Have you ever met an actual child prodigy? How good was he?

Have you ever met an actual child prodigy? How good was he?

*introduces myself*

ask me anything

What are you good at?

maths

I self taught programming at 12 and calculus 1&2 from 14-15

So you're just the king of brainlets?

you forgot the sire at end, thegn

>implying everyone on Veeky Forums isn't a child prodigy
fuck off brainlet

this is literally a prerequisite to post on this board.

>self-taught programming at 12
>prodigy

12 hours after conception nigga

I did that too, in 1983. No Google to cheat with, no computer to connect with the world wide web that didn't exist yet, for that matter.

>Get on my level

Whoa, settle down there Gramps. You know the doctor said not to get angry at people on the internet or your heart might give out again.

>implying I had anything but man pages
old age and failure has clearly done your nut in, grandad

I've met child prodigies in music, especially violin. A lot of them I met simply just developed the connection
"Oh, I like this, if I do it a lot and practice correctly, I'll get good."

Talking to them was similar to speaking to a normal adult, their social cues and gestures weren't that of a child but a 30 year old. Besides autistic savants (literally not Veeky Forums's definition), my experience is that their social maturity is also significantly greater. Maybe it's a music thing given their exposure to adults though.

Yeah I met Mozart

Rofl

I haven't met any, but my elementary teacher(s) treated me a if I was going to become the next genius. She introduced me to all the branch teachers when I was in 1st grade, sent me to "knowledge competitions", made me take an IQ test (which I doubt was legit). All because I was faster than others at grasping English and because I was able to do basic math that was more complex than what they taught at 1st and 2nd grade, and because I could recite some stuff I heard on Natgeo or discovery channel about astronomy.
After elementary it turned out that to be succesfull you actually did have to work, so I just stopped seeming "genius" (naturally) and people around me just stopped caring.
I think a true genius would need less of an environmental support to keep being a genius. And if one's lazy, no matter how smart he is, whatever genius he has is going to waste.
Now I am a [spoiler]linguistics[/spoiler] major and am looking forward to the day where I'll just settle at my village and do nothing until the day I die.

went to class with a guy who did maths four grades above his age. he did functional analysis at age 17 iirc.

>HE

This unequivocally has to be the case of almost everyone here that starts an IQ thread.

Who here at UWaterloo has met the 12 year old?