>>8384487

I'm post-post-post-postism.

I'm glad, postmodernism is a largely materialistic and amoral view on the world that has penetrated its way into Western society and made everyone narcissistic and selfish. The next stage will have to be a spiritual reawakening that restores the humanity we have lost over the past 50 years.

religion is changed forever, embrace that.

Just because it's changed doesn't mean that being an atheist is not arrogant. Denying that there are things and forces outside of human cognition is the same as saying that you know every function of the universe.

Religion was changed when Jesus delivered his message and it is very likely to change again in the future. Over 2000 years the message has been corrupted and used to its opposite effect, but enlightenment is truly possible in any generation.

I'm not an atheist. I believe the universe is god.

You think people weren't narcissistic or selfish back in the good ol' days? You think you're a spiritually enlightened individual decrying the immorality of the modern age? Come on, man, think. This is how history really works: Ideas change, people stay the same.

I've read a lot of stupid things on Veeky Forums, but this might be the stupidest.

Why is it stupid?

>being a pantheist
>not being a panentheist

You're not thinking hard enough if you think that post-modernism is materialist. Does SJW-ism have anything to do with material?

>Equating denial of objects and forces outside human cognition with atheism.
>Basically equating rationalism with atheism, when the opposite is empiricism, which helped birth scientism

due to recent interactions on this board, I can tell you that there has been a big influx of shitposting in the form of "you're stupid" without any sort of explanation.
Suprising becuase I would expect people who are well read and have taken courses in literature to be explanatory as a knee jerk reaction or a gut instinct.

But people will just post "no" or "shits stupid/wrong"

I believe this to be lit trolling
I don't think they are any more invested in your thread, your post, or general discussion than they were invested in typing out such a simple reply.

It might just be one guy. Or a group in collusion with each other.
Either way their shit is way more stupid than mine.

Of course rationalism taken to its descartian solipsist extreme, and empiricism taken to its positivist scientism extreme.

The semantics would suggest that God created and sustains the universe, but isn't the universe (but also it), it's really just different clubs getting pissed off at each other though.

I believe the same brother.

yikes dude

that's a fucking cool sculpture

Any idea where that demonic sculpture is located?

looks like its right behind the pope

absolutely it does

sjw-ism keeps the money flowing

buy the pride flag vodka, faggot

> Crying of Lot 49, White Noise
> These are texts which are just coming to grips with the existence of rock music and television; they mostly do not dream even of the possibility of the technology and communications media – mobile phones, email, the internet, computers in every house powerful enough to put a man on the moon – which today’s undergraduates take for granted.

What a fucking hack.

Not trolling but Veeky Forums will kill post-modernism. I don't care what some pseudo from Exeter has to say.

The next generation of writers will have come to terms with Veeky Forums. They will have a better understanding of post-modernism and what comes after than anyone in academia.

The problem is that academia deliberately asks the wrong questions so that they don't have to worry about the answers.