Is tequila really as strong as people like to joke as?

Is tequila really as strong as people like to joke as?
>lol 5 shots I'm sooo wasted

Other urls found in this thread:

thewhiskyexchange.com/p/10246/ocho-anejo-tequila
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No one besides women say that

I don't touch the shit. I'm irish and it fucks me up. It tastes fine but I know the outcome, I'll wake up in a bush with a black eye or next to some landwhale.

I guess other people can handle it but not me.

No, but since it's extremely easy for me to pound it straight I tend to drink it way too quickly. I love the taste of tequila.

I think that's where the meme comes from.

The only time I drink straight tequila is when I'm hanging out with Mexicans and for whatever reason want to make them look like pussies. Or have them buy shots for me because "lol this crazy gringo, he gonna fade"

Works out because even though most beaners are alcoholic they can't hold straight liquor for shit and if I start slamming tequila I get some kind of respect

>drink beaner drink for women
>not drinking brandy like a true gentleman

Brandy is for black people, user.
Whiskey is, and always has been, the white man's drink.

It's the same proof as vodka, mate.

>5 shots

Maybe if you take them all at once.

I usually have 12 in a 4 hour period when at a party. 8 if I am clubbing.

Whiskey is for island monkey Brits and fat fuck fedoras

Like you

>Brandy is for black people, user.
>unironically drinking shitty brandy like hennessey

>Whiskey is, and always has been, the white man's drink.
It's true.

t. triggered and niggered

Brandy is for niggers, whiskey is for tryhard fedoras. The true white man's drink is bottom shelf vodka drank straight from the plastic jug it was born in.

Whiskey is close, but bourbon is the correct answer. Bourbon is THE white man's drink. Everything else is for lesser races. Nogs,spics, whops, chinks, gooks, jews, spooks, and everything else in-between can have all the other swill.

Tequila tastes like crap. Vodka has a refreshing and neutral taste. Sobieski is the best hard liquor there is.

Come on man, don't make me say it.

>Sobieski is the best hard liquor there is.

Bait. This shit is fucking Karkov tier swill.

No, I was 100% serious. I only drink shots of it, but it tastes refreshing.

I always liked Tito's Handmade. I was never a fan of Sobieski (I was exaggerating, but I don't think it tastes very good).

They key is to look at the alcohol content. Nothing else really matters. Tequila, like most hard drinks, is 80 proof (40% ABV) typically. This means yes, it will burn going down and not be pleasant to drink like you drink water.
The taste of tequila is similar to pepper, which adds to its unpleasantness.

Yes but then again I'm a little girl

No, it's just a 40% abv liquor like a whiskey or a rum or a vodka. That said, don't buy Jose Cuervo, mixtos taste like shit. 100% blue agave or 100% down the drain

I haven't done shots of it before, but you know that song "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off?" Well I know a girl that it does exactly that to. Nothing else makes her like that. It's pretty weird.

Same here. It makes people horny and the outcome is not worth it.

Tequila info dump:

Most tequila in US is 40% ABV, while in mexico its 38% ABV.

Tequilas can be broadly classified into 4 catagories.

1) Mixtos. Never drink this shit. It is 51% tequila 49% sugar, caramel color other shit that gives you horrible hangover. Op pic is a mixto.

Always look at the label and buy stuff that says 100% de agave. I wouldnt even buy mixto to mix into margaritas.

2) Blanco/Silver This is unaged spirit. Usually hotter on the throat than its aged counterparts. Prominent flavors are agave, herbs, pepper, grass, mineral. Great for mixed drinks. Only sip the high quality stuff.

3)Reposado/Rested Aged 2-11 months. Usually aged in oak barrels. Agave flavor still prominent but more subdued. You begin to get more sweet smells/flavors mollases, vanilla, caramel, but herbs woody and spices still dominate. Can be sipped or mixed.

4) Añejo is aged 1yr+. Aged in oak. Here much sweeter smells/flavors dominate. Chocolate, vanilla etc. can be very smooth. Sipping. Within this category there are Extra añejos which are aged 3+yrs and are usually very expensive. (Don Julio 1942, Gran Reserva de la familia)

A good way to venture into the world of tequila (and other spirits in general) is to buy all three iterations of a spirit from a single label. I would stay away from patron and other mass market tequilas as they are not good value for money.

Tapatio makes excellent tequila and it comes in 1 liter bottles as opposed to the standars 750ml. Great value.

Herradura is widely available and produces an acceptable product.

