker, part time, as backup for the one that was already there. I was fine with that.

1st Interview: Yeah that's awesome, I love your experience. You'll only be baking.
2nd Interview: Can you work the front end too? And make sandwiches. That's mostly what we need.
3rd Interview/Orientation/First day: Yeah you're only going to be making sandwiches. We don't need a baker.

The baker in the back actually asked why I was even here. That someone with my experience was getting fucked over. Dude said I'd have a better time working at Wal-Mart.

Pretty fucking pissed about that. Finished my first shift and walked out.

>electrical trainee

found your problem

theres a huge difference between being a trainee, aka a fucking bitchboy toolbox dragger, and being a licensed electrician

Things like this happen because the employer expects the position to be open soon and tries to get out ahead of the gap like a stupid cunt. Could be a lot of reasons for this: They think the person currently in won't last, that they'll fire them, or maybe they legit were going to leave at some point but then called it off at the last minute.

By that point the company has hired you and if it's corporate, is on the hook for you, so they invent shit to make you quit OR falsify something so they can fire you. And if you actually stick it out as a dishwasher, hey, new dishwasher.

user, PLS TELL ME IF THE SWITCH IS GOING TO BE GOOD OR NOT

I CAN'T HANDLE THE /V/ SHITPOSTING

Where the fuck do you guys find these minimum wage service jobs that require THREE interviews? Is this a brit thing

It's a corporate thing. I had 2 interviews and then had to take a test to work as a cashier at a grocery store.

It was my first job. It made me so fucking miserable that three years later I was diagnosed with clinical depression and had to go on meds