What books would you recommend for an INTP master race?

What books would you recommend for an INTP master race?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w5evDUOVYuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Atlas Shrugged
How to Make Friends and Influence People
48 Laws of Power
Art of War

INFP here

There is literally nothing better than ENTP

true masterrace

a book that talks about how these personality tests are a bullshit pseudo-science and how jung was a hack in general, probably

I'm INTJ but I'd suck at all those jobs because I'm weak in math

acknowledging it's as you phrase it " a bullshit pseudo-science" is one thing, however it brings a sense of self assurance similar to Astrology.

I don't care lol

ENTP reporting in.

>similar to Astrology.

>A category analysis based on interests and beliefs
vs
>2000 years ago, people who were born in the month you were had stars in a certain part of the sky

not the process, the desired effect

tfw ISTP

>studies backed with empirical data are psuedo-science
>not realizing these are average career choices among the groups, not indefinite
>legitimately being this fucking retarded

>not typing yourself based on Yeat's system of the Four Faculties and Four Principles

If you must designate yourself a category based on another's arbitrary semihoroscopic system. at least do it in a literary way. Yeats's system, while quite absurd and often times perfectly unintelligible, is nonetheless great fun and sometimes compelling, and does indeed add another layer of interpretation when reading his work. I believe I'm somewhere in Phases 19-23, by the way, although I'd lean especially towards Phases 21 and 22. Yeats himself was a 17. Shakespeare, Balzac, and Napoleon were all Phase 20, so I somewhat hope I belong to that Phase, but really only time can tell.

>arbitrary semihoroscopic
This is why the other boards bully us

Why is that, then? It's true. Myers-Briggs and the Giraldic Phases are both somewhat like horoscopes, but not quite. It's just that Yeats and Giraldus don't pretend not to be astrologers.

so where can I find a test that tells me where I fit in this

I doubt one exists. I think the System is rather too complex and subtle for most webmasters. It requires some serious contemplation. Just get A Vision.

INFJ books like Schopenhauer, Wittgenstein, de Beavouir, Sam Harris, Dostoevsky, Tolstoy, etc, to balance you out. Perfect pairs like batteries

>Sam Harris

Good God, why would one advocate reading that man for any reason?!

>Kant
>INTP

that's insulting desu

havent read him desu lol. Only one in there I havent, actually. I just know he's mentioned a lot (inferior extroverted sensing function innit)

Chomsky and Osama bin Laden and Hitler are INFJs though too, so cant trust em. Good call

What the fuck am I looking at

For a dose of rational stoicism.

What's the matter, user? Are you allergic to the truth?

Dont be stupid. Read up on Kant's human nature outside of his books and you know he was INTP (skipped him personally though, went straight to ISTJ Heidegger)

Descartes is C L A S S INTP though. Guy made me decide to learn more about philosophy

P.S. Bump my /PythagorasGeneral/ thread, you unregenerates. This meyersbriggs stuff is psued

Chomsky is lightyears ahead of Harris my man. Good one on 'inferior' though.

Why, Ultimate Wisdom of course! The geometrical mumbo-jumbo can mostly be ignored; Yeats does a piss-poor job of explaining it, and admits this himself. It's really not the most important part of his system.

He is merely an out-of-Phase 25: a troublemaking ideological bully who thinks he can be a freethinker, though his mind is too weak. Wisdom is not to be found there, friend.

>Implying mbti has anything to do with Jung on a more than superficial level

INFP is the most Veeky Forums personality type imo

Is this /pol/?

Regardless of whatever type Wittgenstein is, I'd reckon his books are massively INTP. Tractatus is, anyway.

OP just read any book and discover what you like..

That's INFJ actually

Watch it, bud.

Nah. That's just because INTP + INFJ clicks

inferior function for those who dont know the framework of this pseud system based off of the INFJ Jung master race lets get it (ENFP INTP ESTP INTJ will be spared)

The Myers-Briggs test is more plebeian than protesting to the Senate by assembling on Mons Sacer.

That pic is truth.
/INFJ

It all depends on where you live.

>Socrates
>Einstein
>Jesus
>Clintons

My sides.

Might as well consult a horoscope if you unironically believe in this shit

Are you me?

