Why are people's IQs rising? Redpill me on the Flynn effect. Is it bullshit (bad tests)? Or some epigenetic shit?

Why are people's IQs rising? Redpill me on the Flynn effect. Is it bullshit (bad tests)? Or some epigenetic shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9vpqilhW9uI
theguardian.com/education/2016/sep/27/james-flynn-race-iq-myths-does-your-family-make-you-smarter
youtube.com/watch?v=EJsD-3jtXz0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the government is spraying iq shit from planes

>better diet/ more iodine
>greater access to education
>increasing familiarity with topics covered in IQ test through education and cultural habits

actually pretty close.
according to youtube videos, the ammount of lead in hosing in the new houses has dropped to near 0. sure, its making a resurgence despite being highly illegal, but that's only in poor ppl's houses!
but hey, so are CFCs according to the latest research!

>>increasing familiarity with topics covered in IQ test through education and cultural habits
This is all.

>iodine
>iodine quotient
kekked
This is what I suspected, but it doesn't explain the HUGE difference. 1 standard deviation is not due to familiarity and training.

>gets 2 answers
ignores them both
stay classy

>Or some epigenetic shit
first of all it very well may be
>shit
but science just doesn't work like that. why don't you go back to studying computer science?
>Redpill me
or whatever inbred hole you crawled out of.

What? I acknowledged them all except the CFC one because I had to google it.

Probably better nutrition, less lead exposure. Possibly increased education.

I knew the redpill would be frowned upon but I decided to not change my vernacular for the Veeky Forums crowd. Thanks for the non answer though.

"There is debate about whether the rise in IQ scores also corresponds to a rise in general intelligence, or only a rise in special skills related to taking IQ tests. Because children attend school longer now and have become much more familiar with the testing of school-related material, one might expect the greatest gains to occur on such school content-related tests as vocabulary, arithmetic or general information. Just the opposite is the case: abilities such as these have experienced relatively small gains and even occasional decreases over the years."

Intelligence is dependent on intropersonal personality dimensions. The new ages encourage these intelligent types of personalities, increasing IQ.

lead would seem to account for an decrease of ridicously retarded people, that and better pregnancy care procedures, since its certainly not migration to cities, or could be since education is earier to get.

i would expect IQs to be higher in countries with better education such as norway

its really hard to think of anything else, since on the ground level people seem to be getting dumber. but everything seems dim once youve seen the light of the sun so...

W-What if we are evolving more quickly than we think?

I just see people getting dumber and dumber each year

>Education increases IQ
How to find a retard on Veeky Forums

The real reason is because mutations that encourage higher intelligence are becoming more widespread in the human population.

>Partying, drinking and being around attractive ladies means you are dumb

I think somebody might be just a little bit jealous

why? I have been invited to those parties a million times and I never go

>attractive ladies

people are trying to be smarter and are more aware of how IQ tests work

They are not.

Standards are dropping.

I fail to see how it means they are stupid

And they are quite attractive considering the real world. Not everything can look like our hentai comics

Can't you fucking read, you fucking idiot? He clearly says that the IQ tests are losing accuracy, because people get more familiar with them, and not that they are actually becoming more intelligent. For example, in many of those "which is the missing piece" type questions the pattern is just rotation or XORing two images or something, so you can just start by brute-force trying those.

>normal distribution
>people's IQs rising
Your statement doesn't atleast apply to you

Unlike you, I've actually been in the real world, and two of those three women have ugly faces, and one is fat. I can't really tell if the woman in the middle is attractive or not, because she is in a retarded position, and half of her face is hidden behind her hair.

I think I'm pro at statistics, bu tactually am not.jpeg

More white people are being born now than ever before.

Society is a good 30 IQ points dumber all across the board than it was 100 years ago. This is evidenced by the fact that the smartest people we have create and administer these IQ tests and keep fucking it up which is why everyone's IQ score is inaccurately so high. They didn't fuck up the IQ tests 100 years ago, they got it right back then.

You should write that text as one piece, you pro memer

Education does increase IQ though pleb

I did, originally, but it was illegible. I could have used underscores, but I was like fuck it.

