I ate a Jalapeno and barely cried. I think I'm ready for the next step. Which pepper is slightly spicier?

I ate a Jalapeno and barely cried. I think I'm ready for the next step. Which pepper is slightly spicier?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YmNt0kpaZGE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ghost chili.

ghost pepper

Thai chili

Dr.

Dr Pepper

Fuck you guys.
I was the only one of my friends that didn't spit it out when we challenged each other so fuck off.

if you want a real answer, 1. look it up, 2. dont post a stock image, 3. habanero

next most common pepper in heat would be a Serrano.

the next step is serrano, then thai chili.

after that is red savina habanero, then scorpion, then naga, then reaper. after you've conquered the carolina reaper you've pretty much won 'spicy foods' and can stop. anything further are dare items (chicken wings spiked with pure capsaicin) and potentially deadly research chemicals like resiniferatoxin (RTX). that shit is an extract of the resin spurge plant and measures 16,000,000,000 scoville units in heat intensity (compared to your jalepeno at 4000) with an LD50 (median lethal dose) of about 0.7g per 1kg of body weight.

seriously though don't eat RTX or the plant it comes from. you'll die. you might even have an acute asthmatic episode from one of the higher tier peppers, man. shits dangerous. be careful.

I'd throw in an Anaheim pepper, not because it's super hot or anything but it is a ladder pepper. Although arguably it's less hot than a jalapeno.

This and then cayenne pepper.

>seriously though don't eat RTX or the plant it comes from. you'll die
According to that LD50 you'd only have a 50% chance of dying even IF you managed to eat ~100 grams of it which would be humanly impossible.

I hope you guys have been watching youtube.com/watch?v=YmNt0kpaZGE

Bird's eye/Thai chili. They cost something like $2/pound at Asian grocery stores and are a good stepping stone between jalapenos and habaneros.

>barely cried

>gal at work grows reapers for herself
>gives me a few
>tongue is slightly deadend from eating so much spicy food
>was pretty spicy, but manageable

i wanted to actually peel my own asshole off my body later that night, it was so painful to shit

Scotch Bonnet and Bird Pepper. They're both spicy but flavorful.

Anyone here grow their own peppers?

ghost peppers are legit less spicy than jalepenos, they just burn longer and can affect your lips and throat. habaneros are much more intense.

scoville scale is arbitrary horseshit.

I grow jalapeno, poblanos, tabasco and cayenne. They need a well drained soil with plenty of composted manure in full sun. Also keep different varieties in separate areas because they will cross pollinate otherwise and you can end up with superhot poblanos or jalepenos or mild tabascos.

you must be basing this off of the popeyes/wendy's versions of using "ghost peppers" because thats not true

Christ, there's no way a corporate franchise is going to serve a true Ghost pepper flavoring due to liability issues. Grow up millenial, zombie, advertising consuming, corporate whores. Fuck off. Our country is ruined because of you worthless fucks.

Try a peruvian puff pepper.

Trinidad scorpion or Carolina reaper

Should just jump straight to the habanero peppers 2bh

Red Habanero

You and your friends are weakass, me and mine were doing the same things with habaneros at age 14

You should be warned . Peppers are inconsistently spicy. That may have just been a milder one.

>peppers are inconsistently spicy

That's why Scoville measurements have a wide range for each kind of pepper. As much as it varies the general range is pretty fucking objective.

Madame Jeanette or Habanero are good. Way spicier but not by far up there with the Ghosts and Reapers. I like them because they actually have redeeming qualities besides being spicy.

Yep have a few annuums which are 9+ years old, grow orange/red/chocolate habs, scotch bonnets, fatali's, a few baccatums and recently bought some 7 pods and trinidad scorpions although I'm afraid that i'll have to throw them out if they're too hot. I guess I'm lucky to live in an area where I can just leave most of them outside during the winter and still keep them alive and healthy.

