Is beans on toast good? non brtiish here, interested in trying it. what kind of beans do they use?

is beans on toast good? non brtiish here, interested in trying it. what kind of beans do they use?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar#Spirit
mentalfloss.com/uk/weird/31164/the-great-baked-bean-war-of-the-1990s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

canned 'Heinz' baked beans. I'd suggest buying online

Dipping bread in a bowl of beans in better. Toast becomes too soggy to eat unless you want to use a knife and fork. Don't get me wrong, bread + beans is a great combo...it's just not a sandwich.

That's why you toast the bread you mongoloid

thanks. I just ordered some on amazon.

Where you from and how much were they out of interest?

usa and 26 dollars for 12 cans

before you order check your local supermarket. Mine has them in the international aisle.

Beans on toast is fucking GOAT. Top with grated cheese and black pepper.

That's a lot of cans, but it means you can try the other GOAT baked-bean food: baked potato with cheese (shredded cheddar) and beans.

I had to use branston beans once, disgusting

Heinz or nothing

grate some extra mature cheddar on top

top uni meal, lad

>beans on toast is a meal
good one guys

boston baked beans on ciabatta is divine.

It's mid-way between a snack and a meal; no different to a grilled cheese sandwich.

Grilled cheese sandwiches are for children.
You know what you have to do.

make some beans in a pressure cooker
simmer in water and tomato paste
there you go. beans.

>Grilled cheese sandwiches are for children.

I won't argue with you there, but we're talking about baked beans on toast m8.

wtf is spirit vinegar?

If only there was a global repository of information, complete with an easy way to search it for keywords or phrases which would provide relevant information on a subject?

Don't get lippy with me, mate.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinegar#Spirit

That sounds terrible.

wtf is spirit vinegar?

Are you implying toasted bread doesn't absorb liquid? Are you fucking retarded?

>What is stuffing.

Please do us all a favor and take a nap on some train tracks.

>no citations
>scare quotes

I don't fucking trust it.

Why, because mommy still makes them for you at 13 and you want something to latch onto to act mature over?

Oh did I hurt your feelings?
I'll bet you're eating a grilled cheese right now aren't you baby?

Buy any cheap tinned baked beans but heinz are the best. Also you MUST grate cheddar cheese over it, maybe a sprinkle of black pepper.

>MUST grate cheddar cheese over it,
there you go again ruining a perfectly healthy meal with artery clogging cheese.

Oh for shame, his junkfood is slightly more junky, how awful!

No you cock mongrel. I'm inplying that toasted bread is a lot more durable than non toasted bread. So crawl back inside your mothers hairy arsehole before I cut off your head quicker than ISIS you no foreskin having Jew cunt

Well faggotmericans are lidrallt retaryrd so yah

Yjeu provany as 8000 cakerus od buttwe too it agyer

I was gonna make an OBSESSED post, but I think you're having a stroke, so jokes on you.

Toast is actually less durable and more absorbent when applied to liquids. You know jack shit...you don't even know how toasted bread works.

Please take a long walk off a short pier.

non-britbong here.
i enjoy the combination of fried eggs,bakes beans in tomato sauce,toast and bacon. sometimes i have some fried sausage and/or potatoes as well.
also partly this, heinz baked beans are good, the 2 other brands i have tried were shit tier and threw them on the floor.
don't see a point in buying them online though

>put beans on toast
>pick toast up with hand
>eat toast with beans on
or
>put beans on bread
>try and pick bread up but it collapses, spilling beans everywhere

>also partly this, heinz baked beans are good, the 2 other brands i have tried were shit tier and threw them on the floor.
don't see a point in buying them online though
I assumed they wouldn't be available in the US

>put beans on toast
>pick toast up with hand

...wait. You think you're supposed to eat beans on toast by hand? You fool.

Seeing as though you've gone and ordered a dozen tins you should make it worthwhile and get some Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce as well.
Go for the full English breakfast at some point too. Sausages, bacon, eggs (fried if you're hungover), beans, black pudding, toast, and tomatoes. Mushrooms, hash browns, and fried toast are good additions although optional.

So what do the British beans taste like compared to American beans? I usually do Busch's bakes beans, which are a BBQ sauce base.

this; just flick out the pork.

Good to know, thanks.
I will get it a go!

i have no clue but they are available in finland so i'd guess they are available in the US as well

Brantson beans are superior in every way you disgusting nigger

Baked beans but they're different than Americuck baked beans, they're haricot beans, as far as I know, drenched in a sugary "tomato" meme syrup (i.e. pig disgusting)

>what is a knife and fork?

they're pretty much the same

Extra dishes.

