i want that 90s paranoia vibe, like xfiels

>pynchon
But it is Pynchon...

Probably Infinite Jest tbqphwy

ahhhh fuck infinite jest

>But it is Pynchon...
yeah bleeding edge is pretty on point but ive read it

there's gotta be more than like 5 authors writing this kind of thing

Not joking, start reading into a lot of occult + conspiracy + mysticism literature and wait until you start seeing the connections and degrees of separation between these things, their characters, even their protagonists

Warning: May induce schizophrenia

Sorry, even their authors*

Also, secret societies

If you want something Pynchonesque (they reference him regularly) and literary look up the May Day Mystery. Very 90s, very conspiratorial, very paranoid. However not actual literature although it heavily involves literature.

i'd love to read myself into a hole of mental illness but right now i just have the time for an episode of xfiles or a conspiracy novel

>May Day Mystery

I'd rather find the "secret" messages in Lady Gaga music videos.

Read Blindsight now. Its free on Peter Watts's website.

Not sure if this is exactly in line with what you want, but give Flicker a try. It's about a film student digging into the filmography of an obscure German director and uncovering a long-running conspiracy behind the history of film. There's a fairly constant bombardment of film references (both real and imaginary) and to some extent it reminds me of Pynchon minus the dense prose.

It's that crane thing the Greeks had.

>what is the deus ex of Veeky Forums
>excludes the top five answers

Foucault's Pendulum

PKD.

2666?
Illuminatus trilogy?

>Valis
>Night Film
>Oracle Night
>House of Leaves

And start Reading Eco's Foucault's Pendulum for some cheerful silliness :)

Go back to your toy board, manchildren.

People have to realize cyperpunk is a genre with little books, because it is not only books, there are also videogames, movies, tv shows, etc. In order to experience the cyberpunk, you have to visit each medium. For literature, there are few beside gibson and stephenson.

Euripides' Medea

I bet it looked epic when it was employed.