>born in le wrong generation

we dont adjust the standard we are measuring everyone to.

implicit eugenics.
certain regulation is made that has a implied effect on some factors that create an environment in which smart people thrive and letting them breed with eachother.
making the smart kids smarter.
but these regulations also neglect weak groups causing chaos to settle down on their kind and effectively creating the possibility for them to kill eachother, which is then bound to happen automaticcally.

This.

its all just some manupulations of parameters in baysian networks

youtube.com/watch?v=9vpqilhW9uI

low iq brainlets do badly.

high iq brainbuffs do well.

/thread

>science thread
>everyone posting "this idea sounds good" theories based on nothing

fuck all of you low IQ shitheads.

"Hurr, it's because epigenetics spread which increase intelligence!"

Everyone is just posting semi-plausible explanations with no data, statistics, or factual information to back it up. You all belong on /x/ if you don't understand what science is and how it allows us to improve our ideas of how the world works.

actually the opposite, low IQ people breed more and at younger ages.

But "Muh idea of how shit works" is more important than knowing statistics or studies related to what you are talking about. Stupid fucking piece of shit I hope you die of cancer after your entire family and all friends are diagnosed with it.

ENTIRE FUCKING THREAD IS FULL OF RETARDS

I WISH YOU ALL DIED

WHY THE FUCK DO YOU RETARDS THINK YOU ARE WORTHY OF POSTING ON A BOARD CALLED SCIENCE?

NONE OF YOUR POSTS ARE INTELLIGENT AT ALL.

FUCKING SUB 130 IQ SHITHEADS.

BLOW YOUR BRAINS OUT

HOW DO YOU GET 35+ POSTS INTO A THREAD AND NO ONE CITES ANY INFORMATION WHATSOEVER. WHEN EVERYTHING IS JUST "OPINION I GAINED COMPLETELY RANDOMLY".

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAINS

GO SPEND A MINUTE AND READ A DEFINITION OF SCIENCE.

This is probably the answer the "scientific community"
>soft sciences lmao
will settle on. It's just lead. It's all attributable to lead in houses. Or gas. Or pipes. Anywhere. Lead, a single factor that totally explains it.

>don't look outside the US
>don't look outside the West.

Good point. There are few if any people from social sciences and there works an effect when any bullshit from not your science sounds legit.

>there works an effect when any bullshit from not your science sounds legit.

nice sentence shitbrains

>Why are people's IQs rising?

Can you honestly look at the world and say that is the case?

Education does increase IQ scores

theguardian.com/education/2016/sep/27/james-flynn-race-iq-myths-does-your-family-make-you-smarter

Here is a recent interview with James Flynn

He explains better than all the retarded posts in this shitty low IQ thread.

Let's see what flynn says.

But a sentence from his new book is nagging away at me. American blacks, it says, “come from a cognitively restricted subculture”.
Are we too clever for our own good?
Read more

This is hugely sensitive territory because, while it may be good to say genes don’t make people stupid, it isn’t so good to tell anyone their way of life does. Flynn, however, makes no apologies. “It’s whites, not blacks, who complain,” he says. “Blacks know the score. Facts are facts.” On recorded IQ tests, he says, African Americans have persistently lagged behind [pdf] most other ethnicities in America [pdf] (including, according to some commentators, black immigrants from, for example, the Caribbean) and this cannot be explained by the Flynn effect since, as he puts it, “blacks don’t live in a time warp”.

He then tells what sounds like a version of those dodgy jokes about the Irishman, the Scotsman and the Englishman. Except this isn’t a joke. “Go to the American suburbs one evening,” says Flynn, “and find three professors. The Chinese professor’s kids immediately do their homework. The Jewish professor’s kids have to be yelled at. The black professor says: ‘Why don’t we go out and shoot a few baskets?’”

As I emit a liberal gasp, he continues: “The parenting is worse in black homes, even when you equate them for socio-economic status. In the late 1970s, an experiment took 46 black adoptees and gave half to black professional families and half to white professionals with all the mothers having 16 years of education. When their IQs were tested at eight-and-a-half, the white-raised kids were 13.5 IQ points ahead. The mothers were asked to do problem-solving with their children. Universally, the blacks were impatient, the whites encouraging. Immediate achievement is rewarded in black subculture but not long-term achievement where you have to forgo immediate gratification.”

