I hate Philadelphians so god damn much.

Other urls found in this thread:

realfoodgirlunmodified.com/homemade-marinara/
youtube.com/watch?v=yztx8qfoNu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>chili "sauce"

even don delillo calls it gravy

we don't care about you

Wait, there are actually people that call tomato sauce gravy? Why?

if they call tomato sauce gravy, what do they call actual gravy?

Apparently it's a common thing among Italian-Americans.

>>Why
I have no idea. It doesn't even meet the definition of "gravy". But then again it's not the first time that culinary terminology is commonly misused.

They call the tomato sauce "Sunday Gravy".

They call gravy gravy.

>goulash

fun fact: gravy actually means any sauce that contains meat product. What Italians call "tomato gravy" or "Sunday gravy" is literally meat juices thickened with tomato product, unlike "brown gravy" which is meat juices thickened with dark roux or "milk gravy" which is meat juices thickened with light roux and dairy.

SE Asians also refer to the sauce portion of curry as "gravy" and they're typically not wrong since curries in SE Asia contain meat, poultry, or seafood product thickened with spices and coconut milk or cream.

The more you know.

>What Italians call "tomato gravy" or "Sunday gravy" is literally meat juices thickened with tomato product

The problem is that most "sunday gravy" recipes contain little, if any, meat.

imho would feed to dog

that fucking gangster from Hell's Kitchen did a recipe. he had three different kinds of Italian meat in his and it looked fucking delicious

I'm sure there are exceptions, but I've been fed "Sunday Gravy" by my extended family more times than I can count and there's never been any meat in it.

the problem is with your family, not with the idea of sunday gravy
very few pastas are served without protein anyway, what the fuck

There was protein, just not in the gravy itself.

And please understand that I'm not just talking about one cook in my family. I'm talking about several relatives, friends, friends of friends, etc. Not to mention the armada of cookbooks we have. Very few mention meat in a "sunday gravy".

No. That's called "chili mac" and it's a dish for 7 year old children.

this

go to google and type in sunday gravy. find me a single recipe without meat

realfoodgirlunmodified.com/homemade-marinara/

>homemade-marinara
I'm not even clicking that link
0/10 try again

I clicked on it. It's a fucking terrible food blog, but it says "Sunday gravy" on the top of the page.

I bit. Five pages into google I couldn't find that link. God knows how long it took him to find that counterexample, but it sure as fuck doesn't make the rule.

Brown tomato sauce

>People of all ages can't enjoy a dish
Wow must suck to be an """""adult""""" like you

what do you call a sauce made from chillis?

>I'm not even clicking that link

Why not? I did exactly as you asked: typed "sunday gravy" into google. The term "sunday gravy" is all over the page.

Chili sauce is not the same thing is "chili", which is common shorthand for "chili con carne". that is a dish in and out of itself, not a "sauce".

The meat is usually served seperately

My man

I know retard thats why I greentexted
>being this new

Its not called that. Its called american chop suey

Hey, Chicken Tikka Masala only came about because some twatty Brit wanted some "gravy" with his Tandoori chicken.

Google adjust search result based on location . So maybe hes not lying .

No it's called beefaroni

Chili con carne needs beef. If you just make a sauce from chilies and let's say tomatoes, it doesn't magically turn into chili con carne.

Correct. That's why "chili sauce" and "chili (con carne)" are two different things entirely. Which is exactly what I just said.

There was an upscale Eastern European restraunt with a really good chef by my parents house that made fucking amazing Goulash. I wish they hadn't closed so bad. All the food was top tier.

That's just annoying Italian Americans who are so desperate to cling to their shitty culture. Philly is shitty and hatable for plenty of stuff, but don't put that evil on us. Most actual Italians call it sauce, but apparently Italian-Americans call it gravy because the word for "sauce" directly translated to gravy in American English, so their illiteracy is to blame.

I fucking hate that shit.

I've never had chilli in American goulash? As far I've always known, it's just elbow pasta with a tomato sauce and ground beef.

It's also filling and relatively cheap. I've never interpreted it as kid food (especially since I didn't like it as a kid), just poor food.

>three different kinds of Italian meat

youtube.com/watch?v=yztx8qfoNu0

>but you gotta have the pork
>ooh, that's the flavor

that's a really beautiful scene for any Italian-American cu/ck/

and yes, that's exactly what I think of when I think of "sunday gravy." Basic tomato sauces are cooked without the meat.