What does Veeky Forums think of Foucault and his work?

What does Veeky Forums think of Foucault and his work?

yes

>AIDS-ridden fag
>degenerate
>SJW
>cultural marxist
>continental ""philosopher""
>muh oppreshun
>pedophile

He's nothing more than a leftist cuck

I notice you didn't mention any of his works. I'm guessing you are wholly unfamiliar with them

>SJW

Ironically he would have hated the modern Left because it's authoritarian, even though he himself was a social constructivist.

>Pedophile

No, but he didn't ever say anything bad about it because he believed in subjective morality.

Now it begins.

are we getting a raid by pol?
those arguments are flawed

I feel as if some of his ideas are pretty useful, and it tickles my Romantic fancy how he elevates the power of language and inscription in pretty much everything he writes about. My only beef with him is that he's the go-to guy that people cite to sound smart, despite reading a few sentences of each of his major works in some sort of lit crit anthology.

one word: neoliberal

saged

That's four words you dip.

/pol/ is always right, cuck

I'm not a fan really. I think the idea of intellectual archaeology and a style which is quite historical rather than scientific is very interesting, but he was prone to simplification. His theories of 'power' are the clearest example, a simplification of complex phenomena which smuggles in authoritarianism by smothering the line between legitimate and illegitimate force

He's in the top three intellectuals of the 20th century. Madness and Civilization is so ouroboros good with that Goya yum yum to open and close the book. I presented at a science & technology conference and this fucking Foucauldian of the biopolitical persuasion was massacring his work in a way that made me sad. In a similar way I think Nietzsche would roll in his grave if he knew the bogus uses his work was used in pop cult references. It's fucking awful when your worst ideas get such momentum in the hive mind (Kanye I'm. Looking at you) of pop cult.

The intro to The Order of Things is simply one of the best pieces of visual hermeneutics ever.

to preoccupied with defending proto-sciences like psychology and sociology, he should've pursued the philosophy of architecture more, it's objectively his best work.

>I've never read a single work by Foucault, but I'm going to respond to this thread based on his Wikipedia entry and how it triggers me

He said himself that he was just writing fictions. I think this is a helpful thing to remember with both Derrida and Foucault is the collapse of the distinction between philosophy and literature.

Joke on you, I didn't even read his Wikipedia page, everything I know about Foucault is from The School of Life's video.

citation needed.

the first 3 or so are funny,.but this is like the fifth /pol/-like post today
what's happening?

Your mom has been burning coal again so we have to increase the dosage.

>Everybody on Veeky Forums is supposed to be a far-left Anarcho-Marxist, yet here's this person who upsets my sensibilities
>What's happening?
This is like the fifth reddit-like post today.