I always thought the twin studies showed no improvements either way in IQ regardless of white/black parenting

>lol it was culture and parenting all along XDD racism btfo :DDD

I want you to explain how a very relevant percent of the white inventors and scientists (see: everyone born pre-20th century) have been living in absolutely horrendous environments and very likely in abusive families, coupled with literal yearly wars, famines and what not, and still managed to "be" smart and invent our modern civilization.

On the other hand, the blacks who have shit handled right to them and live in far, FAR better conditions than those primal ones STILL fail to invent even the most basic stuff and statistically, do far less for society than white people in poverty-ridden countries, like Russia and Eastern Europe, who are very underpreviledged compared to them yet still continue to invent and have high IQs. Why does that happen?

Wait, no, let me guess:

>fuck off to nazi XDDDDD

k

Dude what a sign of maturity, you sure showed me and devastated me with the dismissal of your superior "ok" reply. I feel like a total fool right now.

Still waiting for the counter-argument tho

Yeah by the time they reach adolescence there's virtually no difference.

I recall someone else remarking on this in the 1800s, not with an adoption studybof course but just anecdotal observations about the curiosity of black african children vs black adults

lol
I bet regardless of what you say
>blacks have low IQ because of genes
>blacks have low IQ because of culture
you are going to be labeled racist.'
how do the studies look based on income though?

>actually the opposite, low IQ people breed more and at younger ages.
not true thanks to abortion among other things.

only true in 3rd world shit holes.

we are in a way, our memes are evolving

youtube.com/watch?v=EJsD-3jtXz0

I hadn't realized this.

This is the most autistic thing I have read in weeks, and I read an email from my autistic cousin yesterday.

It seems there are two factors. Most people who lived so much dificulties and had to overcome them with dedication and planification, as you said, are successful in the society.

Nevertheless, a pseudoscience arcticle won't determine someone's genes. Sorry.

IQ is decreasing now due to dysgenic effects such as high taxes and the welfare state, which puts burdens on the higher IQ middle and upper classes and allows the lower IQ "working" (kek) class to have more resources and breed more. A lot of these poor people happen to be African Americans and Hispanics, who on average have lower IQs (85 and ~90 respectively).
Feminism also has dysgenic effects, the fact that women are encouraged to focus on careers rather than raise a family means that women (especially white women) from upper and middle class societies aren't breeding and passing on their genes.

>high taxes, welfare and feminism
>implying the sheer time investment in getting a good education and job isn't the problem
>implying the sheer expense of good child care isn't the problem
>implying political and economic policies isn't the problem
>I don't know what the fuck I saying the post

Every first world country have low native birth rates because of these issues. Because Whites also invest the most in these two sectors (i.e. private education, extra curricular programs for kids, post undergrad careers) within the U.S. they also take the biggest hit birthrate wise.

In the meantime the African American population hasn't seen any real growth since the 80's. They've maintain roughly the same population percentage due to pro-choice programs and higher than average mortality rates. The Hispanic population on the other hand only see serious growth from immigration (which is partly why conservatives take such issue with it).

You are right that feminism may have a higher dysgenic effects on Whites but I would argue the rise in economic expenses is the major culprit. Also since you seem to not know your history please take heed it wasn't feminism that induce a major focus of career oriented women but American involved wars. The civil war depopulated men from the working class so much that women had to take up the mantle of temporary/permanent care providers (this is also where welfare got it's beginnings from since they wanted compensation for their dead husbands). WW 1 and 2 saw another depopulation of working class men which then prompted the U.S. government to ask for women to take the mantle in factory production to keep up support during the war effort.

After these three major events a steady and permanent subpopulation of career oriented women was basically guaranteed because it was baked into the culture that women not only could do the necessary jobs tasked to them but could be paid relatively less too. Feminism wasn't even really needed.

>All of China and North Korea the highest IQ
I call complete bullshit on this map. Your post is irrelevant.

Fucking grade-A parody, I laughed from beginning to end mate

Can you actually refute Flynn, directly?

Great empirical data.