How to really know if your own writing is good? Other peoples comments on it dont really matter much...

How to really know if your own writing is good? Other peoples comments on it dont really matter much, even getting published isnt all that objective since their criteria is mostly if it will make money. How to know if you're good?

I feel bad for her.

I feel bad that I'll never hug her.

wow she is c u t e :3
shes just taking a pic with him not actually dating him right?

How do you tell if any writing is good? Read it yourself. If you can't make a judgement on a given piece of writing then you probably shouldn't be writing in the first place.

Basically this, but then of course there are plenty of hacks who think they're hot shit.

I'll hug you user

You won't and even if you did, I don't want dudes to hug me

I have a feminine penis.

Feminine or not, it's a penis, sorry

but only women have feminine penises.

As far as i’m concerned, if you write something that you get published, and it then makes money which you use to pay the bills, you’re a good writer.

lol

Its interesting and thought provoking

umm... Mods?

kafka and many other authors weren't appreciated until long after they died. I feel like you're saying things without understanding the question.

if making money isn't your goal then your writing should always be getting better but never be "good." your skill as a writer is an enormous stone that you will chisel away at the rest of your life.

take some writing courses. and people's CONSTRUCTIVE criticism does matter...as long as it's from someone who reads a shitload of good stuff. you'll need to read a lot too. but becoming a good writer means learning how to critique literature well...which brings me back to either taking courses or joining a book or writers club of some sort. even if you read other people's shit that you don't like...at least you'll be aware of shit to avoid in your own writing. maybe you'll discover things you didn't realize you were doing...maybe you'll discover things you never thought of trying in your own material etc etc

sorry user but fatty probably gives her the d

Go to bed Stephen King.

Alpha as fuck

Wish I had game like him.

>hes just taking a pic with him not actually dating him right?
I know some fat dude who recently got married to an attractive lady. If I was to give him the benefit of the doubt she likes him for his sense of humor because he never shuts up. He's always cracking jokes 24/7. Sometimes it gets on my nerves. But maybe she likes that sort of thing.

Maybe he's a cuck.

Conformation bias that's why the OP asked

My mum says I write good.

Did you take that picture?

for some reason i find this depressing

sauce

Not to mention Dunning-Kruger...

OP if you don't know what makes writing good, how can you say whether or not peoples' comments or being published do or do not validate a work?

your writing should be as swift as blades rumaging through the thinly spread veins of a timeful lady

wew.

Stop emphasizing the "constructive" before criticism and pay attention when someone says your work it bad.

>Literal 300 pound lard-ass has a smooth as fuck wife

This type of feel was uncalled for. I just realized how much of a loser I am, and now I feel the sudden urge to drink a bottle of whiskey.

why do you people think she's attractive

she's a disgusting old hag

user instead of using bad coping mechanisms why don't you invest that alcohol money in stocks, make a cool million, and then charm some nice young woman of your own?

>her

Well, first you'd need to agree on what makes writing good and then analyse whether your writing hits the criteria, or let another person analyse it.

Publishing is a good sign that there is some appeal in your drivel at least, and time seems like the best method to filter a works worth. If whatever you wrote is still relevant a century after your death, it's probably pretty good.

The fatass was most likely bullied half his life and learned to cope with it by developing a sense of humour instead of wasting time getting drunk.

>nobody but you will ever fully appreciate your 575 thousand word mario trollfic
fucking retards :)