Don Julio is pretty good but more expensive.

El Tesoro de Don Felipe makes great tequila but its on the pricier side.

This.

Probably more notorious for getting people fucked up as opposed to whiskies and other spirits, because like vodka, it's more of a party drink which is easy and socially acceptable to shot.

Thanks user. I always mean to get into tequila but never get round to it.

Go to a tequila bar if there is one in your area. There are a couple near me and they offer tequila flights where can sample each type of tequila from a particular or you could also get like 3 different Blanco, all from different brands.

And like they said, stay with the 100% agave.

that's some shitty b8 m8

All liquors, assuming same alcohol percentages, gets you drunk at the same rate and the same way and has no different effect on your behavior

if you don't realize this, you should get an underage ban

>Op pic is a mixto.

Yep. Notice that it doesn't actually say "Tequila" on the bottle. It says Jose Cuervo.

I was actually thinking of "Ten Rounds of Jose Cuervo" among other things like comedians when I asked the question.

>how to trigger a nigger

It does say tequila but it doesnt say 100% de agave. Just says de agave. Also, avoid any tequila that says Gold.

Bourbon is for inbred redneck faggots.
Drink a manly drink and stop fucking your sister.

What did he mean by this

>It does say tequila

Look at the pic you mong. It says "jose cuervo especial". The word "tequila" is not prominent, as per labeling laws because it's not actually tequila.

Why does Tequilla taste like rotten fruit?

>what is agave
>what is fermentation

Can't you read a fucking label ? It is as strong as the label says it is. God fucking damnit.

What is agave? What is fermentation?

Weebs really are this dumb.

>wake up in a bush after drinking shots of tequila all evening

That really did happen to me and it's never come close to happening when I've drank the same quantity of whiskey, vodka or rum.

Agave is the plant from which tequila is derived. Although it looks like a cactus it is not.

Fermentation is process which converts sugars into alcohol.

I was just pointing out that the pic does indeed say tequila. The producers are sneaky and just because the words tequila are written on the bottle does not mean that it is 100% de agave.

>standard /alk/ poster
>maybe 4L a week of vodka averaged out
>"dude, just try tequilla, it's vodka made from cactus"
>that's bullshit, and I know it, but I'll try it anyways to make him happy
>4 shots down and start having extremely violent invasive thoughts
It didn't taste too good, but I stopped before I woke up in an electric chair

>as strong as
Look at the abv on the bottle?

I always interpreted this sort of thing as people using tequila as an excuse to do things they'd be ashamed to normally, not something directly caused by the tequila itself.

No, it's only 80 proof so it is the same as other shots.

Just depends women go overboard with the stuff, I hate doing shots of tequlia.

Rums and vodka's are usually the same proof or higher and generally cheaper

How big is the measure for a shot in the US? here it's 25ml but I know it's 50ml in vodka parts of europe

1.5 ounces.

It's as strong as any alcoholic beverage with an equivalent amount of alcohol in it.

Gross though.

that's like saying "5.47 farts". speak metric you backwards mongoloid corn fucker.

>brandy
Brandy's a fucking woman's drink .

>backwards
I guess.

>yuropoors are so retarded they can't do a simple conversion

>caring this much about what you get drunk on

>women
>ever drinking straight liquor
If you're going to stereotype it at all, it's overly-affluent douchenozzles

Nigga have you been to college lately

If anyone's getting absolutely demolished off straight liquor, it's usually the dumb cunts trying to keep up with guys who more often than not outweigh them by a good fifty pounds.

>still, against all evidence to the contrary, believes the US landed on the moon

Moron.

I've been looking for a nice smooth tequila, could you recommend a bottle in the £40ish area

I go to one that's half-respected so this sort of shit is generally off campus. Either way women would always have lite "beer" or mixed drinks at the parties I've been to.

Huh?

these days the middle class black demographic enjoys cognac, (henessy in particular), malt liquor (nothing wrong with that), moscato, and vodka (ciroc in particular)
source: louisiana bartender; shreveport and new orleans

henessy is vsop cognac

sobieski is not good at all compared to ketel one, or my personal fave, stolichnaya Latvian witerwheat vodka.

I really enjoy cabo wabo brand silver...very very smooth

bourbon actually originated amongst French elite in the 18th and 19th century

cabo wabo

I don't know what makes it so different than other spirits but my behavior is fucked whenever I drink it.

Real men drink piss.

This many, faggot.

This

Damn, prices in the uk for tequila are ridiculously expensive.