Habanero, pretty common so easily available, they also taste absolutely fantastic.
Though they are lot hotter as well.

>Muh millenials

Go to bed gramps.

Serrano, Cayenne are next on the scale.

Guys I didn't even cry when I had some siracha for lunch. What's next, Chipotle Tabasco?

This,jalapeños aren't even that hot

Dude stop. There's a huge gap in spiciness between habanero and jalapeño.

As for you, OP, go to google and search for 'scoville scale'. Wikipedia will have a page listing peppers in increasing spiciness.

its actually 10 grams now, based on nonhuman lab testing. still a lot but i wouldn't fuckin' eat it.

That would be the cayenne, then the habanero.

This is true. Chain restaurants aren't going to serve up a dish that might cause Grandma to fall down and have a seizure if someone in the kitchen misreads the order. You're not going to get really spicy food in any kind of chain.

I haven't had ghost peppers but I've eaten habaneros--and find that a little habanero goes a long long way. Like, one, seeded and sliced, in a big batch of stirfried broccoli and chicken is tasty but it's just about my limit if I eat slowly and carefully.

There was briefly near me a burrito place--they went out of business pretty quickly--that advertised naga pepper salsa. Being an inveterate chili head and helpless capsaicin addict, I tried it. They actually got all theatrical and made me sign a waiver before they'd let me eat it.

It was very goddamn hot, comparable to seeded habanero, and had the additional quality of making my gums itch and tingle for about a day afterwards. As a hot pepper it was great, as a salsa it was only mediocre, and needed more salt, lime, and cilantro. I think they were just grinding up the naga pepper with some tomato and onion in a blender behind the bar, and that aspect of it--the orange mush in a paper cup that was served to me with tortilla chips that weren't even warmed up--was a grave disappointment. If you're going to do a naga pepper salsa, do it RIGHT. I want chopped tomato and onion bits in it, and cilantro, and garlic. And chop it with a knife, like pico de gallo. Salsa is not marinara sauce. And warm up the chips first. Jeez.

What were we talking about again? OP, try fresh cayenne peppers next.

OP, go to your local supermarket like Safeway or Albertsons and pick up a bottle of El Yucateco. Its habenero sauce. Its the next step after Jalapeños.

No, because if you take anyone from a Nordic country, or even Europeans, Americans are from European descent, you'll find there's not... I'm sure many pretend to like it, but spiciness is not the white way. It's definitely not the Nordic way. And I'm going to explain why.

Spiciness is degenerate, spiciness is anti-white. I don't mean to say that in any trivial way. In what it represents, spiciness is degenerate. What it means to spice up your food is to cause yourself agitation. To agitate your tongue. To cause you pain. To cause you a sensation, this new sensation, you might start shifting in your chair like "aah! that's hot!"

Here's the thing about spice, once you go from spicing food to making food spicy you've crossed into the realm of degeneracy. You're gonna be welcomed by Arab sheikhs and fucking la cucaracha dances. I don't mean this as a joke. If spicy food is something you enjoy then it's a sign of a degenerated spirit.

And it's these mud races that are so obsessed with spicy food, they're obsessed with agitation. They live in these climates where it's just sand, blowing in the wind. Or they might live in a muddy tropical forest where it's all gooey and slop-slop everywhere; it's constantly changing. But in the far North, what do we have? We have ice. There we have a true symbol. A way to orient ourselves, I suppose you'd say.

Spice is really a symbol of total decadence. If you enjoy causing pain to yourself, why is that? It's a thirst for total agitation that these lowers races are so much more... It's so much more sensual than the Hyperborean race. And it's not a plus. Hyperboreans have the true strength. Ice is strong. Sand you can just throw it to the wind, or you know... Disgusting... you can step on some mud, throw it away. You cn disperse it easily. But you have to smash ice.

So don't eat spicy food from a fucking salsa bowl, drink from the cool ice of your hyperborean ancestors.