They are firmer and that means the skin comes off easier and that the texture is absolutely vile you inbred cretin

The standard baked beans you can get here in the states is pretty sugary and tomato-y, I can't imagine the difference is that significant.

It's hearty but doesn't taste very good.

It's more of a poverty food that you would eat if you desperately needed the calories.

Actually it's quite a bit more sugary. Depending on your "standard" obviously. But if you look at a popular one, Bush's, per 100g, there is 9.2g of sugar, compared to Heinz in the UK which is 4.7g.

If you're from the USA, go to Kroger and hit the "British food" section. The irony is that "Heinz baked beans" was originally an American product that we now export to the UK.

It doesn't work with American baked beans - they're different and too sweet.

Beans on toast won't take you to Flavortown™ but it is homely and stodgy - like a hug on a cold day and you may even like it. I add butter, white pepper and a sprinkle of chives to mine.

interesting, why white pepper?

I ran out of black pepper once, tried it with white and liked it that way since

What do you think toast means, you mongoloid?

Bollocks. You're probably one of those fags that overcook beans

White pepper is hotter than black pepper

They make a good burrito too. Reduce most of the liquid on the stove, add some rice and cheese to a tortilla, top with beans, roll and grill.

Couldn't you just add more black pepper instead of buying another kind of pepper? Is it a different heat?

No... After I butter the toast, I cut it with kitchen scissors into small squares, arrange on plate, then top with beans.

Racist.

The U.S. stuff also usually uses a different kind of bean and the sauce is thicker. It's a very different flavor.

>A packet of instant noodles is a meal

Two can play this game, yank.

imho would feed to dog

American beans are made with a sugar sauce.

Now I know what I'm having for Christmas breakfast

They're only Haricot beans with tomato sauce.

And no you can't just buy Haricot beans and cook them in tomato sauce, its not the same, Buy Heinz Backed Beans or not at all.

Pro tip: toast some wholemeal bread, butter, then a little marmite on.
Cook beans in saucepan for 10 min or so. Until they're kinda squishey but still have a little bit of firm about them.
Put on toast
Grate strong cheddar, Parmesan or gruyere cheese on top
Put under grill for cheese to melt

Orgasm...works with over stewed tea, milk and 2 sugars

Do Americans really eat beans on bready stacks?

100% this. Buttered toast, steaming hot baked beans, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste.

m8 beans on toast is fucking carb city, youd get fat eating it all the time. Sprinkling cheese on it isn't going to make it much worse but it's going to make it taste twice as good.

Who the fuck eats beans on toast without grating cheese on top if they have actual cheese in their house? wtf lmao

Does anyone have a recipe for a homemade version of Heinz beans?

Impossible, Heinz is a brand so it would be like trying to match a McDonalds burger perfectly.

Forget the toast, beans with hash browns is the best

there's nothing special about haricot beans. In the US we call them white pea beans and are in our pork and beans.

>Toast becomes too soggy to eat unless you want to use a knife and fork
You're supposed to.

>it's just not a sandwich.
Did you seriously put baked beans between two pieces of toast and try and pick it up?

OUT OF MY WAY POORFAG FUCKING SHITS

Imho would feed to dog

>heinz beans on toast topped with cheese

muh DICK

>being this much of a cuck

HI THERE

>is beans on toast good?

It's OK but nothing special.

It is the British equivalent of Beans and Rice, both bread and baked beans are sold as loss leaders in British Supermarket so it is probably the cheapest meal you can make in the UK. It is also quick to make because most people make it using a toaster and microwave.

The entire meal costs 25p to make (31 American cents) and takes 3 minutes to cook.

People eat it because they are poor, lazy or nostalgic. I eat it myself occasionally but I wouldn't cook it for someone else.

just put van camp's chili on cheese toast

my dad always made that when he was stoned

when it say kidney do it mean kidney beans or offal

>Cooking beans in the microwave

You managed to fuck up beans on fucking toast, only a shart can be that retarded

Kidney as in the organ

The organ

>both bread and baked beans are sold as loss leaders in British Supermarket

...that was true for about a week in about 1996

mentalfloss.com/uk/weird/31164/the-great-baked-bean-war-of-the-1990s

>falling for bait
really?

The tinning process adds a lot of flavour, I an't imagine that could be reasonably replicated at home

WTF? Why have I not seen this for sale in Portsmouth?

Probably because they haven't made it for over a decade.

A decade ago was when I became a Submariner, I missed so much.

REEEE÷ĚĘÈÉÊËĒĖƏ!!!

Sounds like it's full of fags

How life UNDA DA SEA?

Well the food is crap, curried lasagna was a shit idea.