How To Kill Yourself and Other Shit Because You Are a Faggot.

>master race
>need others to help he form his taste

pick only one kid

/thread

Intp is just a crippled and failing entp.

E/intj isn't bad either

who else /estp/ here?

>self-report data
>psuedo-science

choose two

Same senpai. I've actually recently gotten into programming. And its endlessly fascinating. I have weak math skills because of an unfortunate school experience. However after school I used khan academy to study and I read books on the history of mathematics to spark motivation. I love how it isn't an arbitrary, opinion based, science like the arts can sometimes seem. When you finish an equation you are either right or wrong and you have proof for being so. It is so intellectually satisfying after studying music for a decade where unusual technically interesting phrases can be formally beautiful, but aesthetically dissonant.

>tfw intj but hate math
youtube.com/watch?v=w5evDUOVYuI

>still going by unscientific bullshit instead of scientifically established personality measures like the Big Five

NAFD here

not a fucking douche if you didn't know

One of my best friends is an ESTP, but he thinks reading is gay. Then again he runs his own business. You Trump/Alex the Great guys are pretty cool desu

>loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, not very altruistic, not very complimentary, would rather be friendless than jobless, observer, values solitude, perfectionist, detached, private, not much fun, hidden, skeptical, does not tend to like most people, socially uncomfortable, not physically affectionate, unhappy, does not talk about feelings, hard to impress, analytical, likes esoteric things, tends to be pessimistic, not spontaneous, prone to discontentment, guarded, does not think they are weird but others do, responsible, can be insensitive or ambivalent to the misfortunes of others, orderly, clean, organized, familiar with darkside, tends not to value organized religion, suspicious of others, can be lonely, rarely shows anger, punctual, finisher, prepared

definitely a patrician type

>not very altruistic
Fuck whomever wrote this.

>whomever

INTJ

about to fucking kill myself

I guess I'm close enough to INTP, maybe? Well, I'd actually recommend you to read Nietzsche if you're the typical stembro-like "INTP master race" nerd. Embrace the Dionysian sometimes

I'm something between INFP and ENFP (E/I always very near 50% and the balance depends on mood), the F/T part is also always very close to 50% and I think I once got classified INTP.
I can't make it out myself, either; especially the E vs I, as I can enjoy huge amounts of social stuff without being tired of it, but I can also spend months with nearly none outside my studies.

What are some quintessential isfp books/authors? Other than Proust of course.

>believes in unscientific psychological categorization

>calls himself master race

MASTER MORALITY

>implying the research is entirely made up of surveys
>implying subjective experience is irrelevant when all of science and life is experienced subjectively

but big five just tells me I'm a misanthrope

Skewered.

Is there any indictment more damning than a list of bad books?

why did that make me laugh so hard

>mfw turbulent INTJ

Should I just end it?

no but it's the most /mu/

ENTP is for autists.

ENTJ is for megautists.

There's nothing worse than the sperg who won't shut the fuck up when everyone's staring at him.

IDK t.

offt that's because INFJ has the stack Ni-Fe-(Ti) and it is the Ti that the INTP is dominant in. If you read Witty in more depth he is definitely Ni dominant with Ti in there somewhere, hence, INFJ.

ENFP reporting, though I just used a random .com site for the test

>mfw Logician
>mfw actually adhere to a Intuitionistic Relevant Logic

the last time i did this was around 3-4 years ago, and the result is still the same.
bullshite nonetheless; i assume it's more about how i see myself than how i actually am, which is of course a faggot

I don't think it's entirely bullshit. It's based on looking at people, so of course it's going to describe certain kinds of people. But that's all it does. And not in any scientific way.

but myers-briggs a shit, user

Sober: INTP
Weed: INFP
Alcohol: ESTP
Ecstasy: INFP
Acid: INFP or ENFJ
Adderal: ENFJ

>to balance you out.
what read if im infp

an interesting thing to do is bring a family member and answer the questions on your behalf
and then a close friend. keeping in mind most people are act different at home with family. so for me there are two sides plus the third side which is how You see yourself

intp guy here. i made a relative answer these for me and now i'm an ESTJ
see my point

They're staring in enraptured awe, stay jelly fag

I can attest to this but why?