If you are looking for a smooth aged spirit the best value i could find in the uk online liquor stores was

Ocho tequila anejo.
thewhiskyexchange.com/p/10246/ocho-anejo-tequila

The interesting thing about this tequila is that the tequila is produced from one field of agave. Usually tequilas are blended in order to achieve a uniform flavor profile that is consistent. In contrast, the ocho brand of tequila celebrates the difference in flavor profiles from each year. If you look at a bottle it will tell you excatly from which plot of land the spirit came from. Interestingly, it takes a minimum of 8 years for the agave plant to mature so each year the tequila is completely different.

The family that makes this tequila Camarena are knows to be master distillers and have various other high quality tequila to their names.

Forgot pic.
They also sell tapatio tequila one of my personal favorites. However, they are charging £30 for 500ml which is extremely expensive.

Gran centenario is also a good anejo and cheaper than my recommendation of ocho but its not as good imo.

Not user, but i work in a mexican restaurant and have tried pretty much every tequila brand available in the U.S. - go for Don Julio Reposado or Blanco if you want a clear liquor.

If that can be had for less than £40, go a step up and spring for Maestro Dobel.

Virtually all hard liquors are 80 proof, or 40% alcohol.

No, tequila is not any more strong than an equivalent 80-proof vodka or rum.

Any behavioral attributions to spirits are purely psychological.

For example, if someone says "Oh, tequila just makes me go wild and fuck black men uncontrollably!"; there's no effect that tequila is having on this particular gentleman. The only possible explanation would be a palatable taste for tequila, allowing one to drink more or take more shots.

1792 single barrel I drink too much of. A great bourbon on ice

What do you drink faggot?

Thanks for this post. Only ever had shit tequila, shit taste, bad experiences, horrible hangovers. Will try a good one based on this next time.

Thanks, might pick up some Anejo. Is it worth paying an extra $10 to get Don Julio over Herradura?

Yea the prices are bad, which is a shame as I like a good tequila.

It all depends on your preferred flavor profile.

Herradura is a little spicier with agave, caramel and fruit notes. Light woody notes.

Don Julio is sweeter, more dominant agae and vanilla notes. Oak is also present.

I tend to prefer the herradura since i enjoy the spicier notes.

For a cheaper alternative that for me is better than both i would go Tapatio anejo. You can find it in the US for cheaper than $45 for a full liter.

The agave might have an effect on the brain

There's nothing but trace amounts of agave in the finished spirit due to the distillation process.

furthermore, there are other beverages which contain a fuckload of agave--like pulque, for example--yet those have no apparent affect on the brain. If agave did have an effect then surely it would show when drinking those beverages given that the finished beverage contain thousands of times more agave than tequila does.

You probably drank from a haunted cactus, those aztec spirits in your spirits really lower your spirits.

Wow an actual post

for some reason when i drink tequila i always black out and have a terrible hang over the next day

I've been trying different whiskeys, rums. brandys, whiskeys, Ouzo's, and all that, but Tequila gold is still my favorite.

It isn't any stronger since it's only 40%

I cant imagine the bottle shops carry a good selection of tequila.

He is supporting that other user's assertion and adding his own observation that tequila has an effect disproportionate to its alcohol content.

>hurrr different types of spirits have different effects

nope, alcohol is alcohol.

people are either acting, or falling for placebo

HURR TEQUILA SHOTS WOOOO I WOKE UP IN VEGAS IT WAS THE TEQUILA OMG STACEY WHO IS THAT GUY DID WE SNORT THE WORM?

how fucking old are you?

>t. Never did shots of tequila all evening.

shits disgusting yo

First time I've audibly laughed in a while.

Good shit.

>never did the same amount of vodka shots over the same amount of time

MEZCAL is much better than tequila.

Mezcal is different than tequila, as there is less control over the method of production. This can be both good and bad. Ive had horrendous mezcal. And ive also had mezcal that was extremely good.

Mezcals are usually much smokier than tequilas. If you like smokey whisky/whiskey then mezcal might be a good spirit to try. The smokiness comes from the fact that the agave plant is cooked in a pit on a bed of coals then buried.

Mezcal is in most cases a much rougher spirit, so becareful.

Its because normies don't usually do shots, and they don't know how to wait for it to hit their system
So they end up pounding 6 shots in an hour and wonder why they get so completely fucked up

The only times I blacked out was on tequila and the other time was Bacardi 151. If I want to get drunk quick I drink vodka mixed with ginger soda, regilar vodka burns my throat for some reason.