Just finished reading Atlas Shrugged. AMA

Just finished reading Atlas Shrugged. AMA.

How bored were you this summer?

Do you like to cum into your panties?

Not very. I've been planning on reading since the beginning of this year.

No, because I am a not a girl, nor a faggot.

why tho?

>AMA
Are we on reddit?
WTF IS HAPPENING

I studied economics, and a lot of successful people I've met has mentioned that either it's their favorite book or have read it. Simply put, I was interested enough to find out what all the fuss was about.

>>>/Reddit/

No one on this board has actually ever read Atlas Shrugged, so I thought it'd be a good chance for me to tell you guys my thoughts on it.

The only question that matters: how many fedoras do you own?

So did it meet your expectations? How about posting some impressions instead of replying to bait.

None.

Sort of, I guess. I really enjoyed complexity of the novel and its intricate plot. There was really great character development, better than any book I've ever read-- maybe except for Don Quixote. There were pets that really drew me in, but there were also times that dragged on. Just to give you an idea, toward the end of the novel, there's a 70 page monologue. I wasn't expecting it to be a love story, either. Overall, though, I think it was worth reading. It's given me a wider perspective of business, markets, and the economy.

I'd ask you if there's a point in me reading it if I don't give a shit about nor frequent the sort of people who do read it, but...
>complexity of the novel and its intricate plot
>better than any book I've ever read-- maybe except for Don Quixote
... I'm afraid the relevance of your opinions would be invalidated by your answer to this question: have you read Pynchon?

>have you read Pynchon?

Yes, I have read him.

>There was really great character development, better than any book I've ever read-- maybe except for Don Quixote.

Felt like other than Hank (who's 'development' was very obvious and on the nose) they were all stagnant as hell. The only character who wasn't totally archetypal and obvious was Stadler, and even then just for his first couple challenges before you realize he'll do the same thing every time

>It's given me a wider perspective of business, markets, and the economy.

You claim to have studied economics but this makes me think this is all b8. I'm practically an ancap myself but Rand's perception of the world is like a cartoon

Between a coherently paced plot, genuinely interesting characters who aren't as blatantly just foils and more realistically applicable ideas, The Fountainhead's a much better book. Rand actually has some interesting things to say, especially on individualism vs collectivism but in Atlas Shrugged she comes off as insanely far up her own ass and just circlejerks the same 3 ideas over and over, I can't help but find the whole thing a waste of time

Literally the most trite thing I've read today. -_- just admit u don't know how to read

Did Dagny really have to shoot that dude?

How did you enjoy the miles upon miles of Ayn's genderbent self insert rambling for pages without interruption about the miracle of meritocracy?

And who is John Galt, anyway?

>Studies economics
>zero taste

Sounds about right

What's the longest (time) shit you've ever taken? Not "sat on the toilet on my phone for 45 minutes" but time actually spent shitting

What does 'AMA' stand for?

>pls dont call me newfag i dont need this

Aedus Merca Addendum

It's a latin joke that means "Anything you ask"

A reference to Plato's Fountainhead.

Arouse me anally.

Arouse me anally.

meme

>You claim to have studied economics but this makes me think this is all b8. I'm practically an ancap myself but Rand's perception of the world is like a cartoon

What's so surprising about this? It's not common for writers to write about the elites of society. For all I know, this is a perfectly accurate portrayal of the rich and powerful. I'm sure real world CEOs act similarly to some of the characters in the book.

>I can't help but find the whole thing a waste of time
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way.

No. She didn't have to at all. It was completely unnecessary. She was the only rescuer to actually kill any of the guards. Fuck women, I swear.

>How did you enjoy the miles upon miles of Ayn's genderbent self insert rambling for pages without interruption about the miracle of meritocracy?

For the first couple of them, I thought they were cool. But as the story progressed, the monologues started to get longer and drag on, especially John Galt's one toward the very end. Fucking hell, it was 70 pages long. After literally skimming the first 40 pages of it, I just skipped the rest of it, desu.

>And who is John Galt, anyway?
Definitely a superiorly intelligent human being. He was depicted as being super human, in just about every regard. And I think his monologue proved that. Realistically, no human could ever possibly give a speech like that one. Galt even says it took him three hours to give that speech.

Essentially, he was a philosopher and economist who realized the whole system needed to be changed, and the only way to ensure of that was by destroying it. He reminds me of something like a revolutionary Adam Smith.

No more than a whole minute, I'd say.

>reee

Who's John Galt?

And what did you take away from the experience?

How many months before a complete global economic meltdown?

>Who's John Galt

The GOAT or something

Before the year ends.

On average, how long did you read per day?

>He doesn't wear panties

Literally kill yourself, you piece of shit

Throughout the day, I normally spend at least two hours reading The Wall Street Journal. And I spend another hour or two reading literature. However, while reading Atlas Shrugged, I limited myself to reading only one chapter per day. This way, I could really reflect and think about each and every chapter. That's why it took me about two months to read.

>I'm going to read a shit novel just so I can meme on Veeky Forums that no one has read it even though it's required reading in 6th grade.
Way to go Op.
My question is: Should you kill your self?
The answer is yes.