Somebody wrote a long post about it but I only remember the conclusion - INFP is the GOAT type for a musician

>He's a feeler

lots of decent-to-great authors seem to be identified as INFP though (yes it may be bullshit to identify people but we're talking about a silly test for fun anyway so might as well count that in, too)

maybe its just like, an artistic type

>most of the time get INTP, sometimes get INFP
>desperately want to be artsy fartsy INFP master race, instead am autistic /r9k/ sperg INTP

Ironically, INTP is THE type that spergs out every time the mbti is mentioned.

>bullshit pseudo-science and how jung was a hack
>countless papers released about the human mind by material rationalist neuropsychologists
>dis part lites up guise LOL such braine
>actual mountains of fucking paper
>not a single qualitative discovery about anything
>IF U DAMAGE TEH CENTRE OF X U CAN NO LONGER X!!!!!!!!!111
>if you damage your larynx you can no longer speak
>language is generated in your throat

This is what autists actually believe.

>tfw frequently flip between INTP and INTJ.

I have tried a couple of those test - the result fluctuates. Sometimes I'm INFP, sometimes INFJ.

Meh.

>tfw I'm shit tier, and not a masterrace.

I'm here for you INFP brother

>tfw INFJ
>tfw I have been praised for my rhetoric
>tfw people think I am incredibly funny
>tfw I am a scheming bastard but hide it behind great banter
>tfw had to convince people that I'm a virgin

How are you enjoying programming user? What language are you starting with. I've been meaning to invest myself into it as well but don't know quiet where to start.
Also typical INTJ I've been reading a lot of economic fiction/nonfiction.

Worst part is I'm studying law, and I absolutely hate it for most reasons stated on the website. However, what I like (econ & math) also seem contrary to what I should like, but w/e.

>>most of the time get INTP, sometimes get INFP
most of the time get INFP, sometimes get INTP

wanna be analytic flossfer but feels wont let me

I want to get better at math too, mind telling me the books you read and if khan academy is a good material/substitution for my failed high school years?

Back in highschool, I was bullied and suffered major anxiety, had untreated severe ADD and couldn't do my homework or study so I nearly failed math (and physics, even though I was succeeding and was one of the best everywhere else). I just want to try and re-learn math in the hopes of studying a program at university requiring it without failing again. So any good sources for learning math up to and including linear algebra and multi variable calculus?

>tfw E/INFP
>tfw everyone somehow thinks I'm smart as heck (probably cause I read plenty and talk with plenty different people so I can hold conversations about almost anything)
>tfw everyone somehow also thinks I'm funny as heck (I do devote a lot of effort to my jokes)

>tfw yet I've a hard time really relating to people or nurturing really deep relationships
Everyone seems to take life so seriously and so... pragmatically.
On occasion I find someone who seems just right, and sometimes they really are, but often people just pretend to be something other than that.

And god damn I sounded like an angsty teenager!

>most of the time get INFP, sometimes get INTP
>wanna be analytic flossfer but feels wont let me

>100% introvert
Do you live in a fucking cave? God damn, son.

INTP, Atlas was awsome, art of war too, thanks for advice, gotta check that two books left

I am extremely anxious around people, I have like one friend, and I'm afraid to go out because I fear people will ridicule me since most of them are much better off than me. I feel inadequate around them, since it's difficult for me to follow a conversation and achieve/work as much as other people. For instance, if I have to talk to 2-3 people in a day, I need to practice in my head and memorize the exact words I'll say to them for hours, and after talking to them I'm completely exhausted and can't do anything else. And when I talk with someone, or listen to someone, I feel overloaded, I need 100% of my comprehension ability to follow what they say, and, because of that, I can't think of what to answer if they say something I wasn't expecting. Like, if you ask my age or a stranger ask me what time it is, it might take me 2 minutes to figure it out. And if someone speaks too fast, it's over for me ; it's even worse if the subject is complicated (especially if there are multiple variables involved) - for me to understand, you would have to write it down so I can read it.

Also, it's really difficult for me to trust people ; I need to feel like they won't hurt me or aren't morally dubious for me to talk to them. Hence, why I'm an introvert on Veeky Forums since, instead of going out, I just read.

Pretty much how one becomes 100% introvert.